Chapter 190: Drixlia's Evolution

Lymar Village,

Kirkcour Woods, Rosendun.

12:10 a.m. 16th Banem 1092

Crackle!

Lightning flashed across the cloudy sky, accompanied by raging thunder as the heavens bore witness to the madness occurring at the village square. Thick mana, visible to the human eye, swirled around the square as if carried by a tornado. The winds were so heavy that no one dared to approach the scene.

The strange thing was that it was impossible to tell who was causing the scene, between the stallion undergoing the ritual or the daeben who had dozens of paintings revolving around him.

Kashi issued a light smirk as he placed the final touch on his last painting. He took a step back and admired the image of beautiful waves lapping onto a sandy beach, which beyond which, traces of a prairie field could be seen.

 He took a step back and admired the image of beautiful waves lapping onto a sandy beach, which beyond which, traces of a prairie field could be seen

Kashi revealed a smile as he flicked Rosario's brush, sending it into his inventory. It seemed 100 gates was the current limit for his inner world. To increase the limit, he would have to increase the size and stability of the inner world. Well, as far as stability went, he knew what he had to do: Find high-class totems representing the elements. As for size, well, he would take his time figuring that out.

Kashi raised his hand, and the paintings fell onto his outstretched palm one after the other, until they formed a neat, thick pile. The daeben barely had time to appreciate the fruits of his labor when Drixali's stern but chaotic voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Kashi-dono! It's time for the final step!"

Kashi quickly tucked the paintings in his inner world, then looked at Drixali. Surprisingly, the strange storm did not end even after he finished his painting. It seemed the gods had taken an interest in the cocoon. The daeben's gaze narrowed as a smile curled up his lips. Drixlia's transformation had to be beyond extraordinary for the gods to have taken an interest.

His confidence stoked by the realization, Kashi excitedly called out to Drixali, who was outside the storm. "What's the final step!?"

"You have to place an imprint on him," Drixali said and then elaborated. "It will form a connection with him, which will allow you to know each other's location anywhere in the world, as well as communicate your intentions."

"What? I'll be able to talk with Drix?"

"Not talk in the simplest terms," Drixali refuted with a shake of his head. "It's intent, not words that are communicated. It's so much deeper. Words can create misunderstandings, but intent does not. Because it's the truth of the heart."

"Ah, I understand," Kashi muttered, wondering what that would be like. He had a similar connection with Kira, but they used words, not the so-called intent. However, it was true that they could feel each other's true emotions, hence why he never bothered lying to her. There was most likely no one in the world who understood him as well as Kira did. 'How long are you gonna sleep?'