85

Roman groaned as he grimaced in his sleep. His mind kept giving him flashes of this place. He whined as his hand went to his hair, sweat slicking to his brow, as the images just drowned everything out. He'd been in and out of sleep for a week now. 

After everything that happened at the library, they all figured it was best to take Roman back to the Sanders home, and not Virgil despite how he's been living there instead. Since the hunter was far more equipped to handle it if anything happened, or even just to care for the demon then Virgil was on his own. Virgil didn't care other than where ever Roman was, he was too.

Remus and the twins spent the next two days after that taking down every single charm they had put up before rewriting only protective and blessings to take their place. Thomas had freaked out the second they walked in the door. Remus had at some point taken over caring Roman as he was the strongest besides Logan, with Virgil hovering as close as he could to the demon. Logan stayed back to explain everything to the worried father as Remus and Virgil took Roman straight to Virgil's room, where he stayed for the entire week... even when he did wake up, he wasn't up for long.

Roman panted as the flashes only got more and more intense. His body started to hover off the bed as this glow showed through whenever Roman's eyes twitched and fluttered. He whined as he fussed about, his magic surging in him until...

"Roman, wake up." He dropped back onto the bed the second Virgil's voice him. His eyes fluttered open, revealing those lovely green iris that hadn't changed one no matter how many times he's opened them. They hadn't even turned red. Then again, as stated before, he was never awake for that long. "You were hovering again."

"I... I was?" Roman's voice was hoarse and shakey, his mind still not completely awake. Virgil just nodded as he moved onto the bed letting Roman push himself into his lap with a smile. "I don't understand why..." Roman yawned, his eyes already trying to close again on him. "Why am I so tired?"

"Alda did say it would take a while for you to 'wake up'." Virgil lulled, trailing his fingers through Roman's hair softly.

"Flor... this feel's more like... I can't wake up. Like I'm just not here." Roman yawned yet against before whining and pressing himself more into Virgil. "I don't want to fall back to sleep. Please don't let me."

"Roman, if you need rest then you need rest. I only woke you up because I was concerned about the hovering thing. You look completely and totally drained." Roman huffed as he nuzzled into Virgil's chest.

"I don't need more sleep, Flor. It has to be something else." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Roman's breathing started to slow. "I can't wake up. There has to be... has to... V-Vir-..."

"Roman, don't go to sleep yet." Roman blinked, his eyes starting to open again and he smiled.

"Thank you." Virgil was clearly tense as Roman let out a soft breath. "I... I was saying that... I can't wake up on my own, Mi Amor. There has to be a reason. I'm not getting any... a-any better."

"I don't know how to help, Ro. I don't know what your feeling."

"Tired... drained... hungry." Virgil faltered at that. Roman whined against as he curled up into himself, his green eyes actually flashing white ever so subtlely. "I'm hungry, Mi Flor."

"But demons don't get hungry." Roman's eyes narrowed slightly only to start fluttering again, as his head rolled back.

"L-Lo... Love. Can't..." Roman was out once again, completely fast asleep, making Virgil crash. He gently laid Roman back onto the bed only to notice how once again that glow from his eyes started to peek out from whenever they seemed to move and flutter. Virgil was worried. He was. He knew Roman was right and with everything else that's been happening it wasn't that far off to think that something was wrong... or at least that something else was going on. 

The hovering...
The white glow from his closed eyes...
The flashes that Roman would mention whenever up...
The fact that the mate mark Virgil had was now a pure and snowy white.

Virgil gently pushed his sleeve up on his arm to reveal the white marking on his skin and he frowned. He didn't understand why it had changed color and in his panic resulted to hiding it so no one else panicked. He should have brought it up with Remus but he was far too scared. He didn't want to find out that something was terribly wrong. 

Virgil froze up hearing how Roman groaned in his sleep, already he could see the demon fussing from whatever he was seeing. It broke his heart to see his love so out of it. He knew Roman was right. Roman NEEDED to wake up. The only way that was going to happen was if Virgil commanded him to and told him to stay up. Virgil's anxiety just wouldn't relent. What would happen if their worries were wrong and Roman really did just need to sleep more? He would have kept him away for no reason, hurting his love because of his worries.  Even still...

Roman gulped down the heat in his sleep, sweat sticking to his skin as he panted. His back arched a bit before once again his body started to hover. Virgil could see the discomfort in Roman's sleeping expression and he just couldn't take it anymore. They needed Remus's help but the only one who could accurately tell Remus what was going on was Roman himself. That meant regardless of any anxieties he had... Virgil had no choice but to make sure Roman stayed awake long enough to explain it.

"Roman, wake up." He called again making the demon fall back to the bed with a slight lapse in breath. Roman's eyes fluttered endlessly not wanting to open at all as Virgil brushed his thumb over his cheek. "Wake up, Ro. Come on... It's ok. Open those eyes for me." Roman whimpered sadly as he opened his eyes as slowly as he could, those green iris's filled with such exhaustion.

"V-Virg-..." Virgil could see Roman literally couldn't stay awake, making his chest tighten at this sight.

"It's ok, Love. I've got you. Just open your eyes a little more." Roman choked as he started to daze out, eyes open, as if his body was forcing him to sleep regardless. "No. No... Do not go back to sleep, Roman. Wake up. All the way love. Wake up for me." Roman groaned as he finally truly focused in on Virgil, seeing the worry in his eyes. "Wake up, Love..."

"Virgil..." Roman smiled as took a deep breath making Virgil sigh in relief. 

"You almost didn't get up that time." Virgil smiled sadly as he played with the other's hair.

"Was I hovering again?" Virgil simply nodded as Roman laughed with a shake of his head. 

"But also... You're right, Love. Something else has to be going on so... Don't go back to sleep." Roman frowned as Virgil took his hand in his. "You are to remain awake for as long as I tell you to be... no matter what." Roman's eyes widened as he melted, understanding that Virgil was finally listening to him. "That's an order." Roman purred as he leaned into Virgil's touch. "I love you, Roman."

"Yo también te amo, mi flor oscura."

"Ro... Before we talk with Remus, because we HAVE to bring this up with Remus... What can I do to help you just a little bit?" Roman smiled sadly seeing just how badly Virgil was truly stressing about him.

"Honestly, Virgil. I don't know... I'm just tired... and hungry." Virgil frowned as he tried to think of what he could do only for Roman to falter as he took Virgil's hand. "Hun... when I say I'm hungry... I mean, I'm REALLY hungry." 

"Why don't we get you something to eat then..."