70

TW~ Insanity, Romulus, Death, Gore, Abuse, Degotitory terms, Sexism to the highest, Bloodlust, brainwashing

(also this is a long chapter)

"What are we doing?" Roman frowned as he stared out the car window to see all the graves stones surrounding them. "Why are we at a cemetery?"

"Because you need closure." was all Virgil said as he put the car in park. Roman just sat there lost in his confusion as Virgil turned the car off and offered him a small smile. "Trust me, Roman. You need this."

"I don't know what 'this' is." Roman whined softly as the two slowly got out of the car. He didn't use it often but he was glad he was able to drive a bit. He didn't want Roman to have to teleport him everywhere. He also kind of need the time to breathe before the two plunged into this headfirst. 

"Come on, Ro... It's over here." Roman was legitimately confused as Virgil took his hand, making him stumble a bit. His eyes trailed the many gravestones they passed as they went further and further in. Roman was tense. He didn't understand how any of this would bring him closure but Virgil didn't stop. He persisted on, holding Roman's hand in his with a firm yet reassuring grip. It wasn't until Virgil finally halted in his advances did Roman look back at the other, confusion clear in his eyes. 

"Virg-..." Roman stopped short the second his eyes latched on to the old stone before them. Virgil squeezed his hand tightly as Roman's eyes instantly went black. There on that faded stone held the name 'Carter Payne'. Roman's breath left him instantly as he frantically looked around as if expecting to find something that wasn't there. No... It wasn't there. Roman whined as he looked around making Virgil smile sadly at the broken expression Roman had. "Where... Where is she? Where's Mama?"

"It's ok, Roman. She isn't here." Roman jerked back as Virgil pointed to the gravestone. "It's just him."

"But... But Mama..." Roman fell to his knees as he stared at the lonely gravestone. "I don't understand. Mama was here. I know Mama was here. If Papa's here, then where's Mama... Where am I? Where's Ava?"

"Roman, It's just him." Roman stared blankly at the stone as Virgil carefully sat down beside him. The air went cold as tears started to spill from the demon's eyes. 

"Papa." Roman whispered softly as he eyed the date of death. "He... He died 5 years later?"

"Hm?" Roman blinked as he shook his head just trying to wrap his mind over everything.

"Papa. He died 5 years after he killed me." Roman inched his way closer to the stone, leaving Virgil there to watch him with sad eyes. "5 years... Ava would have been 16. Why... How did he-..."

"You insolent girl!" Ava jumped as the glass bottle smashed against the wall beside her. Her eyes bore into the drunkard before her, her rage never-ending. She would never forgive him for taking her brother away. "You will learn respect!"

"And you will drink yourself into an early grave!" She yelled back jumping to the side to avoid getting grabbed. This was how her day had turned to since her brother's death. She could never hold her tongue. This man killed the only person she ever loved and loved her. This man took her only true family away from her and she was not about to stand down and let him hurt her too. She was never going to let ANYONE force their power over her. "Why don't you go waste even MORE of your money on spirits?"

"GET BACK HERE, YOU WENCH!" She took off running out of the house, not carrying for a second how the rain-soaked her to her core, or how the mud she kicked up stained her lace dress. She slid in the mud, caking her flat shoes. She didn't have to worry about this much longer. A few month's time and she'll be married and long gone. Her father will be but a bad memory.