Chapter 42 - Don't Leave

Gion and Livio decided to move east as mentioned before by Charles. It was rather futile if they did no do so anyway. The were currently at the west side of the forest, so they had nothing to do there even if they search longer. The library is situated further southeast from the cliff, so the closest would be the east where Charles found the lead to Shao Long.

Livio dwelled not too far away from his Master, keeping a good few steps away from him. Gion walked in front, not bothering to turn back every once in a while. The two stayed silent all along the way, only stopping to tie more ribbons.

Eventually, Livio spoke "Gion, does Nubis visit you often?"

"Not that often, maybe once a month. It increased recently but stopped just a few days ago. Why?"

"It's just that..... No, it's nothing..."

"Speak up" Gion spared him no glance.

"I don't know if I shou-"

"Speak. Up". Gion's voice suddenly became stern. Livio flinched before sighing as quiet as possible. This prince is really hard to please.

"I talked to Godfreg just now. He did notice someone breaking in the school ground every so often. At first, because no one was hurt, Godfreg turned a blind eye. But now that he had proven to cause harm, he was starting doubt it. And he also said that in the real school system, even if he posed as no threat, the act of entering the school to his heart consent itself is not allowed and punishable by Principle Evan himself. Godfreg said that if he dared enter once more, he may have to take action and asked me to say this to you".

Gion paused for a few seconds before replying "His actions do not concern me. Tell him he could do whatever he want with Nubis".

Livio was stunned. He had thought that maybe Gion would at least back Nubis up. After all, Nubis even calls him big brother and cared a lot about him. Countless times Nubis had been out to help him and even until now he wasn't appreciated?

Ah, no wonder Nubis threw a rage....

"But Gion...."

"He hurt Shao Long. It doesn't matter if it's Shao Jun he thought, he still hurt him. I don't want anything to do with him" Gion stated with a sense of fury in his voice. Once again, Livio was stunned.

"That's odd. He hurt Gina before too, you know. You weren't this mad" he said.

"That's a different case. He knew better than to hurt Gina. He wouldn't dare. But that doesn't mean he can hurt anyone else".

"....... Previously, hadn't he always hurt others? Why now?"

"Just because I stayed silent, doesn't mean I agree. And just because he's a prince, doesn't mean he can't be charged for harming others, especially a nobleman of China, and princes of other countries. Without his royal blood, he's no one" Gion growled in anger.

Livio wanted to say that that wasn't the question, but felt like if he asked again, he would still not be met with the answer he wanted.

"Then, what are you going to do about it?" Livio asked him.

"Depends on what he did to Shao Long. If he's severely injured, see how I get back at him...."

"Then, are you going to confront him at the library?"

"........I don't want to see him right now".

🥧🍡🍢🥠🌭🥩🥓🍄🥞🍖🍝🥘🥙🌮🍘🍙🧀🍔🍤🍰🍮🎂🍚🍱🥟🍜🥣🍛🍲🥗

Shao Long blinked his eyes open slowly. His body was trembling despite how weak he currently felt. It took him a moment to realize that he was still in the dark forest, far away from the Academy. Remembering everything, from his father suddenly making an appearance at the mall, him going to the cliff, and Nubis attacking out of nowhere.