Chapter 128: My Revolution (3)

Atop the ramparts, a sly grin crept up Absalon's lips as Olgar, who incidentally stood near the Salamander's wounds, was blasted sky high. The lycan crashed into gaping crevices that exposed the Salamander's liquefied brain.

The Salamander's vulnerable brain took the brunt of the explosion because its robust skull contained most of the blast.

Absalon narrowed his gaze at the plumes of smoke that arose, the crackling of burning flesh a sound he was all too familiar with. As much as he would have liked it, he doubted Olgar suffered too much damage from that explosion. He removed his gaze from the smoke as Syèl and Shoko floated over the ramparts, headed towards him. "[Cancel]"

Shoko and Syèl dropped onto the rampart, as Absalon canceled the gravitational magic pulling the daggers they held towards him.

Absalon retrieved his daggers from the two. He was all smiles, apparent pride in his eyes as he praised, "You two did great work out there. Better than I expected."

"Heh," Syèl grinned. "This much is nothing."

Shoko massaged her left wrist, which still trembled in pain from her last punch. She cast her eyes at the dark plumes below. "Now what?"

Absalon smiled. "I know you want to fight, but this is not the time. I promise to give you a stage where you two can battle it out." At Shoko's silent nod, the general proceeded, "Now, you return post-haste."

"You guys plan way too much," Syèl snorted as he walked to the interior battlements. "Can take those guys by myself."

"No, you can't," Absalon refuted as the blood mage hopped down from the wall. Shoko and his lieutenants followed suit, their fall broken by buffeting winds. Absalon watched them mount their horses then rush southward towards the second gate. He returned to the north-side battlement and measured the extent of the damage below. He inadvertently locked gazes with Olgar, who burst out from the pile of brain matter, looking utterly unperturbed by the explosion he just suffered through. "...Even if you could, I would not let you. There is more to war than an enemy's death."

Absalon retracted his gaze as a broadsword appeared beneath his feet. He stepped onto the sword, then used a rare-skill, [Telekinesis] to have it carry him into the sky as he slowly made his way towards the south.

 He stepped onto the sword, then used a rare-skill, [Telekinesis] to have it carry him into the sky as he slowly made his way towards the south

South Gate

"HALT!"

The flood of avespas, upon hearing the beautiful voice, stomped against the ground as they came to a uniform stop. The army, consisting of over seven thousand mounted warriors and warbards, patiently waited for their army commander located at the rear to deploy her next command.

Larsial frowned, her brows deeply set as her familiar's images synched with her mind. Usually, she might have taken the opportunity to mock the proud Orthana. But this situation had wholly overturned her knowledge. Never would she have expected the halben had so much power, enough to wipe out scores of mana projectiles hurtling his way while simultaneously killing off all the summons at once.