12

(TW~Reverse Stockholm syndrome, blood, violence, insanity, death, mentions of past abuse... By now things are slowly getting better but Roman's still very evil)

"Fiona, come here." Fiona froze in shock as Roman used her name for the first time.

"Yes, my lord?"

"I want you to tell me more about this?" Roman gestured to this book he was reading as Fiona carefully peered over to see the man reading a script and her mouth just dropped. "I do not understand what any of this is about."

"You're... You're ready Romeo and Juliet." Roman frowned as he gave the human a confused look. "You... The great demon Romulus who leaves nothing but gore and destruction... You're reading Romeo and Juliet."

"Yes?" Roman's eyes narrowed in thought as Fiona quickly jumped realizing she had spoken out of turn. "Is there a problem with that?"

"No. Of course not my lord. My deepest apologies for such disrespect."

"Whatever for?" Fiona's eyes went wide as Roman just cocked a brow at her. "You said nothing I thought disrespectful."

"Well, of course, I did. You would have beaten me over less." Roman just groaned as he pointed to the script.

"Forget about that for now, Fiona, and just explain this... thing to me. I just do not understand? Why is Romeo so... obsessed with Juliet? What exactly are they doing that their families won't allow? And... What is a kiss?"

"Romulus, you have kissed me." Roman's eyes went wide as Fiona frowned at him in concern. "Many times actually."

"Have I?" Fiona nodded as her fingers brushed against her lips. Roman's eyes got even wider in realization. "Wait, the thing we do to seal a deal... that is a kiss?"

"What did you think it was?" Roman just stood there stunned as he tried to work through his thoughts.

"Honestly, I didn't think about it. It was just something we did. It made people uncomfortable and angry so I did often just to hurt them." Fiona's eyes flashed as Roman's darkened slightly. "But Juliet doesn't seem to hate it like all of you... Why is that?"

"She loves Romeo." The room melted into silence as Fiona gently moved the script to look at some more. "She does not mind a kiss from him... or more so wants a kiss from him because she loves him. She marries him and swears to be him and that is what the families wouldn't allow as they were both feuding. It's a forbidden love."

"Love?" Fiona paused and glanced up only to fill with shock over the demon's soft expression. She'd never seen anything like it before and was taken by surprise. "They were... in love?"

"Very much so. They loved each other so much that they couldn't bear to be apart and ended there own lives just so they never had to be."

"Why didn't either of them just talk?" Fiona frowned as Roman smirked slightly. "Or better yet... Just made a deal with a demon. Although... I do not know what this love is... for it to cause a person's death so easily it must be horrendous."

"Oh on the contrary." Roman's eyes fell as Fiona just stared off with a fond expression. "Love is the best feeling in the world."

"Fiona?" Roman whined slightly as he laid there on the couch, making the human pause in her reading. "Why did the prince kiss Snow white? She wasn't awake. It's not like she could make a deal with him or anything..."

"No, no, no... Romulus... A kiss isn't only about making a deal." Roman frowned as he glanced over at the girl sitting in a chair holding the book firmly in her hands. "The prince kissed Snow white because he loved her and was saddened when he found out that she had died."

"Again, with this love thing... You said he was sad. Sad is a bad thing right?" Fiona paused as Romulus just stared up at the ceiling. "That's what you said. Sadness is a feeling of loss and pain. It's when a person feels hopeless or broken. He was saddened because he lost the person he loved. In every book, you've read me the person in love is always hurt in some way. The beast literally nearly died because Belle had stayed with her sisters for too long and he got heartbroken over missing her."

"He loved her."

"How is Love a good thing?" Fiona smiled softly as Roman frowned glanced over at her with an almost childlike confusion. "How is love a good thing when it causes people to get hurt?"

"Honestly, Romulus, I do not have such an answer. I myself have never experienced love." Roman sighed as he slowly got up and stretched.

"That is fine. If love is the cause of such bad things... best to leave it all to me and save yourself the pain." Fiona's eyes went wide as Roman just smiled at her. "Wouldn't want you to suffer."

"ROMULUS!" Roman yanked Fiona back as the castle doors were blown through revealing a large group of hunters that spilled into the room.

"My lord?"

"Hush now, Fiona." Roman tense with nerves as the hunters all pointed their weapons at him. "Leave my home at once!"

"We shall do no such thing, demon." Roman's eyes flared in warning as one of the hunters took charge and stepped closer. "Release the girl or else."

"You'll what? Exorcise me?" Roman laughed as he smirked devilishly. "This body may die but I'll just find another."

"Release the girl..." The man repeated as he held up a gun and smiled. "Or else." Roman's eyes went wide notice some of the others didn't actually have weapons. Instead, they had holy water, or rope. Roman stepped back pulling Fiona behind him more as he bared his fangs.

"Try it and I'll rip you to shreds." The man just narrowed his eyes as Roman growled. "Fiona is literally bound to this body anything you do to 'hurt' me... will hurt her so tread carefully."

"See we don't really care." Roman's eyes went wide as this sudden pain shot through his arm. Fiona screamed out, blood falling from her shoulder making Roman's blood go cold.

"Wait, don't..." Roman fell to his knees feeling the pain shoot up his legs as two more shot rang out. Fiona fell to the floor sobbing out as Roman looked behind him to see her in pain, bleeding and crying as she squeezed her eyes closed. "F-Fiona?"

"You may think we came for the girl but... we didn't. We merely wanted to bring her home should we be able to. If not..." Roman groaned as another shot went to his other shoulder eliciting another cry from the human behind him. "We don't really need to."

"You're the so-called 'heroes'..." Roman growled under his breath. "But instead of just ending me you're torturing her." The man laughed as snapped sending the ones with the rope over to bind him. Roman didn't give them the chance. He jumped up starting one dudes head clean off as this sick look of enjoyment filled his features. "I told you I would rip you to shreds."

Roman was lost to the blood-driven craze as he laughed maniacally doing all he could to do exactly what he said he would... rip them apart. He'd been shot, stabbed, doused with holy water, but he never stopped. They couldn't stop him no matter what they tried. By the time he had even managed to get to the last living hunter, his 'body; had been torn to shit. He was only still able to stay standing because of his rage. Otherwise, that body would have given out long ago. He was broken and bleeding and falling apart, but his expression still had that vile and sadistic pleasure all over it.

"Go to hell." The leader stabbed his knife right through Roman's throat making the demon flair as he wasted no time in crushing his trachea. The man fell, lifeless as Roman pulled the knife out and rolled his eyes feeling the body give out on him. He was going to have to get a new one. Usually, it didn't matter if the body was dead. There doesn't need to be a soul for the demon to possess it. It's just more fun that way. The problem was it was so badly damaged that not only was it dead but... 

"FIONA!" Realization filled his senses as he crashed finally looking over to see his pet dead. For the first time ever this... weight fell over him as he just stood there. "Damn it." Roman groaned as he ran his blood-covered hands through his hair and just crashed. "Well then... Goodbye pet. I don't think we'll be seeing each other again. At least not in hell..." Roman smiled as he took a deep breath before his body suddenly collapsed onto the floor, no longer housing the demon inside it."