82

"Welcome to my family's library!" Everyone seemed to file in after Logan not even bothered by the huge intimidating structure but Roman felt his feet glued to the floor. His eyes were a bright painful red as he just stared up at all the runes. He knew exactly what they were saying, and none of them said he wasn't allowed, but even still he felt himself stuck in place. "Prince?" Logan shared a look with Virgil, who sighed sadly as he walked back over to his love seeing the anxiety in Roman's eyes.

"Love?"

"It's suffocating." Roman whispered quietly as he turned to meet Virgil's eyes. "The energy of this place. I don't think Logan would NEED to worry about any demon acting out, the aura of the building alone is frightening."

"It's not going to hurt you-..."

"That's not something I'm used to." Virgil clammed up instantly at the subtle glare the demon shot back at him. Virgil deflated a bit in understanding as he just nodded and held his hand out.

"We can walk through it together..." Roman frowned as Virgil gestured back to the door. "If you want that is? Logan said you'd be allowed. He's not the type to lie or sugar coat anything."

"Virgil, I can't move." Roman choked out pathetically making Virgil falter at how the demon squeezed his hand. "I want to. I want to follow you all, mi amor, but... I can't. I can't move."

"Do you want me to-..." Roman sighed, looking away, with a small nod of his head. "Ok... I've got you ok?" Roman tensed up, the panic in his blood from knowing what was about to happen. "Nothing is going to happen." Virgil smiled as he took both of Roman's hands. "Walk with me." Roman gasped, as his body started to move, just letting Virgil lead the way. His eyes shot open as he looked up at the arch, the fear buzzing like energy under his skin. He fully expected to get stopped by some sort of energy field or protection charm... or worse burned. Roman watched as Virgil took that first step past the border before stopping making Roman stop with him with a confused look. "Tell me when your ready... and we'll go on." Roman smiled as he nodded and just tried to calm his breathing. No one said a thing, just letting the two stand there, working it all out in silence. No one rushed him or even looked annoyed. And eventually... Roman took that last deep breath, before meeting Virgil's eyes again and nodding. "You're ready."

"Yeah." 

"Ok then." Virgil took one more step back forcing Roman to move again who tensed for only a second until he froze up, eyes wide with a smile since nothing had happened. He lit up, spinning around to see how he was past the arch before just laughing in amazement. 

"I was allowed in!" Roman cheered before just melting into it all with a bright smile, mirrored on everyone else. They understood. Even with Logan reassuring him all day they all knew that would happen. They just let him work through it all and relished in his excitement over it too. However, it didn't take long before a new face to cause a start.

"Why wouldn't you be allowed in?" Roman suddenly turned around, his eyes flashing black as Virgil grabbed his arm, whispering to calm down. The sudden startle added to the tension and urges made it far too easy for Roman to snap. Roman growled at the woman who was just standing there behind him, as Virgil quickly pulled him away to help refocus his attention. 

"Nana Alda." The woman's eyes brightened as Logan slowly made his way through the group, holding his arms out for a hug. "It's nice to see you again."

"Logan! How's my little bookworm?" Logan laughed softly as he pulled away only to shake his head and adopt that serious expression he always has. "Oh? Is it important?"

"I'm afraid so Alda." The woman glanced around at everyone before stopping to just stare at Roman and Virgil in the back seeing how Roman was clinging to Virgil tightly, his eyes still black. 

"I see." She smiled again as she turned to everyone with a nod. "My name's Esmeralda Lovell but you may all call me Alda." Roman paused, his eyes narrowing slightly, as he turned back to see how Alda was just standing there looking so sweetly. "What's your names?"

"I'm Patton-..."

"You're Patton, oh my dear child, no wonder Logan's so taken." Patton instantly blushed as he turned to Logan who just chuckled. "He talks about you all the time."

"That I-... cannot deny." Logan whispered before pointing over at Janus and Remus. "That's Janus, Patton's twin. I've also told you about him. I mention extending a hand in his lesson's in the arcane." Janus's eyes shot wide in shock as Alda just nodded along having had that conversion with Logan many times prior. "That's Remus Sanders... of the Black family Hunters."

"Oh! I thought I noticed a resemblance to Tommy. I used to watch over him when he was but a child." Remus didn't even blink. He just stood there lost as Alda turned to Roman, who tensed up instantly. "And you child?"

"I'm older than you." Was all Roman responded with, hissing out his words until Virgil squeezed his arm. 

"Your existence might have proceeded mine child but your spirit is still that of a young boy. I mean no disrespect but... Upon sight, I see a boy my grandson's age... not the demon you've grown to be." Roman swallowed up the emotion that suddenly bubbled in him before just deflating and trying to work out his thoughts.

"I uh..." Roman grimaced at the pain blossoming in his chest. He hated the pain. Why did he always have to be in such pain. He just... He... "Romulus." Roman whispered before winning a but making Virgil smiled sadly. He couldn't say Roman. Even if he wanted to... he really couldn't say Roman.

"I asked what you're name was, not the demon inside you." Roman's eyes shot up at her as she just smiled. "Oh, I know exactly who you are, child. I could sense you the moment you entered the passage. It's still courtesy to ask."

"His name causes him pain." Logan responded seeing the tears in the demon's eyes. "A sort of conditioning he was forced to take in hell. We've been calling him Prince."

"Ah. That makes sense. Demons tend to force souls to detach from their past. The easiest way to erase it is to first make it hurt them. Make them WANT to forget it."

"I don't want to forget." Roman choked out making Alda raise a brow at him. "I only just remembered."

"Prince, he uh..." Janus started seeing how everyone seemed forced into silence over the emotion Roman had just shone.

"His soul is shattered." Alda finished with a sad look in her eyes. "By the looks of it wasn't a very sturdy one. Probably the result of spell in its early days."

"That's our problem, Nana Alda." Logan lulled as he turned to see how broken Roman appeared to be. "We need to fix it. We were hoping the library might have something or at least something to point us in the right direction."

"And you don't know? Haven't you read every book in here, Logan." Alda teased as Logan's eyes narrowed. He would have teased her back but the situation was serious and she knew that. "Come with me. I'm already set up for the spell in the casting room."