Chapter 210: Fallout

Redmont Manor,

Serisis.

7:45 a.m. 19th Banem 1092.

The world announcement regarding the orcs' inclusion as a playable race and the tremendous advantage given to the Silver Spear guild was like a bombshell dropped among the top guilds in Destia. Thousands of men and women instantly mobilized, many of which headed toward Daggerfall, eager to fish out some clues as to the origin and meaning behind this prompt.

The once forgotten land of Daggerfall, and in turn, Ederwoord, were about to experience a massive influx of visitors. Even as some were still getting used to the news, many Summoned dissatisfied with their current classes or race logged out and returned a moment later in Daggerfall as newbie orcs.

The top guilds around the globe panicked, realizing that Silver Spear had stolen ahead of them with this announcement. This news attracted countless fresh newbies or old hands who were yet to pick a guild. If this went on, these guilds would be forced to fight for the scrappy leftovers.

Naturally, with the rest of the Summoned receiving the prompt, the Hopeful Maggots in Redmont Manor were no different. However, rather than panic, the Hopeful Maggots' guildmaster only reacted with a curious smile as he read the prompt.

"Hmm, now this is interesting." Seated on a chair in his room, Kashi muttered as he pondered on the contents of the world prompt. The daeben, fresh off a nice bath, contentedly relaxed in the comfy chair in a simple T-shirt and loose pants. A small parchment with a half-finished painting rested on the armchair, small fluctuations in the space around it revealing it to be a dimensional painting.

"Is this alright?"

Kashi looked up from the prompt, eyes widening with admiration when he saw Lunette standing at the bathroom door. Lunette, dressed in a loose blouse and a pair of shorts, gently dabbed at her hair with a towel as she approached the daeben with concern in her eyes. This was probably the first time he had ever seen her in casual clothing. It was somewhat refreshing and homely.

Noticing Kashi's blank stare, Lunette rebuked with a teasing smile, "Focus," and then tossed the towel over his head. The songstress walked over as Kashi placed the towel on the armrest and looked at her with a sheepish smile. Lunette pointed at the prompt which Kashi had left in 'public' mode. "Won't this be a problem?"

"Don't see why it would," Kashi replied with a shake of his head. "If anything, this is a good opportunity. The orcs are a powerful race. It's nice to see them joining the global stage."

Lunette cast a curious glance at Kashi. From the outside, his nonchalant expression suggested he really did not put this incident in his eyes. Normally, she would have assumed this was an act. But after her experiences with Kashi, she knew he was serious.

Maybe Kashi did not realize the enormous repercussions?

Lunette opened her mouth to talk about it, but a set of loud but strangely rhythmic knocks interrupted her thoughts. Looking to the door, she couldn't help but wonder, "It's already time?"

"Not yet," Kashi replied with a smile as he rose to his feet and walked to the door. "Like clockwork," remarked the daeben as he opened the door. His lips curled in a knowing smile as he looked at the dark-haired wisben awaiting him with an angry glare. "I see you got the prompt too."

Leila Lightwood, vice-guildmaster of the Hopeful Maggots, glared at her guildmaster, feeling extremely vexed at his lax smile. "I knew you'd be like this," she complained and was about to push her way in when she recalled that Lunette was also in this room. Glancing at Kashi with a weird look in her eyes, she asked, "Is it safe for me to come in?"