Chapter 149: The Flow

Twenty Minutes Earlier,

The rowdy canteen went quiet as six individuals walked into the hall, led by a dark-haired beauty. The members of [Silver Spear] exuded grace and confidence in their steps, which inadvertently drew the attention of all those present.

"Hey, hey, it's those Silver Spear guys. I heard their leader completed the third level two days ago."

"Hmph. That's old news. See that big guy? He solo-crushed two teams during a training session!"

"Ah, my idol is Akiyo-chan! So small and cuddly!"

"Akiyo-chan? Go die if you want to! I'd rather face anyone other than that demon. At least with the others, you'll know how you died."

Yokina Natsu walked with her head held high and feet steady. One could tell she was used to the attention from her indifferent smile. Rather than whatever the plebeians thought of her, Yokina preferred to focus on her outstanding objectives. Two days ago, she had finally completed the third stage of the Gladiator Training. Her integration and familiarity with her Gladiator were steadily increasing by the day. At this rate, she would be ready for the competition in two weeks.

Natsu took a seat at her regular table-a small, round table with six chairs around it-while the rest went to get their food. She scanned the room, searching for a few key individuals, the only people she considered to be a threat. Unfortunately, it seemed those individuals were still in the game. Disappointment briefly flashed in her eyes, but it receded as quickly as it came.

"Kiyo Delivery!"

Natsu pushed the thoughts to the back of her head, a lovely smile brightening up her expression as she accepted the tray in the little Akiyo's hands. "Ah, Kiyo-chan, I said you could leave this kind of thing to Ken-san."

"It's fine," Akiyo cheerfully rebutted as she took the seat to Natsu's right. "Ken-san's got mine."

"Haha! My muscles got to be good for something, right?" Takahiro Ken guffawed as he gently placed a tray in front of the grateful Akiyo. He sat down at Natsu's right with his tray, sending a challenging grin at his leader. "Wanna fight, boss?"

"In-game or out?" questioned a delicate-looking young man strangely dressed in a form-fitting dinner jacket. The young man, Kazue Saito, the only other male member of Silver Spear, took the seat opposite Natsu.

"Saito, stop teasing him," a tall, auburn-haired woman in her early-twenties chuckled as she took a seat. "Ken-san wouldn't last two seconds in Line." Yamazaki Hitomi, at twenty-four years old, was the second oldest of the group after Ken. She often played the role of big sister to the party.

The last member, Nakahara Akiko, quietly sat between Ken and Saito. The fifteen-sixteen teenager's straight black hair was cut short at the shoulder. The curious eyes behind a pair of prescription glasses accentuated her scholarly aura.

"No problem," Natsu replied Ken with a light chuckle. "We'll spar at night after practice."

Ken nodded, a satisfied grin on his face as he looked forward to night-time. Of course, he would first have to complete his in-game duties. A savage glint flashed in his eyes as he thought back to the orcs that had been giving him some trouble at the Southern Border. He looked at Akiko, who was focused on her salad. 'Mm, I will have to ask her for help.'

As they ate, the group began to discuss their separate in-game operations. The task of conquering Daggerfall was undoubtedly not a one-day job. Even with the help of the dwarfs, there was no guarantee they would be able to complete the job, especially with the staunch opposition by the resilient orcs.