The Best Kind Of Gift~ Pt. 3

"THAT WAS AMAZING!" Roman screeched as he stumbled away from the teacup ride. He had spent the entire ride making the cup spin as fast as he could. He giggled softly as he spun around just melting at how everything blurred together, before stopping and just staring at the two behind him. "I love you." Roman melted, his heart practically burst in his chest, as he rocked on the balls of his feet. 

"I love you too." Virgil whispered as Roman glanced over at Kai before turning back to Virgil and reaching his hand out. "Is there anything else you would like to do?"

"Of course!" Roman lit up as he twirled Virgil around before dipping him slightly and staring into those eyes, a fond look in his own. 

"Honestly you two." Kai lulled with a soft purr making Virgil chuckle as Roman carefully helped him upright again. "Ever the romantic, huh, Angel?"

"I do my best." Roman whispered and smiled softly at the two of them. "We're having dinner out, right?"

"Yep!" Kai beamed as he wrapped his arm around Roman's and Virgil's waists basically holding them both with the brightest shine in his eyes. "And then after Virgil and I both planned on having a sleepover. If you would like one, that is." Roman's eyes lit up as he suddenly shot Virgil a questioning look. Virgil just laughed as he nodded watching as Roman's excitement grew.

"YES!" Roman pulled them both in, practically throwing himself into them, as he giggled. "Yes. Yes. Yes. Sleepover! I love sleepovers!" Kai and Virgil both shared a fond smile before just hugging Roman back who purred into them softly. "I love you... love... y-..." Roman hummed as he gripped both their shirts tightly before leaning more into Virgil who just rolled his eyes softly. "Thank you, Mi Flor."

"It's no problem, Ro. I figured we could make a large pillow fort and binge-watch Good omens since you STILL haven't seen it yet." Roman laughed as he pulled away, blush painting his cheeks. Virgil sighed softly just loving that their angel was enjoying himself. "Come on there's still more we can do before dinner." Roman nodded, just lost in a daze as he let his mates-... MATE pull him on. Mate... Virgil. Roman slipped his hands out of the two's grasp as they continued to walk trying not to let the pain he felt show but he could tell by the shared look that those two were concerned about him.

"So what are we doing next? I know you mentioned dinner was at 6 so..." Roman trailed off as he glanced over at the giant wheel before them. Roman's eyes shined, slowly going white, as he pointed up at it making Virgil falter a bit. "Can... Can we do that? Please?"

"Of course, Angel," Kai whispered as he held his hand out, melting over how Roman took it with the softest look in those glowing white eyes. 

"Why don't we get in line now, and then we can head to dinner after?" Virgil chuckled softly seeing how Roman nodded just overly excited over everything. It took a bit, the line being a tad longer than some of the others they had been on. But soon enough, the trio found themself being situated in a small Ferris cabin. Roman sat on his own on one side while the other two sat together across from him. Roman didn't mind it he was just happy to be on it. 

"It's so beautiful up here." Roman whispered with such a hushed tone as Kai smiled a bit over how awed the angel's expression was.

"I would have thought you were used to this." Kai said as he looked out at the water the surrounded the park, glowing under the light of the falling sun. "You and your wings... Isn't this your view every time you fly?" Roman laughed as he shook his head and just melted into his seat. 

"I spent millennia ignoring the beauty the world had to offer... now that I'm finally able to see it... it just doesn't ever get old." Roman hummed as his white eyes shined even brighter. "I could have seen the same lake a million times over in the same exact way and it would be as if it were the first."

"Ever the romantic." Kai lulled as Roman blushed a bit. "Aren't you, Angel?"

"I try." Roman whispered, slowly looking over only to freeze up, eyes flashing brighter. Kai was sitting there against the wall of the cabin with Virgil against him. Kai had his arm wrapped closely around Virgil's shoulder, whose bangs were resting haphazardly over his closed eyes. Roman felt his heart surge at the sight, his magic fluxing ever so slightly making a gentle breeze rush past them. Virgil smiled softly at the feeling, his eyes slowly peeling open and making Roman completely melt under the soft gaze of his love. Roman was as lost in his emotions as he would probably ever have been.

"Angel?" Roman purred quite loudly over hearing Virgil whisper to him, his eyes slipping shut as he leaned against the wall, just trying to get his heart to calm down. Virgil and Kai both shared a look before Virgil sighed and gestured for Kai to move. As Virgil sat up Kai very carefully moved over to Roman's side, leaning against the angel who latched onto him instantly.

"You ok, Angel Cake?" Roman purred even louder before just nodding as he looked up at nothing, Kai's voice pulling him out of his mind as much as it could be.

"Yeah. Just... feeling a lot." Roman's voice was a growl, that magical lull pulling at it like a song in the wind. "So much... I just... I love-..." Roman whined before shaking his head and forcing himself to relax as he just stared out to the water again. "Isn't it lovely? All the colors reflecting off the water... It's like a painting."

"Yeah." Virgil whispered with a slight frown seeing the concern echoed in Kai's eyes, who was still being held close by Roman. "It's very lovely."

"Thank you for letting me go on this. I know it's not exactly a ride but-..."

"It's ok, Angel." Kai smiled as he gently caressed Roman's cheek earning another purr. "It's your birthday. You call the shots. Besides... It really was a beautiful view." Roman nodded as the three slowly let everything melt into the silence around them. It wasn't exactly quiet as the people below them were all chattering away but none of them minded much. They were more than content just basking in the time they had together. 

The day may have been coming close to an end but Roman had to admit... He didn't mind it much. Today had been amazing and there was still more to come.