77

TW~ Romulus

"I'm not going anywhere, Mi Amor. So please... don't leave me like this." Virgil frowned seeing how Roman tugged on the chains. "Please get me out of these chains. I'll be good. I promise."

"We can't trust him." Remus spoke softly as he shook his head. Roman whined badly as Remus tried to get Virgil to listen to him. "And we can't just stay here."

"I'm not leaving him again." Virgil finally called out still just staring into Roman's eyes. "He'll panic again the second I leave the room."

"It's not safe..."

"It's safe for me." Virgil cut back finally turning away to glare at the hunter. "He can't hurt me."

"WON'T!" Roman cried as he fussed in the chains again. "Won't hurt. Can't hurt. Amare... Ignis... Need you. Please. Please?" 

"He's worse than before like this." Remus teased only making Roman growl in response but everyone else chuckled a bit. He wasn't wrong. Roman was clingy but this was obsessive. Virgil assumed it was because of his mind being in such tatters. They didn't really know how Roman's emotions affected Romulus after all. "Virgil, the problem is he won't talk to us."

"Don't have to." Roman growled out as he shook his head. "Not you. Don't need to listen to you. Only him." Roman tried to get Virgil to look at him as he whined and flexed his hand out. "Only Ignis. He's my mate. My master..." Virgil frowned as Roman grunted in pain at the chains again. "Get these off. Get these off. I'm sorry. I'll be good. I will. I..." Roman gulped as his vision started to flash again, hearing those familiar whispers in his mind. "Stop. Stop. Please, stop."

"Ro?" Virgil faltered seeing the panic literally growing in the demon again. Roman cried as he started to hyperventilate, twitching and shaking in the chair. "Roman!"

"It hurts. Please, it hurts." Virgil swallowed his fear as he shook his head and turned to see the worry in the others.

"Take the chains off."

"WHAT? NO!" Remus stood his ground but both Patton and Janus hesitated. "We can't trust him, Virgil. Those chains are what is keeping his powers in as much check as they are, AND HE'S STILL ABLE TO USE THEM."

"So break the chains and keep the cuffs on him." Virgil replied without hesitation.

"Virgil... It's not safe. This is Romulus were talking about-..."

"Does this look like the Romulus you were all expecting, Remus?" Virgil hissed as Roman literally clung to his hand. "I don't think you realize... Roman is STILL very much aware and there. Romulus isn't JUST Romulus. His mind is just as shattered as his soul is."

"All the more reason to keep him like this until we find the correct spell." Virgil stood himself up only to break as Roman literally whimpered thinking he was going to leave him again. "We can't risk it. Romulus is a danger to everyone, not just us. If he gets out, I can't promise I'll be able to twist things our way. Another body and Roman might end up as good as dead.

"He won't get out."

"You don't know that Virgil-..." Virgil held his hand up with narrowed eyes as Remus tensed up at the sight of it. "I'm only trying to help here. You know how much we all care for him."

"All I have to do is tell him to never leave my side and he'll obey." There was a whine before Roman started to repeat Virgil frantically nodding as if to agree only making it all the more harder for the three at the door to ignore it all. "He HAS to listen to me. Which means he won't run or hurt anyone. Let. Him. Go."

"No-..." Remus groaned in annoyance as Patton took his arm and shook his head. Janus didn't look as convinced in either option but didn't try to side with Remus.