Chapter 20: Kill that Spriggan!

Tense sweat poured down Kashi and Leila's necks as they stared down at the giant spriggan. The beast's hands crackled and pulsed with electricity as its eyes narrowed in on its prey.

"Careful," Kashi warned as he nocked an arrow. He slowly sidestepped to his left while keeping his eyes trained on the beast for the slightest sign of movement. Once the daeben had formed a straight line between the Lord Spriggan, himself, and Leila, he let an arrow fly.

Whoosh! The whistling arrow broke the deadlock.

Lord Spriggan, in a display of frightening agility, swiftly ducked to the side, dodging the arrow and then lunging at the daeben. It brought down its flaming sword to cut Kashi, but he quickly dove out of the way. The daeben's gaze hardened as he watched the sword melt the gold it hit.

'I'm done for if he lands a direct hit with that thing!'

Chi! Chi!

Two arrows stabbed into the beast's back, breaking its concentration. However, this didn't seem to cause much damage as Lord Spriggan only snarled as it whirled around and launched a ball of electricity at the culprit, Leila.

Leila ducked behind a pillar which the electric ball struck to no avail, then hopped out of cover and shot off another hail of arrows.

Lord Spriggan ignored the onslaught and returned its attention to the daeben. He pursued Kashi and relentlessly hacked at him with its sword. Kashi's excellent instincts and superior agility served him well. He repeatedly peppered the enraged beast with steel arrows while sidestepping the beast's blows, waiting for the perfect opportunity. Most importantly, he remained within melee range of Lord Spriggan, so it never had a chance to charge up any magic attacks.

This also freed up Leila to continue taking potshots from a safe distance without fear of retaliation.

Kashi's opportunity finally arrived when Lord Spriggan, in its rage, used too much force and stabbed the sword into the ground. Kashi utilized the brief moment of confusion to jump onto its arm.

Enraged by the daeben's audacity, Lord Spriggan released the sword and flung its arm upwards, launching Kashi towards the ceiling. In retaliation, the daeben twisted mid-air and used [Rapid Shot] to fire six shots in quick succession right into the beast's head. 

Lord Spriggan cried out in pain as a chunk of its head was split open by the attack

Lord Spriggan cried out in pain as a chunk of its head was split open by the attack. Eyes burning with fury, it jumped into the air to finish off the annoying daeben, who remained airborne. However, just as it raised its sword hand, Kira dashed towards it, jumped, and savagely bit down on its arm, delaying its attack by a few seconds.

Those seconds proved precious. With the added time, Kashi righted himself in mid-air, spun in place, and delivered a crunching kick to the beast's face. Lord Spriggan crashed to the ground and kicked up a cloud of dust.