Chapter 69: Once Upon A Time

Holy shiet, I actually went this far in 5 months. Wow.....

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻 A'ight, y'all. Let's toast for my aching fingers for typing this. Four chapters in 12 hours. Congrats to me.

A crowd forming at the hospital this late at night wasn't something strange. But a crowd of rich second generation was not common either. On a much different case, 7 princes of great countries, 8 of the world's richest people, and 1 scholarship student, wasn't at all common. The sky had already turned completely black by the time the doctor went out of the emergency room.

The one who talked with the doctor was Shao Jun, the only family member, Xueyang, the bodyguard, and Principle Evan, the one most responsible for a student's condition. What was discussed between them and the doctor couldn't be heard by others, but it was crystal clear from their expressions that it wasn't a good thing. Not in the least bit.

After they finished talking, the three walked back to where the others were waiting, each one with an obvious darkened expression that could barely be hidden. Shao Jun and Xueyang went on separate direction, unable to face anyone else at the moment. Principle Evan was left to explain the situation to the rest.

While everyone kept their gazes on him, Principle Evan sighed heavily, saying "He needed an urgent heart transplant."

Of course, this was greeted by confused shouts from the uninformed princes.

"Why would he need a heart tranaplant?!" Ciel basically yelled this out, unable to contain his confusion and worry.

"Wasn't Shao Long healthy and athletic? Did someone hurt him?!" This time it was Albert.

"Wasn't the one who had a weak heart Shao Jun??" Felix asked.

"Is he okay?!" Alex butted in, face filled with worry. Somehow, felt something somewhere made sense.

Gion had his pupils shrunk as he tried to process everything. "Wait wait wait......then that means.... previously, the one that fainted in the dorm was Shao Long and not Shao Jun?"

Hearing his speech, the princes were struck with realization.

Principle Evan paused for a few seconds before reluctantly nodding.

"Then....his heart....wait a minute...." Gion connected a few pieces of suspicions he had had on Shao Long over the few days they had met again.

Realization did hit him hard. How Shao Long was acting so out of it. How he wasn't the usual energetic guy anymore. The time Shao Jun ran alone while Shao Long waited at the bus stop. How protective Shao Jun and Xueyang was over Shao Long. The who knows how many times Shao Long passed out, the who knows how many times Shao Long gets tired all too easily. And how someone like Shao Jun was the exact mirror of what Shao Long used to be before.

"Wait, it couldn't be that....Shao Long's heart was transferred to Shao Jun....?" Gion mumbled.

Shintarou heard him loud and clear, then turned to him with a look of disbelief "That's impossible! Who would.....oh wait....his parents....it could be as a punishment.....for being suspended....."

The smart ones could connect these two points as quickly as it was said, but the remaining ones left was confused, as they couldn't fully process those few words. That, and they were naive enough to think that something like this would be too inhumane that no one would've ever thought about it.

"I-Isn't that too much?!" Leon exclaimed in horror. "There was no way he could've done that! No matter what the reason, it's just too cruel!"