Chapter 151: Get to Work

Undisclosed Location.

Suzuki's lips curled up into a rare smile as he watched the black-haired, cool archer he was all too familiar with, stand upon a podium, trophy in hand as she gave a short, thank you speech. His smile spread even wider as he realized the source of the joy within his heart. He was proud! Not proud of himself for accomplishing something, but proud of someone else. He was proud of Ayumi!

Suzuki clutched his chest to restrain the butterflies that had begun to dance within his heart. This small but prominent exhilaration, accompanied by a small heat in his chest that seemed to wish to rise to his eyes. This feeling seemed to carry equal parts joy and excitement! So, this was pride in someone else!

Suzuki closed his eyes as he reveled in the newfound emotion. Though he had sympathized with the plight of some people, he had never felt what it was like to feel proud of someone who achieved something extraordinary. This was a first for the young man, and he intended to commit the feeling to memory.

Stood next to Suzuki, Jade looked up at the young man. Her gaze traveled from the smile on Suzuki's face to the confident young woman on the screen. Someone who could cause the stoic Suzuki to release such a profound smile (or any smile in general) could not be an ordinary acquaintance. Jade's eyelids twitched as she forced down the uncomfortable feeling in her chest. She looked back at Suzuki, whose gaze seemed to be fixed on something far away.

Well, she had never been one to be indecisive. Since Jade had confirmed the faintest hints of jealousy hidden within the depths of her heart, she now knew what she had to do. Jade's expression betrayed none of the emotions in her heart as she calmly stood by Suzuki's side while waiting for his strange state to pass.

A few moments later, Suzuki's eyes flashed as he exited the brief reverie. He took a deep breath, a profound look in his eyes as he nodded at the screen. "Let's go." With those words, he climbed the stairs to the corridor above while Jade silently tagged behind with a queer smile.

Usman watched the duo's backs with bemusement and confusion. Leaving aside the fact that they had ignored his presence in the room, he was more interested in the recent changes in 'Suzuki.' Originally, Usman had not been sure of it, but during Suzuki's 'enlightenment,' Usman had clearly 'felt' something change in Suzuki.

It was not something tangible or huge, but if he were to put a word to it... Presence.

Yes, it would be presence. It now seemed the black hole known as Suzuki finally had a bit of presence. Usman could not understand how it happened or was supposed to work, but it had been obvious that since they met, Suzuki had begun to culminate more and more presence.

Was it indeed as a result of Kashi? If so, what was Razznik supposed to have been then?

Considering Suzuki was almost devoid of genuine emotions when Usman first met him, the young agent wondered what the hell Razznik was supposed to have taught Suzuki. Furthermore, if the Suzuki he initially met was an improvement on a previous version, then...

Usman shuddered at the thought.

Usman sank into his thoughts, his brows bunched together in a tight frown. He pulled out his phone and typed in a short message to his superior. "The entity Suzuki requires further investigation." Usman placed the communicator in his pocket, then turned his attention back to the screen.

The Archery Princess left the grounds after accepting her trophy, so the station played a rerun of her matches leading to the finals.

The Archery Princess's saga was a real moneymaker, and the stations intended to earn the maximum profit possible from her name.