Chapter 232: Drakase

Drakase's Northern Shores

2:25 p.m. 25th Banem 1092.

29 Days to World's End.

Drakase, the forgotten island nestled between Merriheim's 'claws.' Heavy ash darkened blotted the skies of this dreary, forever rendering it in a darkened state. A thick fog surrounded the island as if to cut it off from the rest of the world. Silence hung over the region. Neither songs from birds nor chirps from crickets pierced the silence. Even the wind made no sound, almost like time itself had frozen. So it had been for a thousand years.

But, as fate would have it, that serene peace was to be broken on this day. Whurrr... From the ocean came a set of strange sounds, like something cutting through the waves. Dush! As expected, a fleet of massive deathsworn ships tore through the fog and then made their way to the shore.

Grrrru!

The deathsworn fleet groaned as they pulled onto the shore one after the other. Their expertise and timing revealed a well-trained fleet that had performed this maneuver on several occasions.

Several sailors of vastly different races jumped off the ships and then pulled the vessels further onto the shore. When done, they caught giant stakes thrown from the ship, which the sailors drove into the ground, and then tied mooring ropes around to prevent their ships from being carried back out to sea.

Grrruuu... Bang!

Each ship dropped their respective gangplanks following the fleet's successful mooring. Du! Du! Du! Hundreds of soldiers marched down from the boats in an orderly fashion. They then assumed an orderly formation on the beach. Perhaps because it was not war-time, the soldiers held their helmets under their arms, in turn, revealing their faces.

If Kashi were here, he would have been shocked to notice that the army was only about sixty-percent daeben. The other forty was a combination of many different races. There were even a few centaurs, Foggers, and kobolds ― races that were seen as inferior by the humes.

Even stranger, however, was the fact that these soldiers had clear, determined eyes. These were not the eyes of the coerced or forced, but rather, those who firmly believed in a cause and were willing to lay down their lives to make it a reality.

Ka. Ka. Ka.

The soldiers stood at attention as ten figures in dark robes stepped down from the central ship. Tremendous power oozed off these people. So much so that several soldiers sweated as they struggled to remain on their feet.

"It's the star!"

A soldier's sudden shout drew the army's attention to the sigil glowing at the back of the robed people. It was a giant wheel, with eight arrows stabbing out in equidistant directions from a red eyeball. This symbol represented Razznik, the god of chaos, and it was their organization's official sigil.

Unfortunately, directives from above ordered that no one could don the symbol outside the Holy Land. The fact that the cardinals now wore these outside could only mean one thing...

"Yes, it is as you have guessed." A sweet, sultry voice arose from the ship. The voice was not loud, yet it somehow reached everyone's ears, seeming like it came from right beside them. Clack! Clack! The soldiers quickly dropped to their knees as a young woman emerged from the boat, with a thinly smiling, white-furred kafu a few steps behind her.

Queen Alia Tatjana Thorraid, clad in purple leather armor that emphasized her considerable bust revealed a sultry smile as her red eyes glanced at the army. "The time has come for the Chaos Order to step out of the shadows. Ten years we have prepared for this day. The day we proudly step into the light. Raise your head, soldiers of Chaos, and fly your flags with pride!"