91

Trigger Warning~ Main Character Death, Kidnaping (Basically they were taken against their will so...)

"Roman, sweety, don't move." That was the first thing he heard the second his mind started to boot up. His chest tightened at the fearful tone Virgil spoke with, as his body tensed under the command. He could hear them... the hunters walking about the room as the one named Patty hummed, sharpening her blade. Roman couldn't help but gag at the taste of bile rising in his throat. 

Roman's eyes slowly peeked open only for his heart to completely drop seeing he was laying in a devil's trap... not that it mattered, he had no powers to teleport away. Virgil knelt there beside him, out of the trap, chained up with tears in his eyes, only making Roman's heart drop all the more. Roman couldn't stop the whimper he made as Virgil looked over at him with a small smile.

"Oh?" Roman flinched hearing the metal chair scrape against the concrete. "Is the beast awake?" Roman squeezed his eyes shut as Virgil yanked on his chains in anger over the sick look the woman had. "Honestly, it's such a pain dealing with mates. The fact that you put him to sleep before we could even grab him."

"I wasn't about to give you the satisfaction." Virgil hissed as Patty slowly made her way over to him with a smile. Patty's eyes narrowed in contempt as she pointed her gun at Virgil.

"Tell him to stand up." Virgil pierced his lips in a thin straight line as he glared the bitch down, unmovingly. "TELL HIM TO-..." Roman stood himself up, fear in his eyes, as she smiled vilely over at him. "At least the beast knows how to obey." Roman flinched yet again as Virgil growled over what she said. "Now... Where is his mark?" Roman couldn't stop how the tears well up in his eyes as Virgil stood his ground. Virgil was being brave and not letting her get to him but... Roman... Roman was already broken and willing to do anything to make sure that Virgil didn't die. He already knew there was no getting out of this for him. "Well?" Patty smirked as she pulled the hammer back on her gun only making Roman grimace over the sound.

"His shoulder." Virgil's face fell as he turned to see Roman just completely gone.

"Good, boy." Patty teased as she holstered her gun. She yanked Virgil to his feet making Roman whine, as she unlatched the human's chains from his cuffs. She just smiled as she tore Virgil's sleeves off revealing the white mark against his pale skin over his right shoulder. Roman couldn't even react to the change in color, he was just standing there numb over it all. Patty pulled her knife out trailing the large mark with the tip of the blade as her eyes glimmered with malice. "No wonder you hold so much control over him. The larger the mark... the more obvious the placement... the more they submit to you. Given how your mark is, I'd say... You could tell your demon to die and he would drop right then and there."

"I'd do anything for my love." Roman whispered catching Patty's attention who just rolled her eyes in annoyance. "He wouldn't even need to command it."

"Cut your shit, Romulus. No one's buying this 'soft' crap your pulling." Patty giggled as she snapped making one of the other hunters grab Virgil, while she walked back over to the sharpener. Roman's eyes danced about the room only to freeze up at Remus who laid there chained to a wall, unconscious and bleeding. "Not that it will matter much now." Roman tensed seeing the long dark blade she slowly started to lift off the table with a smile. "Not with this anyway."

"A demon blade..." Roman whispered making Virgil frown in confusion over it all. "Wait... No... You kill someone with that and you BOTH go to hell. There is no comprise." Roman tried to get through to her as he walked to the edge of the trap not bothering to try to escape. He already knew he couldn't. "It's a cursed blade. You'll be damning yourself to hell and the soul you used it on. Please..."

"Maybe... But it's also one of the few blades that can kill a demon." That of course made Virgil start to panic. Patty just grinned, loving the panic she was seeing in them both, as she slowly made her way over. "It won't 'send you to hell'..." Roman tensed as Patty pointed the blade at him. "It'll destroy you completely... After all, those with no soul can't be forced to hell, now can they?"

"How... How many demons have you killed with that thing?" Roman choked seeing that joyfully sick look in her eyes.

"Every single one I've found." There was a groan making everyone pause only to turn and see Remus starting to get up. Patty just giggled as she walked over to Virgil completely ignoring how the younger hunter was fussing in his chains.

"AUNT PATTY!" Remus screamed out the second he saw the blade. He shared a look with Roman, seeing the pain, before just freaking out more. "Let them go! They aren't what you think!"

"Remus, hush now. You know not what you speak." Patty gently held the blade to Virgil's chin lifting it up to look into those stubborn eyes. "Such anger... I love it."

"NO!" Roman cried out as Virgil whimpered over the cut Patty made on his neck. It wasn't deep at all but that wasn't what mattered to them. "No, don't hurt him! He's only human. He isn't a part of this!"

"He's your mate, Romulus. He's every part of this." Roman's heart hammered in his chest as Patty pressed the demon blade to Virgil's chest. Her wicked smile barely even registered in Roman's mind as he spotted the tears falling from Virgil's eyes. Remus screamed out from where he was chained up unable to help as Patty just smiled. "And if he was so willing to taint himself by becoming your mate... then his soul is already bound for hell." Patty pulled the blade back, poised to strike as her eyes literally shined. "Let's send him there early!"

"NO!" Time froze like ice as Roman's eyes went white. He ran, not even thinking about anything but protecting his love, as he pulled Virgil back and into the devil's trap he had run right out of. Roman's eyes shot wide the second he felt the blade press into him making him gasp out at the sudden pain sparking through him. 

Light exploded around him blinding everyone. Dark shadowy wings burned into the wall, as his body began to spark with light and electricity, making his skeleton literally shine through his skin with every flash. There was this build-up of pressure as the blade impaled his heart until... the whole room exploded, destroying the blade with the force alone.

"ROMAN!" Virgil screamed out as Roman's body dropped to the floor cold and lifeless, not a single breath being made. "R-Ro... Roman, get up. ROMAN GET UP!" Virgil crashed at the lack of response. He broke down into sobs as he crawled his way over, pulling his love's body into his arms as he rocked, drowning in the pain. "R-Roman... Ro... Don't leave me. You promised you wouldn't leave me."

"Roman..." Remus sat there frozen, tears streaming down his face, as he lost himself in the grief. His friend... HIS BROTHER...

Roman was dead.