Chapter 136: Rosendun's Guilds

Two Days Later,

2nd Banem, 1093.

Moonberry Forest,

200 km. Northwest of Kerta.

Moonberry Forest, famous for its lv.150 ~ lv.200 monsters, began getting its first visitors in recent weeks. Although the average Summoned level still hung around the early 100's, the hardcore leveling guilds and Summoned, who viewed the game as an opportunity to make some real-life cash, had already pushed to the late lv.140's, rapidly approaching the significant marker, lv.150.

Moonberry's monsters were not the only powerful things it had. Its trees, stone, and even minerals like iron had higher levels and ranks than those found in other regions. As a result, merchants often hired mercenaries and guilds to clear out regions to allow the gatherers to harvest the resources needed.

These gatherings of individuals from different ilk needed a place to stay. So, a no-name town was set up close to the forest by the kingdom to serve as a hub.

This outpost was just one of many the Rosen kingdom had set up in recent months all around Rosendun as its economy boomed, and adventurers found new places to explore and develop. This particular hub was unique, however, as it was the first built in a lv.150 region. A lot of care was taken to ensure monsters would not easily breach its walls. Its security consisted of some of the kingdom's strongest law enforcement officers, whose presence barely sufficed as a deterrent against the rapidly rising Summoned.

The men and women in this region were the best of the best—the frantic elite. Both Summoned and Residents alike were regularly found in the forest, locked in fierce competition to improve themselves beyond all others. They were eager to advance in levels, power, and prestige regardless of the dangers involved.

Danger flourished in this forest of wild beasts, which had yet to be conquered by man. This day, the threat presented itself in the form of a massive horde of raging direjackals, haunting barks chasing two black beasts through the dense forest.

The fleeing beasts, one a massive direwolf who only slightly lost in height to the stallion galloping alongside it, tore through the forest, crushing thistles and branches underfoot in their bid to outrun the rapidly encroaching horde.

The enraged direjackals, whose numbers had increased over time to upwards of a hundred, egged on, refusing to abandon the chase.

The direjackals' anger exploded when one of them dropped dead with an arrow mockingly sticking out of its head. Seated atop the stallion, Kashi grinned as he released another.

With Drixlia's intelligence, Kashi did not need to bother directing the proud beast, which left both hands free to snipe the incoming beasts with extreme prejudice. A sick smile played on the daeben's lips as red petals blossomed atop a jackal's head with each arrow loosed before it crashed to the earth, their deaths adding even more fuel to the flames burning in the packs' hearts.

A snort from Drixlia focused Kashi's attention ahead, where rays of sunlight seeping through the trees revealed they had finally come to the end of this particular stretch of forest.

"Lune, Get Ready!" Kashi excitedly yelled, sparing a glance at the songstress whose body was plastered against Kira's back, twinkling eyes and trembling fingers revealing her bubbling excitement. Without reins, saddles, or stirrups to stabilize her, Lunette could only give a sharp nod in reply, for fear of falling off Kira's back.

Bubbles of laughter rose up Kashi's throat at her predicament. Laughter, which he vigorously let out as they crossed the trees' end into open, hilly plains.