Chapter 6: Bows & Arrows

Kerta.

9:30 a.m. 13th Zelyr 1091.

The superiority of Full-Body drives laid in their ability to extend the duration of its users in the virtual world. Full-Body users were advised to take breaks after every three days of use, but there were multiple cases around the world of people who preferred an uninterrupted stay in the virtual world for as long as several weeks. Chief among these people were the rich, older population, who relived their younger days in the virtual world while awaiting the inevitable grim reaper's scythe.

Genaco was well aware of users like these, and so to prevent mental strain from over-use, a sleep mechanic was designed into all Full-Body Virtual Drives. This mechanic allowed users to sleep in the virtual world, thereby releasing the mental stress.

Suzuki, or rather Kashi in this case, planned on taking full advantage of this mechanic. Due to his excellent physical fitness, and the fact that only his brain was being taxed, he really only needed to take a short in-game nap, barely lasting two to three hours. This translated to roughly three hours in the real world throughout three in-game days.

A day had passed since Kashi began training in the second training gallery. During that time, he took a short nap to revitalize his focus. The power nap served his purpose as only a short while after he woke up, he finally hit the bullseye for the tenth time in a row. The system notified him of his improvements with a short window prompt.

 The system notified him of his improvements with a short window prompt

Kashi inspected the stat increases with a slight frown. This archery gallery training method aided in boosting almost all the physical stats, except for Agility. He really needed to find a way to increase that.

Kashi was working toward something called the 'Golden Body,' a hidden trait Razznik accidentally uncovered in the previous game. It was one of the few traits the future Demon King acquired that turned him into the overpowered (OP) character the gaming community feared. The trait could only be gained by making all the physical attribute stat points hit 50 (without distributing a single stat point) before the user reached level 10. It had the effect of adding one extra stat each time a character leveled. So, instead of 5 points, someone with the 'Golden Body' status gained 6 points.

The only caveat was that it took Razznik over two in-game months to acquire that status. Kashi did not want to waste that much time, and he did not need to. Razznik spent ninety percent of those two months learning the basics and tricks before finally uncovering the method.

People said great men stood on the shoulders of the giants that came before. In Kashi's case, he was about to stand on a giant large enough to cover the sun with his hands.

Bow in hand, Kashi walked over to the door marked Comprehensive Test. The daeben entered the room and was met with a circular platform, around which stood multiple bullseye targets on mannequins.

Kashi's brow rose with intrigue as he walkedover to a raised tablet in front of the platform. A system prompt explained theplatform's use and method of activation