Chapter 39 - Conference

The rain had yet to die down. In the living room of Alex's dorm, the princes, along with Principle Evan and Godfreg were gathered. Gion, Livio and Shintarou were also called to meet up with them there. Waiting by the table,they all had complicated gazes on their faces.

Godfreg was first to speak "I did saw Shao Long walking into the forest earlier today. I tried to call him, but he didn't turn around. I followed him at first, but he disappeared when I looked away for a moment".

"Shao Long still has my phone" Shao Jun stated as he rubbed his aching head.

"Where is his phone?" Principle Evan asked him.

"I found it in his room, but it's locked. I don't think it can help us with anything anyway. Young Master Shao Long rarely records anything personal in his phone" Xueyang answered.

"Tell me all you know, from what happened during your trip to the mall. Alex told me he went missing since then. And that means all of you, include everything that might be related" Principle Evan said sternly, pinching his nose.

if it was any other student missing, maybe he wouldn't be too worried. But this person was Shao Long, the literal son of the deity of misfortune, if you know what I mean. Trouble is his very shadow. Him being missing might even lead to another level of disaster for both them all and Shao Long himself.

Not to mention all the serious misfortune that had just slumped onto his shoulders yesterday.

"Well, at first he had wanted to go to the electronic store by himself and e planned to meet up at the fountain in half an hour. After that half an hour, Charles had only just arrived, so we sent him to search for Shao Long." Alex stated, then looked at Charles, signalling that it was now his cue.

But before anyone cold respond, Principle Evan asked "Out of all people among you lot, you decided to send this weirdo. Why?"

Charles could only accept his fate of being called a weirdo by his own principle with a dejected smile, while the rest of them looked away, thinking in their hearts 'Do not question the decision of us matchmakers....'

"Well?"

"Ahahaha, just that we wanted to rest for a bit at that time, and Charles had only arrived" Albert immediately made up an excuse.

"Fine. Continue" Principle Evan rolled his eyes at such lame excuse.

Charles ignored his questioning gaze and replied "I searched for Shao Long near the electric store and couldn't find him so I searched the whole east side. Coincidentally, I passed an empty store at that time hen I heard some noise coming from there. Thinking it was weird, I went to look and found a Chinese guy talking to him. Then, that guy suddenly collapsed when I came in",

"He collapsed when you came in?" Principle Evan raised his brow, not at all believing him.

Shintarou looked dazed for a second and then widened his eyes in realization "Wait, you shot him with that sleeping drought dart I gave you?!"

"You gave him a sleeping drought dart?!" Principle Evan turned to Shintarou.

"He threatened me!" Shintarou raised his hands in defence.

"And you, why the hell did you shoot him with that?!" Principle Evan turned to Charles.

"W-Well....." Charles rubbed the back of his head and sddenly found the carpet below his feet too itchy to his liking.

Xueyang stared at him and somehow connected one dot to another, then with an 'ah', he leaned down to whisper something in Principle's ear. Whatever it is that he had said had successfully caused he man's face to turn red in fury. "Fine the, continue".