Chapter 124: Consequences

I never planned my story up to this scene just so you know, I'm making things up along the way. Hence, some time gap between chapters for me to sort out my thoughts. Hehe. 

Again, I found a way to make the story more sensible, so yeet.

Halfway through writing this I forgot it was Xueyang and Shao Jun who had the heart right now, and had to edit it again. 

____________________________

When Xueyang first arrived at Shao Long's room, he didn't really know what to expect. He had seen Shao Long's sudden high multiple times before, had borne witness to his shenanigans whenever the younger male was bent on doing something that required a lot of work. The kid would not stop until the objective of his efforts were achieved. He knew how bad it could get, too, when the boy absolutely refused to rest, most of them were directly after Xi Shen Ko was done threatening him into doing what he wanted. 

This time though, clearly Xueyang was not prepared. 

During that month Shao Long had been locked up in his room without a word in or out, Xueyang would always wait for him outside his door, every night, to the point of sleeping on the floor in case Shao Long ever went out, and had needed him. When one night the boy did step out of his room for the first time, with Xi Shen Ko in tow, Xueyang thought that whatever it was that happened to him inside wasn't physical. There were no new bruises on his body, or new cuts, or shallowed cheeks. What he saw instead were a pair of dead-like eyes that seemed to go through his own, unseeing, as if there was nothing in front of him, and nothing made a sound. Shao Long was unresponsive for a total of eight hours before Xueyang could finally get him to speak a word. 

He found out later that the boy had forgotten everything that happened inside. 

That must've been the time Xi Shen Ko had drilled the suggestion into him, Xueyang thought to himself, because the look Shao Long had now, on the hospital bed, craddling his phone in his palm like it was the most precious object in the world, typing something on it with absolutely no indication that he had noticed their presence. Shao Long stared at the phone like he didn't see a thing. His eyes were rimmed red, and watery from not blinking for far too long. The fingers typing furiously didn't so much as flinch when Xueyang had busted the door open with a kick. 

Xueyang had looked up psychological suggestions on the Internet multiple times before, None of the search results though, could ever prepare him for this sight before him now. It was as if Shao Long's soul had departed from his body, leaving only the shell of a human on the bed, lost. 

"Gege!" Shao Jun pushed past Xueyang when he saw his twin's condition. From the doorframe, Xueyang watched as Shao Jun wrestle the phone away from the other's hands, only for Shao Long to react violently towards him. Too violent, in fact, that Xueyang was sure that it could not be safe for both Shao Jun and Shao Long's weak heart. In an instant, Xueyang was behind Shao Long's smaller body, hands gripping on the boy's arms to stop him from trashing out. The organ box he had held onto earlier was placed on the doctor's desk, far away from the commotion. Shao Long had yet to speak a word, but from the change of expression, he could tell the other was now agitated. Shao Jun tried to hold his brother's legs, before successfully being kicked on the chin.