Chapter 152: Unification

Aygorzi

10th Banem 1092

Deep within the dwarven city's heart laid the second most protected region of the entire town after the king's palace. A stalwart detachment of dwarven soldiers armored to the teeth guarded the only entrance to the hidden chamber. Each dwarf's steady gaze held an almost worship-level reverence that belied the honor and pride they felt in defending that location.

The select few individuals granted access past the doors would find themselves in a narrow hallway with decorated bronze sculptures of some figures with their names and accomplishments written on steles next to them. Some of these sculptures were of dwarfs, but curiously, most of these sculptures belonged to humes of different races. The humes wore armor with the emblem of a wolf howling to the moon. Despite their varied poses, the statues all seemed to be looking somewhere down the hallway.

After walking down the hallway, the individuals would be greeted by a semicircular chamber that housed a set of massive white doors at the opposite end. This would also mark the endpoint of the similarly armored statues. Six three-meter tall figures, three on either side of the door, took their place, each with an imposing presence that made it difficult to maintain eye contact for extended periods.

If any Maggot were present, they would recognize the figures depicted. Leading from the left was Absalon in his mage armor. The calculating coldness in his eyes gave off the vibe of a no-nonsense general willing to do anything for the sake of victory. Next to him was Jade with a playful smirk. Her left hand was coated with a luminescent material that gave it a warm glow while her right hard sparked with vicious energy.

Syèl stood larger than the rest with numerous glowing orbs of different forms floating around him. Amidst the chaos stood the halben with a nasty, murderous grin. The tongue on his lips quickly brought to mind the image of a deranged man savoring the blood of his enemies.

A massive drakul led the right side. The stoic yet powerful form marred by blade scars and puncture wounds displayed the brave, undying courage of the tribe for the world to see.

Following the drakul was a shrouded figure slightly shorter than the rest. The assassin, whose features were hidden, grasped his blade in a tight grip. His body was taut like he was ready to explode forth should the need arise.

Finally, at the tail end was a magnificent prince-like figure, with her hand on the hilt of her blade. Shoko's regal aura filled onlookers with a sense of reverence. Gazing on her figure was like being in the presence of a royal; one could not help but hold their breath.

All these statues guarded a five-meters-tall crystal door that reached the hallway's ceiling. Carved into the door was the most majestic image of a cold, confident daeben with a teasing smile at the edge of his lips sat on a marble throne. The daeben's right hand rested on the side of a massive black direwolf whose eyes seemed to hold equal parts wisdom and ferocity. The daeben's left hand firmly grasped that of a stunningly beautiful woman whose warm, inviting smile warmed the hearts of all who gazed upon her.

The doors opened to the interior of a crystal dome that was suspiciously sparse except for a bed, piano, and workstation near its center. It was almost like the owner of this hall only brought things in as needed.

Currently, atop the bed, a daeben opened his eyes after five days of sleep. Kashi winced and clutched his chest as an all too familiar pain flared up. "Damn, those birds didn't say anything about the pain." Kashi's expression softened as the pain ebbed then rose from his bed. He scanned the room, not surprised to find it empty.

With a light shrug, Kashi donned a casual jacket from his inventory over his top then contacted Lunette. Luckily, she seemed to be online as after only a few short rings, her ever welcome voice graced Kashi's ears.