Chapter 203: Long May He Reign!

Throne Room,

Riven, Rosendun.

1:50 p.m. 18th Banem 1092

"Hahahaha!" Kashi laughed out loud, his body shaking as he struggled to push down his rising rage. He could feel the call of the old rush of anger, the allure satisfying feeling he had after beating whatever caused that anger into oblivion. 'No. That is not me. I am Kashi. I'll do it my way.'

Kashi's laughter ebbed, once again replaced by his sinister grin. "You are right about one thing. I do not care about Rosendun or its laws," said the daeben as an elixir appeared in his hand. He removed the stopper and placed the drink to his lips as he raised his hands and said, "You want to see who I really am? Fine, then I'll show you..."

Vwoom!

The court held its breath as three large portals appeared in front of the daeben. A magnificent, powerful centaur walked out of the portal to the right, clad in imposing leather armor. Darian, next in line to be chief of the Lymar centaur tribe, glared at the court, his imposing form causing several ministers to take a step back. The massive spear clutched in his right hand caused the Royal Guards' vigilance to skyrocket instantly, but they did not make a move yet, afraid of escalating the situation to a point-of-no-return.

Kashi, ignoring the unease that Darian's presence brought, stretched out his hand and stated, "Darian Alshmeer, future chief of the Lymar tribe of centaurs, and qualified ambassador of his people." As the daeben spoke, two women stepped out the leftmost portal. These women, a chetah, and a daeben, were such a rare sight in Rosendun that the court could not help but stare in shock.

"Larsial J'rain, leader of the daeben contingent captured at Aygorzi," Kashi introduced with a smile, "and Asha, appointed chieftain of the felur in Merriheim and representative of Merriheim's North-East Claw. Finally," Kashi said as an old, white-haired man dressed in green, woodland clothing stepped out of the left portal. The hall immediately grew silent, an oppressive atmosphere descending upon the ministers from the man's aura.

Kashi grinned as he gestured at the druid and said, "Rayatha Thorn, former primate of the Chaos Order, now loyal subject to the Hopeful Maggots and thus Rosendun."

The court gasped upon hearing the name, 'Chaos Order.' Once upon a time, the Chaos Order lived in obscurity, but in recent times, due to Summoned's chaotic nature, more and more of the hidden organizations' activity had been forced to the light. Of course, one of the worst offenders was Kashi, who had spoiled three major operations, taken down two primates, and unintentionally caused another's execution.

In particular, Kashi's exposure of Froy in Merriheim finally legitimized the Chaos Order as a substantial threat in the eyes of the continent's leaders. Previously, claims to the guild's existence were brushed off as hearsay and happenstance, but the liberation of an entire country from their grasp finally proved the vast range of their influence.

As a result of the minsters' knowledge of the Chaos Order, they could not help but view Rayatha in a negative light, and in turn, the daeben who recruited him.

Kashi, sensing the discomfort, spoke up before Zitch got a chance to derail the narrative. "I joined hands with King Parissius to help build a new world. One in which peace reigns and children are not forced to go to war at the whims of adults. In this world, everyone will receive equal treatment, regardless of race or gender." Gesturing at the individuals who had emerged from the 'still open' portals, Kashi said, "Each of the groups these people represent has tried to kill me in one way or another." The daeben paused and then added with a chuckle, "Now that I think about it, only Darian here has not personally tried to end my life."