Chapter 193: Sleepsong

Kover Dungeon,

Briarhoard, Rosendun.

10:23 p.m. 16th Banem 1092.

BOOM!

A massive battle in which hundreds of adventurers faced off against thousands of cambions neared its conclusion at the Kover Dungeon's final floor. The dungeon's numerous entrances converged at this floor, pooling together the strength of all the adventurers, and the enemies were worthy of the number.

2000 Cambion Regulars.

200 Cambion Captains.

20 Cambion Generals.

2 Cambion Royals.

Even with Kashi and Leila's help, there was no way the Maggots could handle that massive number on their own, so they had to collaborate with the other guilds. Luckily, Kashi took on the Cambion Royals while Leila and other guild leaders occupied the Cambion Generals, allowing the other adventurers to contend with the Cambion Regulars and Captains.

The battle was incredibly tough and raged on for over four hours, during which there were many losses. But Kashi eventually managed to knock both Cambion Royals unconscious. Following this, he assisted the fight against the generals, quickly bringing those battles to a close. Then, the guild leaders, led by Kashi, reinforced the other adventurers to slaughter the remaining cambions.

"WHOOO!"

"YEAAHH!"

The Hopeful Maggots and many other guilds happily cheered when the final cambions of Kover dungeon fell to their knees in surrender. The dungeon clearance quest had finally ended!

As usual, Kashi sent the unconscious demons to his inner world for submission. This trip had netted him two Royal Cambions, 30 General Cambions, and just over 1000 Regular and Captain Cambions. The size of Kashi's inner world increased, and he received a permanent +17 increase to his Strength stat and a +50 boost to his Charm.

Kashi accepted the changes with a slight nod and then turned to look at the giant crystal floating at the hall's end. The daeben recognized the mana crystal, as he had seen similar ones in Aygorzi. He had given one to Lunette as a gift, while Aygor left the second as a power source for the city's defenses.

Kashi walked up to and then examined the crystal, eyes brightening when he spotted thin threads running from the crystal to an array formation on the ground. Kashi was by no means an expert on arrays, but he could recognize a couple of runes within the array. He concluded that the array was responsible for replenishing the cambian forces. Whether it was a portal to the Netherworld or a simple spawning system, he could not tell for sure.

Kashi took a small parchment and quickly traced the array formation, making a mental note to pass it on to Jade for experimentation. He placed the finished portrait in his inner world, and only then did he use [Inspect] on the crystal.

Kashi did not use [Inspect] to begin with because, in L.N.E, those who relied too much on the game's systems never saw the full picture.