33

"Here, Ro." Virgil smiled softly as Roman followed him around like a lost puppy. Roman quickly sat down without the slightest hesitation. Virgil chuckled a bit at the childlike look the other gave him as he sat down too. Roman glanced about his lunch tray before handing Virgil his pudding only for Virgil to laugh more as he just shook his head. "I have my own Roman. I'm ok. If you want it that you go right ahead and eat it."

"But... But I-..." Roman quirked his brow a bit as Virgil just held up his own. "Are you sure it's enough?"

"It's enough, Roman. Go ahead and eat." Roman didn't waste another second before turning to his tray again to eat, making Virgil cringe a bit thinking he might have ordered him accidentally again. However as Roman hummed eating away at his food, Virgil allowed himself to relax. It was going to be ok. This daze... it wasn't going to last forever. Roman was going to come back eventually. Virgil clenched his fists as he tried to calm himself down. Roman told him it was temporary. It's ok. It's ok... It's-...

"It's ok, Virgil." Virgil's eyes darted right to Roman who was watching the other with a very soft and concerned expression. Roman took his hand in his as he nodded reassuringly. "I can feel your nerves. You worried about me... aren't you?"

"I just... I..." Virgil took a deep breath as he nodded and gripped Roman's hand a bit tighter. "How long is this daze going to last?" Roman's eyes darkened as he looked back at the table, not liking the urge in him to suddenly hold Virgil and never let go. Well no... He liked it. He just didn't understand it.

"I don't know, but it shouldn't last too long. I promise. It's already a bit easier to pull myself out of. I just..." Roman blinked a bit as he leaned his head against his arm with a slight blush to his cheeks. "I just need a bit more time."

"I'm not pushing you. I'm just concerned. You're just so... It's like watching out for a small child, Roman. I'm worried something going to happen to you." Roman frowned in confusion as Virgil winced a bit at his words, his nerves only getting worse. "I don't know how to help."

"You are... just by staying close. Trust me. You staying by my side is the best thing that can help me right now." Roman turned Virgil's hand so that he could stare at the mark tattooed to the other's wrist and he just melted. He never thought seeing something like that... having been the one to give it... that just knowing it was there was giving him this fluttery feeling. What was Virgil doing to him?

"Just as long as your being honest with me about what I'm supposed to be doing to help you with this." Roman smiled as he nodded only to growl the second he noticed someone sit down across from them. The second he did a hiss sounded back making Virgil jump in shock seeing Janus glaring the demon down. 

"Now, Now... come on, Jan." Patton giggled as he placed his tray in front of him, letting his brother and boyfriend sit on either side of him. Patton took one look at Roman and frowned seeing how out of it he seemed. "Hey, Kiddo."

"Padre." Roman forced through his teeth still just glaring the witch down as Patton frowned more in confusion.

"You ok there, bud?"

"Yeah." Virgil squeezed Roman's hand causing the demon to snap over to him with a curious look. Virgil just shook his head making Roman crash and stare down at his tray. "Roman's ok. He just has a bad headache. At least, that's what he told me."

"Well, as long as he's ok." Patton lulled softly as Janus's eyes darkened. The witch stared at Virgil's and Roman's hands that were still together just resting on the table. He noticed the tattoo on Roman's hand and paled as his eyes darted to Roman in shock. The demon was still just sitting there staring at his tray, barely eating anything as his mind flurried. Too many people were far too close to Virgil. To many people that could do something or separate them. It was taking everything in him not to snap at each and every one of them. He felt that crawl down his skin as he noticed Janus's shock filled expression, eliciting a growl from his lips, his eyes flashing red as he held Virgil's hand tighter.

Janus just sat there blinking, his mind in a tumble. His gaze kept going from one to the other as the sound of his brother's conversation slipped into the background. He could see the strain in the demon clear as day as Roman rubbed his thumb against Virgil's palm, sending daggers through the air with just his glare. It was obvious Roman was telling Janus to back off. The witch was just confused. When did the great demon prince Romulus get tamed? When did the demon of insanity and gore because of someone else's bitch? Janus really didn't understand how it could be possible. He was trying to work through his thoughts but at the sound of Roman's growl getting much louder, he realized he must have been staring at Virgil for too long.

"Roman?" The table went quiet the second Roman growled loud enough for everyone to hear. Virgil finally noticed his stance and how he was rubbing his palm repetitively. He thought at first with was just for affection, same with the hand holding. He cursed himself out as it dawned on him. Roman was doing it to help calm himself down. "Ro?" Roman grimaced as he glanced over to see Virgil smiling at him. "You ok? Is it... Uh..." Virgil frowned as he glanced around before just sighing and praying the other knew what he meant through the haze. "Is it your head?"

"My... My head?" Virgil nodded giving the demon this look as Roman's eyes suddenly widened. He nodded softly as he pulled Virgil's arm closer to him a bit. "I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's not your fault your not feeling well." Virgil reassured as he let the other move to hold his wrist instead, noticing right away how Roman instantly seemed to relax the second he touched the mark.

"Kiddo, if you not well..." Patton started only to stop as Roman quickly shook his head.

"'m ok. Just a bit... out of it. Sorry, if I'm worried you." Patton just smiled as Roman took a deep breath. "Really I'm ok. Thank you though."

"It's no problem, Roman." Patton giggled as he glanced around before just giddily bouncing in his seat. "Actually... I was wondering..."

"Oh no," Janus muttered anxiously as Patton beamed. "I'm not going to like this am I?"

"Oh, hush, Jan." Patton teased before turning back to the two before him. "I was wonder if you two wanted to join Lo and me for a sleepover at my house."

"Sleepover?" Roman lit up, his eyes shining with anticipation as he squeezed Virgil's wrist with a questioning expression. "Please? Virgil? Can we?"

"Why are you asking him? You can do whatever you want." Janus snapped only making Roman flinch. Virgil just groaned in annoyance, glaring at Janus to stop before brushing Roman's hair back, seeing the desperation in his friend's eyes.

"Please, Virgie?" Roman whispered quietly as he gave an anxious smile. "I know you don't really like them and give what happened the last time but... I've never really... had any before. Other than with you."

"I don't see why we can't." Roman's eyes shined as Virgil just nodded with a chuckle. Patton squealed happily as Logan just blushed over his boyfriend's excitement. Virgil seemed to be in the same boat as he flushed over how happy Roman looked just over him saying yes. Logan cleared his throat catching everyone's attention as he nodded and fixed his glasses.

"I will be sure to have Patton send you the information then. I will also have a list sent of things you might need to bring-..."

"Oh, Logie-bear..." Patton laughed as he leaned against his boyfriend only making the other blush more. "It's a sleepover, not a business engagement. Don't worry about a thing, Kiddos. You just bring yourself... and some clothes."