54

TW~Kidnapped, chains

"Wakey wakey, your highness." Roman grunted at the haze over his mind. He tensed as he tried to pull himself out of the fog. He was having a hard time even remembering what had happened. He whined at the ache that tore through him only jump at the slight taps to his cheek making him flutter his eyes in surprise. Where in the hell was he? "There we go."

"The prince has finally woken up." Roman jumped back his eyes darting all over the place as he tugged on the chains that held him. Several men surround him in dark robes only making his panic worse as he tried to latch on to something. Why wasn't he at the cabin? What happened? Where... Roman's eyes latched onto Fiona and it all came flooding back. He just crashed into the floor, noticing right away he was placed in a devil's trap. The people, whoever they were, were at least prepared enough for that. 

"Fiona?" Fiona flinched hearing the broken way Roman had called out her name only to drown in guilt as her master just laughed. 

"Awe, is his highness feeling a tad betrayed. Worry not, Demon prince, our pet was merely under orders to bring you in. She works for us."

"She's not a pet." Roman instantly growled, his red eyes gleaming with protective anger, as the leader just smirked at him.

"What else do you call a Golem?" Roman's eyes darted right to her as she grimaced under his worried gaze. 

"The husk itself is but a tool... but Fiona is a soul and she isn't a pet." He restated before glaring the man down. He tugged on the chains again as he growled. "What am I here for?"

"You, my dear shattered prince... are going to be our first test subject." Roman's face fell as the man crouched to his level with a smirk. "We've been going through everything we could find in religion and media to find a way to... get rid of you all. Sort of..."

"What do you mean?" The man jumped up with a laugh as another handed him a book, to which he skimmed through as he spoke. 

"Do you know of the show Supernatural? It's actually where I got the idea for it all. In it there this ritual to 'cure' a demon." The man glanced up at him with a smile seeing the confusion on Roman's face. "Cure... as in humanize." Roman's eyes shot wide as the man chuckled, although he thought the shock was in fear... it wasn't. "There was only one successful ritual in which the demon successfully turned human before the main characters had to try... We thought we would give it an attempt."

"That's just a show. Sam didn't even finish it because he would have died." The man's eyes lit up as Roman just stared at him in awe. "You can't honestly believe you can..."

"Well not with human blood alone. Of course not. That's why we turned to every religion and spellbook we could find to... create our own ritual to try." The man's smirk was vile, sending fear down Fiona's back, but Roman just stayed there with this look on his face as he actually thought it over. Sure he could probably get out eventually but at the moment he was stuck. That meant he didn't have a choice in the matter yet... if they were right about this... He might very well get the very thing he wanted more than anything. He could be human. He could go back to Virgil. He could BE with Virgil. He was going to be human for Virgil... no matter what. "We're going to turn you human... or you kill you trying."

"Let's make a deal." Fiona jumped up the second those words hit her ears. For a second there she was worried everything really was a trick and Roman hadn't changed at all but... Roman's eyes held such softness as he smiled making the cultists around him a tad... unnerved. "What do you say... You and I... we make a deal. A demon can have many ongoing contracts anyway."

"What exactly would this... deal entail?" The man really wasn't thinking about it at all he was just humoring the demon only... Roman's eyes lit up more as he shifted about until he was on his knees with his hands in his lap.

"I give you my full and complete consent." The room instantly turned cold. "I agree to be your... guinea pig... which means less concern for you to have to worry about me somehow getting away. I let you do whatever you want to complete this possible ritual..."

"And what do you get out of it?"

"I want you to promise me that you are in fact... trying to make me human." Fiona literally felt her heart break. She watched the scene with tears in her eyes as Roman gave such a hope full and bright smile. "I want you to actually put in the effort to do just that. I want this... to be really about turning me human." Roman's eyes light up with such hope... it took everyone by surprise. "What I want is for you to do EVERYTHING you can to make sure it ends up working... no matter what? Giving me a Soul... turning me human... whatever you end doing just... do it."

"You... WANT us to do this ritual?" Roman nodded as he stared the cult leader right in the eyes.

"I WANT to be human..." Fiona felt her energy screaming in her to do something anything... but she was frozen just staring down at the demon who held his hand out to shake. There were many ways to strike up a deal with a demon. A kiss was the best and strongest way, as it gave them direct accessed to the soul... but anything can really count as long as both parties consent. So when the cult leader smiled and took his hand and Roman's eyes literally lit up as his magic flurried around him, Fiona felt herself break at the seams. "...and you are the closest I've ever been to getting there."