Chapter 97: Kill Them All

'Wh-Wh-What the hell is going on!?' Froy's mind, which had yet to recover from the shock of seeing Kashi in the pit, nearly went dark at Ruse's demise. Even worse, Ruse's final words burned fear deep into the recesses of his stomach. He knew what those words meant. Ruse would return within the week with the main army, and he would raze everything to the ground, Froy included.

Froy wanted to weep. Had he offended Lord Razznik in some way? Why was everything going against him? From the beginning, any attempt to slay Ruse would have given the same result. Since when did Primates use clones to visit their subordinates!? What was this!? Was Ruse not too careful? Froy wanted to curse. Curse everything to hell! Right now, he only had one route to survival, and that was to flee to another primate's territory. Yes, yes, that was what he would do.

All these thoughts and more flittered through Froy's mind in a second. In the next, he had already spun around to flee for his life. It was at this moment that one of the ghouls appeared at his back. Sharp acute pain tore up Froy's back as a dagger slid into his back and tore upwards. Pain! Unimaginable pain flared up his back, but in the end, he was still a high priest of the Chaos Order. He bit down on his lip and focused on that pain instead. "Song of the Swift!"

The crystal earring pulsated with warm light, which then covered Froy's entire frame. His speed doubled, allowing him to dart across the room in a flash. Only when he reached the staircase did he allow himself a wary glance over his shoulder, just in time to see the accursed daeben leap out of the pit with the smaller one.

What's more, the ghoul that had struck Froy ripped off the bandage on its face to reveal the stern glare of a snowy-haired youth. Only now did Froy genuinely understand. He was tricked!

All of this, everything was staged by that daeben! Froy's features contorted with explicit rage. All thoughts of running away disappeared from his mind. He would destroy this daeben! He would not allow that daeben's soul to return to the circle!

"[Vengeance]!" Froy bellowed. Cracks spread along the walls at the force embedded in his voice. The crystal pulsed again, but this time the glow was black and chaotic. It wrapped around Froy till the only things visible were a pair of red glowing eyes as guttural growls akin to a beast escaped his throat.

An eerily familiar voice distorted beyond recognition began to fill the room. 

Kashi frowned

Kashi frowned. He knew this would not be an easy fight. His bow already equipped, he nocked an arrow in preparation as his eyes narrowed in concentration. Beside him, Zuri was down on all fours, teeth snarled like a wolf's. Shadow stealthily made his way in front of Lunette to act as a shield. Without a conductor, Lunette had no defensive abilities.

Meanwhile, Lunette's expression twisted as she listened to the eerie voice coming from the crystal. Unlike the others, she knew very well whose voice that was. Her brows knitted together as she glared at the crystal. A competition against herself? Perfect, bring it on! She would surpass her former self!