32

"Are you ok, Ro?" Virgil asked softly seeing how the demon dazed out beside him. Roman smiled brightly the second the human started to talk but Virgil understood that didn't mean he actually heard. They had been walking to school to let Ro have some fresh air before everything but the demon hadn't been very reactive since the whole tattoo thing. He's been dazing out a lot or unresponsive. It was actually fairly worrying but Remus did say it would be a while until Roman was 'back to normal'. "Roman."

"Yes." Roman instantly stopped short making Virgil frown at the sudden response. "Do you need something?"

"I need to know if you're ok." Roman frowned in confusion as he blinked a bit in thought only making Virgil worry more. "Roman, I need you to answer me."

"Of course... I'm fine, Virgil." Virgil just sighed as he shook his head making Roman falter. "Are you not happy with my answer?"

"Roman, what's going on with you?" Roman smiled softly as he gently took Virgil's hand making the human tense a bit not expecting it. "Ro?"

"I'm ok, Virgil." That... That sounded more like Roman. Virgil relaxed, if only a bit, and Roman's smile deepened. "It's just... It's hard to... think through the fog right now. Just be patient with me. Please?" Roman's hand subconsciously moved up to hold Virgil's wrist. The second his fingers brushed the mark his entire body shuttered with a very quiet growl. 

"Do you think you can make it through school?" 

"Anything for you." Roman hummed with a very dazed smile making Virgil sigh again as he just nodded. 

"Let's hurry up then. I don't want to be lat-..." Roman's eyes flashed as he squeezed Virgil's hand instantly teleporting them to the school, thankfully in a room with no people. "ROMAN!"

"What?" Virgil stood there completely frozen as looked around in total shock. "You said to hurry up. Was this not what you wanted?" Virgil groaned as he turned back to the demon, who had a very worried look in his eyes. "I'm sorry. I was only trying to help. I just..."

"It's ok, Ro. I just wasn't expecting it." Roman frowned as he hugged himself a bit, a clear grimace on his face as he tried to pull himself out of the haze again. "Just... warn me next time. Plus... The last thing I want is for you to get caught. Ro, what if there were people around they would have seen us and..."

"You..." Roman tensed visibly making Virgil pause in concern. "You have to... have to be careful with what you say. Especially if you're telling me to do something because I will do it to a 't'. In this state, I can't tell what's an order and what isn't."

"I wasn't telling you to do anything." Roman whined as he shot Virgil a pained look. "Ro? You're worrying me. Just breathe ok?" Roman gasped as he took a breath and closed his eyes making Virgil frown at the realization. He had just done the very thing Roman said he had to be careful about. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"Thanks." Roman smiled as he just continued to breathe. "Order or not... I needed the reminder." Roman took one last deep breath before finally looking back up to Virgil and nodding. "It did help."

"Can you please explain to me what exactly is going on, if you want to... please?" Roman laughed at Virgil's obvious attempt not to confuse the demon but it was just as obvious that the human was getting far too anxious. "Neither of you told me anything."

"There really isn't anything more to tell, Virge." Virgil frowned at the nickname as Roman stuffed his hands into his pockets desperately ignoring the urge to hold Virgil in someway. "I guess I should have explained the symptoms more. I just... Since they only affected me I didn't see a point. As long as I accepted them, which I did, then I didn't think I really HAD to tell you what they were. It made no difference in the end." Roman noticed how Virgil's eyes darkened and he felt his chest tighten, this bubble in his throat he didn't like. "I... I bound myself to you, Virgil. Do... Do you know what that means?" 

"You said it was no different than a contract... just one you make with me." Roman groaned in annoyance to himself as he shook his head. 

"Remus was right. I should have explained it differently. It doesn't matter now just..." Roman found himself once again taking Virgil's hand despite not even realizing he had moved and that haze slowly started to build in him again. "Just for now... until I'm used to things... be careful what you say around me. I can't help myself right now. I... I will do as you ask whatever it is as that is what my 'contract' entails."

"ROMAN!" Roman chuckled as he brushed Virgil's hair back.

"It's not forever, Virgil. It's just until I get used to the bond. It just a tad overpowered at the start. Things will get back to normal in time. Just be patient with me until then." Virgil nodded as he pulled Roman into a hug, pulling him under the haze fast. He blinked in surprise at the feeling, slowly bringing his hands up to hold Virgil just as close. He liked hugs. They felt nice but... Virgil's hugs were the best. "Thank you."

"It's no problem, Roman. I just wish I knew what exactly would happen to you BEFORE I got the damn thing. I wouldn't have gotten it..."

"No." Roman tensed as he hugged Virgil tighter making the human frown a bit over the response. "I wanted this. I wanted you to. It's ok. I'm ok. I... I promise." Virgil pulled them apart and nodded as Roman clutched his arms subconsciously. 

"If you say so. I'm going to trust you on this, Ro. But... No more secrets ok?" Roman went to say something only for Virgil to stop him before he could. "Not about things like this. I know there are things you haven't told me yet and that's fine. You don't have to say them." The relief that filled Roman's eyes was so clear Virgil could only sigh as he stepped away finally making Roman have to let go. "I just meant about things like this sigil. You should have told me right then what would happen to you, not after teleporting us to school because I accidentally made you think you had to. Ok?"

"Of course." Virgil glanced at the clock up on the wall before pailing and quickly running to the door. "Where are you going?"

"Where do you think silly?" Virgil laughed as he gestured for the demon to follow. "I need to get to class."