2

Virgil sat there just staring at the pointer as his heart hammered in his chest. Sure he didn't believe in ghosts and shit as a physical thing but... he wasn't stupid. He knew there were more out there than just them. Darker scarier things... He didn't believe simply because it gave him a reason not to be afraid. But if he were to tell you exactly everything he was terrified of happening because of this... game? You would see just how much he did actually believe in it. 

"I don't think you understand what it is you're trying to do..." Virgil was cut off by Derek ripping the pointer out of his hand with a laugh.

"Of course we do Emo. We're going to make a deal with the devil." Virgil swallowed his fear as he plummeted to icy depths filled with anxiety. "Or at least with the Demon inside it."

"You're insane." Derek's eyes glimmered with anger as he nearly slammed the pointer on the board and growled.

"Put your fingers on the thing or whatever the fuck its called... and shut up, Anxiety." Virgil flinched as he quickly did what he was told and sighed. 

"It's called a planchette." Derek frowned in confusion as he and his friends all did the same too.

"What?"

"The pointer piece of a spirit board. It's called a planchette." Derek broke down in laughter as he roughly ruffled Virgil's hair making the smaller whimper slightly. Something on the table seemed to flash but no one really noticed. Not even Virgil, who was trying really hard to ignore that he had signed his own death certificate by joining them all.

"Of course you would know that. Whatever... Are you all ready?" There was a collective murmur of agreement as Virgil just stayed quiet. He didn't want to really be doing this at all. They were messing with shit they really ought not to be, but that wouldn't stop them. So Virgil just sat there ignoring how the group pushed the planchette around as they asked a bunch of stupid questions... up until Derek smirked and asked his. "So... Demon? Are you really trapped in this... thing?" The pointer shook slightly before slowly moving to 'yes'. Virgil could see on everyone's faces they all thought this was a game. So much so... Derek decided he was going to add to the fun. "What if I wanted to make a deal? Would you still be able to make one?" The point moved away only to go back to the 'yes' and Virgil heart nearly stopped seeing a near red glint in the lense.

"You're seriously fucking stupid, if you think..."

"Oh, great demon... fuck, I don't know your name... whatever." Derek called out with a damn near taunting tone. "What would it take to grant someone's greatest desire?" Derek's eyes narrowed as his smirk turned dark. "How about the soul of say... a loner loser no one would miss?" 

"WHAT?" Virgil wanted to tear his fingers right off of the thing and walk out of there but he couldn't. He remembered one very important rule... Never remove your fingers until you've said goodbye. He was stuck there. He was stuck... He just... Shit. "You asshole?"

"What did you really think we would actually want you here?" Virgil crashed as he looked away and just shook his head. Another flash from the board as everyone just laughed.

"Our greatest desire for Virgil's soul... how about that?" Virgil grumbled as he felt his panic starting to rise. "Or better yet how about his life in general."

"No, guys. stop. This isn't funny."

"Oh it's freaking hysterical."'  Derek just kept laughing as all there other stared at him as if expecting him to cry or something. "Hey, Virgil? Just out of curiosity. If you could make a deal with a demon... what would you ask for... in exchange for your soul of course."

"To be out of here." Virgil growled making Derek clearly pissed. In honesty... He just wanted to be normal... to be accepted... to be cared for. He was tired of feeling so afraid all the time... feeling so alone. He wanted to be safe. The board shook scaring the shit out of everyone and causing everyone but Virgil to let go. Virgil's eyes went wide as the planchette quickly moved away only to go back to yes making him jump up in fear. There was this bright red glow from the lense and in a blind panic, he picked the pointer up and chucked it right at the wall.

"You son of a bitch!" Derek yelled as he snapped making Will and Trent grab Virgil to keep him there. Virgil struggled to free himself against the two jocks as Derek picked up the pointer and flared. "You stupid fucker! Do you even realize how much this thing cost me. You craked the lense."

"You can get it replaced." Virgil choked out as his anxiety burned through him. 

"This lense had a devils trap you moron. You cracked it. Look you fucking ruined it." Derek gripped the planchette tightly in his grasp before smirked psychologically. "You're going to pay for doing that."