90

Warning~ Massive Panic Attack

"In here." Roman raced Virgil back into the restroom of a gas station before crashing into the human with a heaving sob. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Virgil frowned as just held Roman close noticing how the lights were all going wanky. Roman's eyes were a bright white as he clung to Virgil tightly. "V-Virg-..."

"If you try to tell me to go..."

"You have to go." Roman cut in not giving Virgil the chance to continue. Virgil just glared at him as he shook his head. "Virgil-..."

"No, Roman."

"Virgil, I can't protect you!" Roman cried out as the lightly nearly blew. He deflated as he just held Virgil's arms with a broken expression. "I can't access any of my powers. Whatever the spell did to give me my soul back... took them away. I have no powers, Virgil. I can't protect you." Virgil just stood there in silence as Roman squeezed his arm to emphasize the issue. "They won't stop hunting me down."

"I made you a promise..."

"I made you a contract." Roman's white eyes flashed brighter as he tried to stand his ground. "My feeling and fears aside my soul purpose here is to protect you and keep you safe."

"Oh no... We are not doing this again, Roman. We've had this conversation before. I WILL NOT allow you to use the same excuse twice to break my heart!" Roman quickly took Virgil's head in his hands as he shook his head, tears streaming down both their faces. "Please... Please just listen to me, Roman. I can't have you pushing me away again. The last time that happened you were tortured."

"I'm never taking my mark back again, Virgil. I'm never doing that again. I promised you. I just... Virgil our contract stated that for my greatest wish, a wish that I've gotten the closest to then I will EVER get... I will protect you. I will make you happy. I will take care of you and support you."

"Don't sa-..."

"But above all else, your safety must come first." Virgil growled as Roman let out a shaky breath. "I can't protect you, Virgil. I have no powers. I can't teleport or conjure anything. I can't create any fire or even move faster than you can blink. I can't do anything anymore." The lights flickered yet again catching Virgil's eyes as Roman moved to hold his hands. "They won't stop until I am dead. They've already proven that they have no problems with killing you to get to me. I cannot let that happen, Virgil. I love you. Please... please, my flor?"

"Roman... You just said you can't access your powers... at least not consciously. That mean's you are just as vulnerable as I am... Your just as HUMAN, and you telling me to leave?"

"I can't protect you-..."

"YOU CAN'T EVEN PROTECT YOURSELF!" The lights blew around them as Roman's glowing eyes lit up even brighter and all Virgil could see was the subtle glow to roman's skin before the backup lights kicked in. "You can't ask me to run and leave you when you can't protect yourself either, Roman." Roman's expression was neutral and seemingly unaffected despite how you could hear the electrical buzz filling the air around them.

"When compared to yours, My love, my life means nothing."

"That is but a matter of opinion."

"It's fact!"

"YOUR FACT!" Virgil hissed back making Roman's posture straightened. "That's how love works. You wanted to know why all those stories painted it out to be this horrible thing. THIS IS THE REASON. Because life doesn't care about the shit you go through... or the emotions you feel. It throws crap at you and breaks you down until you faced with moments like this. You love me!" Virgil's voice choked as he met with Roman's eyes finally noticing the glow started to dim down. "You love me. And because of that fact, contract aside, you will do ANYTHING to protect me. Roman... This is what love is. The good and the bad. The smiles... the laughter... and the agony you'd choose rather than to see your partner get hurt. You love me... So you see my life as more than your own."

"That's because it is-..."

"I love you, Roman." Roman's face fell as Virgil tried to keep his composure... but anyone could tell it was fading fast. "And to me, my life is the one that means nothing."

"Don't ever say that, Virgil. I love-..."

"I. Love. You." Roman crashed as he fell into Virgil who just held him close. "This is what it is. This is why it hurts so much. You'd rip your own heart out for the one you loved if it made any sort of difference. So don't tell me you mean nothing... because to me you mean everything and I can't turn a blind eye as you die, Love."

"I have to protect you."

"We'll protect each other."

"We can't." Roman choked on his words as everything started to get fuzzy. "I need to protect you. I have to... I can't... You can't... you... I...  He didn't understand what was happening to him. He almost felt lightheaded, the room spinning around him. He tried to force a breath, far too used to having to remind himself since Demon's don't need to breathe, and yet... cotton seemed to fill his lungs. His chest felt heavy, the room too bright. The silence felt like it could swallow him whole and yet it deafened every sound. Another forced breath and he started to choke as if something was caught in his through. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't... He... He felt so weak as if the air itself was a ten-ton weight pressing down on him until his knees buckled making Virgil have to catch him right as he started to hyperventilate pray something would catch and the air would finally fill his lungs. His lungs felt filled with fire yet... completely empty. It burned, causing him to wheeze as everything constricted around him. He was suffocating... For the first time in forever, he felt what it was like to need air...

And he wasn't getting it.

"Roman, hun... It's going to be ok. Can you hear me? Roman?!" Virgil was tense. He knew when Roman was panicking but this... This was a proper attack for worse than any of the ones he's had before and it scared him. "Please? Can you hear me?" Roman eyes were wide open and completely dazed out as his face went red from all the crying and lack of air. It tore Virgil apart. "God damn it..." He didn't know if he could use his commands because he didn't know how it would affect Roman. Worse still, Virgil could hear the screaming sounding from the station outside. The whole place was going haywire. "Roman, please... if you can hear me, answer me." There was a very choked-back whine making Virgil gasp as Roman just stared off into nothing. "Ok... Ok... Love.... I'm so sorry about this but..." Roman whined again knowing exactly what he was going to do. His panic only grew making everything in the building get set out with millions of jolts around them. The door shot open, slamming against the wall as thundering footsteps filled the air. Electricity surrounded everything as Virgil, with tears in his eyes, realized they'd been found... and he didn't have a choice. "Go to sleep."