The Best Kind Of Gift~ Pt. 5

"Sleepover!" Roman raced into the house, his magic coming out in waves making all the tech go a bit wanky. His eyes were a bright white as his wings fluttered making him hover in the air a bit with this gloriously happy smile on his flushed face. "We're gonna have a sleepover! Wait!" Roman dropped back to the ground before racing off into the kitchen, yelling as he went. "I should get some snacks!"

"We just ate dinner-... and he's gone." Virgil chuckled softly as he gently led Kai in who was just hugging himself with this sad look. "Hey now, Dove, what's wrong?"

"Virgil, are you sure we should be doing this?" Virgil's eyes darkened as Kai just stared off where Roman had run. "I know we talked this all out ourselves but... you were under the impression that this is what he wants. What if it isn't?" 

"Kai-..."

"What if this isn't what he wants?" Virgil sighed as he pulled Kai in gently rubbing his back the other nuzzled his nose into his shoulder. "What if he's perfectly happy with how things are and he doesn't want things to change? You're his mate, Virgil. There is no reason that Roman would be ok for anything to happen."

"It's going to be ok, Dove, no matter how this night ends." There was a sudden crash making the two jump, finding Roman standing there with a bowl of popcorn on the floor.

"Mi Paloma, what's wrong?" Roman rushed over pulling Kai into a hug as Virgil took a step back with a small smile. "Whatever it is it's ok. Ok? So please don't cry. It's going to be ok."

"Y-You don't even know what's wrong." Kai laughed through his tears, which only started to fall seeing how worried Roman was about him.

"I don't have to know that you're going to be ok, because I'll make sure that you are. You're my best friend, Kai. I won't let anything hurt you." Kai's eyes shined happily as he hugged Roman tighter listening to how the angel let off a calming purr.

"You made a mess with the popcorn."

"It's nothing a little magic can't fix. I was more worried about why you were so upset." Roman whispered as he let his magic swirl around him. The popcorn and bowl all disappeared before repeating clean and good again on the coffee table. Roman squeezed him close as if not wanting to let go. "I needed to make sure you were ok."

"I'm ok, Angel." Roman was hesitant. He really didn't want to let go. However, with a sad sigh, he finally pulled away and gave Kai a small smile. 

"As long as your sure... You can pick out the first movie if you want?" Virgil and Kai both burst out laughing seeing how the excitement all filled Roman's face again the second his mind tuned back into the sleepover. "Virgil can grab the blankets, and we can all snuggle on the couch."

"Oh? All three of us... on our small little couch?" Virgil teased making Roman give him this silly look.

"Our couch is far from small. Dad went out and bought the two of us so much expensive furniture... we literally have a California king bed, Hun." Roman laughed before reaching out to caress Virgil's cheek still holding on to Kai with his other hand. "That being said... We can pretend it's tiny and cuddle into each other as if we're about to fall off. Snuggle for warm as if the three of us are out camping in the cold with only one blanket to share."

"Ever the romantic, huh, Angel?" Kai lulled making Roman eyes burn with this emotion that sent magic through his voice with that familiar lull.

"I try my best." Virgil stared at the two for a while, seeing how Roman was just smiling down at Kai getting lost in the moment. His eyes darkened as he pulled away drawing Roman's attention right to his. "Virgil?"

"Why don't you pick the first movie hun? Kai and I will go check on Lady and take her out one last time before we settle in ok?" Roman gave a hesitant nod but stayed where he was even as the other two left. He could hear the excited barking of his dog which helped to calm his nerves but Roman could still feel that something was going to happen. There was just this... look in Virgil's eyes that he didn't like.

Roman put a movie in quickly moving to sit on the couch as he waited for the others. It didn't take that much longer than Kai was bouncing down the stairs with a happy look in his eyes, just plopping next to Roman. Roman leaned against him with a small smile as Virgil finally joined the group laughing about something that had apparently happened between Lady and Kai. 

They all cuddled close watching the movie a time moved on. Roman started to forget about that look Virgil had. Maybe it was nothing anyway... after all Virgil hadn't said anything yet. Virgil was about to put in a third movie before pausing and shaking his head. Roman tensed up instantly seeing Virgil turn everything off before shifting so he could look at Roman with a small smile.

"Virgil, are you sure?" Kai whispered seeing the look Virgil had, who simply nodded in response. "He had just started to relax-..."

"We shouldn't wait to have this conversation. Not when we've already spoken about it without it." Roman's face visibly paled as he whimpered making Virgil's eyes dart to his. "It's ok, Hun. It's nothing bad at all. Remember? I told you before going into the park that we had to talk about something."

"No." Roman shook his head as he started to shake, his mind sending him reeling from all the thoughts he had when Virgil first brought it up. "No. I..."

"Kai, can you hold him, please? He's going to spiral and cuddles help him the most." Roman melted feeling the arms wrap around him, but it didn't stop his tears from falling.

"Did I do something wrong?" 

"No, Roman. No... I told you. You haven't done anything wrong."

"Then why do we need to talk? If I haven't done anything bad then there's nothing to talk about!" Roman cringed at how his voice suddenly got so loud, pushing back against Kai as if the human could shield him from the pain he was scared he'd end up in. "Please? Let's just ignore it. Whatever it is... Let's just go back to watching movies and having our sleepover?"

"Roman, we have to talk."