67

TW~ Panic attack, Nightmare, Dissociation, sight torture and gore described

"no. no. no. No. No. No. NO!" Magic exploded everywhere as Roman screamed out in pain. His mind flashing with every hit he remembered. His father's face... the fear in his sister's eyes. The pain... Fuck the pain was overcoming. It drowned his mind completely. He could hear laughter as he fussed and kicked... WRITHED in bed. He felt suffocated. He felt broken. His skin was burning. He felt trapped and scared. It was dark. Why was it dark? "Someone... Help. Help..."

"Shit, Roman!" Virgil bounded to the bed the second he opened the door to see the pure mess the Roman had become from the constant panic-induced flares of magic. "Roman, Hun... you need to..."

"Ayúdame!" Roman choked as his back arched from the pain. He felt as if his skin was being seared off of him inch by inch. "Ayú... A... Ayúdame. Por favor." Roman sobbed as he choked, his body forcing him to stop breathing. "H-Help, please!" 

"Roman!" Virgil tried to shake him awake, not knowing what else to do, but it wasn't working. Roman whimpered as even his voice cut out on him, his mind falling into that dark pit from before. He could see himself strapped to this thing, chains attached to his arms and legs, as he just dangled there unable to move an inch. He could feel the talons digging into his burning flesh tearing it to bits as he silently screamed out in agony, bile rising in his throat. Why wouldn't the pain stop? Why wouldn't they let him go? He didn't know where he was? He just... He needed help. Someone... please... anyone... "ROMAN, WAKE UP!" Roman's eyes shot wide the second the command hit him. He laid there stiff as a board as his mind struggled to pull itself out of the complete terror it had been in. "Roman?" Virgil's voice was shaking horribly as he brushed his hand through the demon's hair. It was obvious the older wasn't really there. "Roman... it's ok. It's Virgil. I'm here. I've got you."

"Papa?" Roman whispered softly as his eyes narrowed in confusion. Yep, he definitely wasn't there. Virgil crashed as he tried to wipe his tears away seeing out lost his love was. "Dónde está papá? Dónde está mi hermana? Ava?" *Where is Dad? Where is my sister?*

"Ro-..." Roman slowly sat himself up, this dull look in his eyes, as he cut Virgil off. The demon swallowed his pain as he squeezed his eyes shut, pressing the heel of his palm into them. "Roman, don't hurt yourself."

"V-Virgil?" Virgil's eyes softened as Roman finally looked at him with this concern and deep-rooted confusion. "Is that... is that you?"

"Yeah, it's me, Roman. I'm sorry. I didn't want to use the bond but you needed to wake up." Virgil gently took the other's hand as Roman just blinked, glancing around in a daze. "I'm sorry if you're out of it because of that..."

"Because of what?" Virgil frowned as Roman just shook his head. "I'm sorry, Hun. I just... I don't feel... all to here right now."

"That's ok, Roman. Take your time." Roman smiled softly as he squeezed Virgil's hand. "Do you feel up to trying something with me?"

"What?"

"You've stopped breathing." Roman's eyes narrowed as he tilted his head a bit making Virgil chuckle quietly. "I want to try breathing if you think you can do it. Just in and out slowly." Roman took a deep breath as Virgil squeezed his hand again softly. "That's it, Roman. Now breathe out." Roman did as he was told repeating the steps as Virgil carefully got up and started for his closet. He hadn't needed it for so long it had been tucked away, he didn't even know if it had the scent anymore. Virgil beamed as he spotted the soft little blanket he tugged out from its hidey-hole and melted into the scent of wildflowers. He wasted no time in bringing it over to Roman who was still just sitting there breathing as he pressed it into the demon's hands. "Here, hold this. It even has a scent too so it might help."

"Help?" Virgil nodded as Roman brushed his fingers through the soft plushy fabric. He couldn't help but smile at the feeling. It felt so nice. He pulled it in and took the deepest breath he could smelling nothing but flowers. He didn't know what wrong with him but Virgil was right it was helping a bit.

"Hey Roman? Can you tell me 5 things you can see?" Roman frowned in confusion as Virgil just smiled at him encouragingly. "I know you can do it. Can you tell me 5 things you can see please?"

"You." Roman whispered softly as his eyes started to dart around. "The light... the blankets. The door... The mess on the floor."

"Good job, Roman. Ok now, can you tell me 4 things you can touch?" Roman confusion only grew as he blinked but nodded and tried to focus in on the question as best as he could with that haze on his mind. "It's ok. Take your time."

"The blanket in my hand." Roman started as he rubbed the little blanket against his hands before letting it go to try and touch other stuff. "The bed and... my clothes." Roman's hand went to his head as his eyes started to glimmer a bit with this light. "My hair."

"How about 3 things how can hear?"

"Your voice." Roman answered right off the bat before glancing around again with a slight frown. "The buzz from the light that fell over. My voice?"

"Good. Good. You're doing such a good job, Roman. Now... What about 2 things you can smell? Can you do that now?" Roman took a deep breath before chucking softly as he nodded.

"I smell flowers." He whispered quietly as he picked the blanket back up and pressed it into his nose. "It smells like flowers."

"Anything else?" Roman's eyes shined as he moved the blanket away to see before just shrugging a bit. "I smell... I smell..." Roman tensed as his expression filled with pain. "I smell something rancid... something broken."

"Last thing ok? Can you name something you can taste?" Roman smiled sadly as Virgil took squeezed his hand one last time not liking how sad the other had gotten all of a sudden.

"I taste bile on my tongue. Virgil... The rancid scent... that's coming from me isn't it?" Virgil frowned as Roman just stared down at himself lost in thought. "I mean... it's not you. Not... Not that bad anyway. You used to smell light this before I started to work on helping you to be happy. The only thing I can think of is that the scent is coming from me. That I'm the broken one."

"Roman-..." Roman shook his head as he cut Virgil off, carefully crawling himself into Virgil's arms, desperate for the contact. Virgil sighed as he gently trailed his fingers through Roman's hair, holding him tight against his chest. "It's going to be ok."

"Just please don't let go." Roman whispered brokenly as he practically buried himself into Virgil's chest. "I just need to be held."