23

(Another flashback TW~Self-harm, internalized homophobia???)

Roman didn't know why he had gone to be honest. He didn't really see a point in trying to mess with someone at that moment. He just didn't see what he had before in torture. Especially when the victim was already do broken as it was. it use to be of his favorite things to do. Now... just looking at the boy in front of him... something felt... off with it all. Roman found himself kneeling over the broken and bleeding boy, a curious look on his face, as sighed.

"What's your name?" The boy jumped not having noticed Roman at all only to whimper at the pain in his arm. "I asked you a question, kid. You'd do best to answer."

"A-Ash." Roman quirked a brow before holding his hand out and making the boy tense up. "What?"

"Give me your arm before I change my mind." Ash frowned but did was he was told, giving Roman his arm, who rolled up his sleeves to see the marks that ran down it. "You stink, kid. Like... Bad."

"Thanks." Ash growled out only making Roman chuckle as he stared the kid right in his eyes.

"No. I meant your soul." Ash's eyes shot wide as Roman smirked revealing his fangs and making his eyes go red. "Your soul smells like rot." Roman turned back to the kids arm before sighing. He placed his hand over the cuts making Ash whince. He ran his hand down until he pulled away and scowled at the blood that covered his fingers. Ash was frozen in shock staring at his arm, that was now healed to reveal a multitude of scars but not a single open cut. "Damn..." Roman growled as he shook his hand making the blood splater onto the dirt. 

"You... How?" Roman glanced over to see Ash in tears making him groan in annoyance. "How did you..."

"I told you. You stink. You smell like a corspes that's just waiting for compost." Roman rolled his eyes as he summoned a cloth and wiped the blood off his fingers. He hasn't been one to like getting it on him for a very long while. He could hardly remember when he ever actually did... even if it wasn't that long ago... at least not in regards to a demons lifetime. "I don't particuluarly enjoy that scent... not anymore."

"That doesn't anwser my question. How did you heal me? What... What are you?"

"I'm a demon, Kid. And if you'd let me finish, I was going to say your scent was what drew me to you. Now... If you're done nearly dying, I'd rather not get anymore dirt on my clothes." Roman  started to walk off making Ash snap out of his thoughts for a second.

"HEY, WAIT!" Roman withheld the growl as he stopped and turned to see the kid racing after him. "You're... You're a demon? Like... Like evil spirits that make deals?"

"Depends on the demon." Roman frowned seeing the way Ash was staring at him. "What exactly did you ask for?"

"Uh, What?" Roman laughed as he pointed at the younger. "What makes you think..."

"I'm a demon. I can see it in your eyes. What do you want?" Ash faltered as he hugged himself and frowned. Roman's eyes narrowed slightly feeling a slight bit of... he didn't know. All he knew was something very small in him wanted to know just why he looked so... sad? "What's wrong?"

"Do those who like the same sex... really go to hell?" Roman's face fell instantly as Ash avoided his gaze completely. "I mean... Say a boy liked other boys... would he go to hell just for that?"

"Gender shouldn't matter." Ash frowned more as Roman gave him a confused look. "Why should the biological sex matter over a persons destination when they pass. Besides it's not really like it matters much in the end anyway. You're dead so fat lot of good kissing a boy is going to do over the grand scheme of things."

"I just... Does god really hate those who like the same sex." Roman tensed up slightly feeling this prick to his spine he didn't like.

"God doesn't exist kid." Ash's eyes shot wide as Roman frowned seeing the tears welling up in the boys eyes. "God's just a story a Demon made so that he felt more impowered. There are angels. Up there in heaven or whatever you lot call it but... there's no god. And they all sure is shit don't care about your prefrense of human to... 'love'? Is that what were talking about? Love? I really don't understand what everyone sees in that nonesence. None of us demons... or angel's I'd suppose care at all about who you'd want to be with. It's you human's that find falt in it."

"Wait... I don't understand."

"Gender doesn't matter." Roman repeated as his hands clenched in his pockets. "From personal experiance I have been with both Men and Woman, not that I've cared about any of them before... besides one. It shouldn't matter who you deside to be with, kid. I know a demon who loved a man since the guarden of Eden and he's still pinning for the winged bastard. Or at least... I think anyway. I'm not good with emotions any. Its pointless for me to even try to guess."

"I... I just... I..."

"Look, kid, you're stinking up the senses and I really don't understand the point of your question. Noone is ever going to give two shits about who it is you want to spend your life with except you humans so... Are you going to tell me what you want or can I go now?" Ash smiled slightly as Roman crossed his arms in annoyance.

"I just... Can I ask for a friend?" Roman entire body just... crashed with this confusion as Ash shrugged in thought. "I really don't have much to ask for. Just as I don't have much to give. I just... If It's possible, I want a friend. Just for one day. A friend who won't judge me or think me weird or sick. Someone who will actually care for me. Just... Some one I can feel safe with."

"A friend?" Ash nodded as Roman once again felt that prick to his spine, that bubble of need in his throat over the sorry sight before him. "Don't you have friends?"

"No one wants to be friends with someone like me. And come tomorrow when... when my parent's find out... I just want one night where I feel... normal." Roman's eyes narrowed in thought as he tried to work it all out in his head. "One night with one good friend. Is that even possible?"

"I can work something out." Roman barely whispered as he felt his chest tightening in him. Something just... didn't feel right about any of this. "I can give you that day... Give you a day to be happy and look back on with a smile. But everything comes at a price... What exactly would you be willing to give up?"

"Well I don't really see how my wish would be any worth to you... what do you think would be worth it?" Roman could only shake his head, as he really didn't know. To him something like a friend... it wasn't anything he cared about in the slightest. He didn't see the importance or understood the desire in wanting a friend. He had no clue what it would even equate to. 

"It's not consiquetial for me. I'd be will to take anything really. I don't see the trouble in caring." Roman frowned slightly as Ash nodded with a solem look. He stared at his wrist for a few seconds before shaking his head. 

"Would my body be any good?" 

"What?" Roman for the first time actually felt... discontent at the question.

"Would my body be any good? If I were to die... would you find any use for it?" Roman's eyes darkened as he forced himself to nod. "Would that be a good enough trade? One day of happy with a friend for my body when I die?"

"Alright." Roman didn't know why he had gone to be honest. He didn't really see a point in trying to mess with someone at that moment. He just didn't see what he had before in torture. Especially when the victim was already do broken as it was. He didn't know why he decided to accept but here he was with a 17 year old boy who's only wish was to just have a friend for one day. "I accept the terms." Ash smiled as Roman nodded softly. "I'll be your friend for the day and upon your death... I get your body."