31

"IT'S MORE THAN THAT!" Roman yelled his red eyes glowing even brighter. "Not every demon is evil. Not every demon only thinks about torture. Some demons give their preferred partner that mark. Some give it to the person they themselves are bonded to." Roman frowned as he finally glanced over to see Virgil just staring at Roman with this off look the demon could not place, despite the subtle blush to the human's cheeks. "Basically, Virgil... Where you humans have your wedding rings and vows... We have that. The only difference is once a demon's pact is forged to that point... there is no going back. It's forever."

"So it's no different than a contract." Remus frowned as Roman shrugged.

"It's completely different than a..."

"No, it's not." Roman quickly cut in making the hunter frown even more.

"Roman, don't lie. That mark literally binds the demon..."

"It's no different than a contract. I'm not lying." Remus just sat there completely confused as Virgil's gaze darted between the two.

"Roman..." Remus tried again only for the demon to turn away and ignore him completely. "So if I were to give Virgil that as a tattoo right now..." Roman's eyes shot wide as he growled angrily making Remus falter. "See. It's not like a contract."

"It is too. You're just trying to upset me." Virgil sighed as the two started to argue. He just gripped the book tightly in his hands as he shook his head and whistled so loudly it started both boys.

"HEY!" Virgil snapped his fingers drawing in their attention before jumping up and holding out the book. "Here's what I have to say about it. It looks dope. Roman here is literally a demon so I'm going to believe what he says about it and frankly... I kind of want it."

"Wait, what?" The two both yelled out in surprise as Virgil nodded.

"Think about it. If it's no different than a contract... a deal that we've already made then... why not get something to symbolize it. We're literally bound together Roman. Call me sappy but I think it would be cool to have sort of... matching tattoos. Kind of like... those friend groups do in the movies and shows.

"Virgie, you have NO idea what you're saying. How about you..."

"You'd really want to get it?" Roman's voice cut in making Remus clam up in horror as the other two just stared into each other's eyes. "You're serious? You really want to get something to show the deal we made?"

"Why not?" Roman frowned as he shook his head a bit and sighed.

"Virgil, Remus is right. It's not like the deal we made. The one we made is a deal you made with me. The whole sealed with a kiss thing... Despite doing something for you to get something in return... The deal is still about you giving me something. You made that with me."

"Yes... and?" Roman faltered as his eyes dropped to the book a bit, his nerves burning through him.

"That symbol is when a demon contracts itself to another." Virgil's eyes widened as Roman smiled a bit. "It's when WE make the deal."

"It's not a deal." Remus growled only making Roman groan.

"It's the best way I can describe it, Remus." Roman shot back before turning his attention back to Virgil. "Getting that... It wouldn't just mean that we are contracted... It LITERALLY means that we're bonded and that you belong to me." Remus coughed making Roman growl at him before the other just giggled seeing how annoyed Roman was getting. "Are you sure this is something you would want?"

"We are literally bound until one of us dies." Roman deflated as Virgil quirked his brow. "I'm sorry. I don't see a difference."

"There is a major dif..."