89

It wasn't that long after that cryptic message that Remus found himself standing there in front of his door staring at the ONE WOMAN he prayed he wouldn't have to see again. That morning things started out fine. Well... More like it was just the new normal. The family, and yes that includes Virgil, all ate breakfast together this time that Roman cooked, before splitting off to do their own things. Virgil and Roman went to the living room to try and focus to see if Roman could do that vision thing again, having been a bit obsessive over it since mentioning that Ash and Fiona were seen in it.

That was of course until a very loud and eerie knock sounded on the front door. Everyone seemed to feel the sudden shift in the air as even Thomas came out of his office with a worried look. Remus was the one who opened the door because he was the only one at the moment who even had the ability to fend off whatever it was... not that Roman let any of the others know just how powerless he was. Seconds ticked by as Remus finally just blinked and stepped back revealing a tall redhead slowly striding into the foyer, and Thomas's face fell hard.

"Aunt Patty." The woman smiled brightly as Thomas quickly moved to give her a welcoming hug, whilst also trying to signal to get Roman out of there but unfortunately... That didn't quite work out. 

"Thomas, love, it's been so long. How's my favorite nephew?" Thomas swallowed the anxiety as he just forced a smile. "I haven't heard a word from you in years."

"Yes, well... I did tell you, I didn't want my family to get mixed in with the uh... family business." Patty's expression didn't even change a smidge but you could feel the smug pride that just oozed out of her. 

"A pity considering how Remus excels so greatly at it." That of course made Roman catch on, who suddenly paled and took a step back catching her eyes.

"And who are these young men?" Roman went rigid as the older woman grabbed his arm before just beaming and giving Thomas a look. "Strong for such a child."

"That's my son." Patty's eyes flashed as Thomas practically growled his words out. Remus was inching his way towards Roman as Aunt Patty focused on Thomas.

"Son? You adopted?" Thomas nodded as Patty feigned a sort of betrayal. "And you didn't tell me? What was I just supposed to not know about my new great-nephew?"

"I told you, I wanted to keep my family..."

"Out of the family business, Yes, I know." Patty quickly brushed the father off before just looking Roman over with a dark smile. "Well? Shall we convene in the sitting room?" 

"Not that I don't enjoy your visits, Aunt Patty... But why are you here?" Thomas called as they all followed after her. Roman clung to Virgil tightly as they tried to separate themselves from the group.

"I'm just going to cut to the chase. I've never been one for hiding it all anyway. There were attacks that caught on our radar." Patty practically sang as he sat down so gracefully as if oblivious to the tension around her. "Three to be exact.  The first one was a small group of kids who wound up in the hospital for over a week. One was a girl who was admitted into the Psychiatric Ward for 'spouting out nonsense about a demon'." Roman gulped as he and Virgil both froze up at the realization of what this was about. "Naturally we were sceptical as if it truly was a demon they wouldn't have left any of them alive let alone one completely unharmed." Remus carefully put himself in front of Roman subtly, disguising it as simply standing beside his father. "The second was the one that really tipped us off. A report came back asking for assistance over a large warehouse massacre." Roman glanced back at the door, wondering how long it would take them to get caught if they just ran for it. "We of course had to check it out. Turns out a large amount of cultists decided to trap a demon for an experiment. They had a notebook about it and everything, plus the chains and devils trap still just laying there in the main room with all the bodies." Roman honestly felt sick at the sudden remembrance of it. "I read the notebook forward and back trying to find any and all information about the demon as could and all I could ascertain was that they only ever referred to them as 'The Prince'. That of course was the focus for everyone as if there was a demon prince among us we needed to find them, correct?" A sick grin just expanded on her face as her eyes trailed everyone in the room. "The last was a fairly recent one... once again right in town. A young man dropped off at the hospital with nearly every bone shattered in his body." She laughed as she turned to Remus suddenly who just dropped in understanding. "Nice try, Kid, but I taught you better."

"The job was sloppy and no one takes orders from a boy in school." Remus growled as Patty slowly got to her.

"So here's what's going to happen. You two are going to step back... as I take them in." Patty snapped making the door suddenly shoot open to allow several people to barrel in. Roman was quick to instantly pull Virgil behind him as he growled at everyone. "I spotted the mark on 'your son's' hand the second I walked in." Roman's eyes flashed brightly as he growled even louder in a warning. Thomas was yanked back as Remus pulled his knife out, going in a defensive position. "Honestly boys, I've taught you better than this. Housing a demon? Especially a Demon Prince? I'm disappointed." Patty smirked as she sauntered her way over to Roman, who's eyes were now glowing a very bright white. "Tell me... Who are you?" Roman's eyes narrowed in challenge as he put himself even more in front of Virgil, powerless or not he was NOT going to let anything happen to his mate. "You aren't Death. Or Plague... Plus given the manner of the bodies found in the warehouse and that young Brendan..." Roman tensed violently as she grabbed him by the cheek to stare into those eyes. "Tell me your name or I burn you and that bastard you're so keen on protecting."

"Roman." Roman hissed out making Patty falter a bit, her eyes filling with surprise. "My name is Roman... Y eres una perra." (And you are a bitch.)

"You think you frighten me? My entire existence was build upon killing your kind. Now I will ask again and you better tell me the truth." Patty giggled softly as several of the men that joined her all pointed their guns right at Virgil, making Roman completely drop. "Who are you?"

"The Great Demon Prince Romulus." Roman whispered, heart brokenly as Remus screamed out trying to attack only to get knocked into the coffee table, knife kicked far far away. Patty's face fell instantly as Roman just stared at nothing. "Demon of insanity, gore, and destruction..." Roman actually forced a laugh as he finally met her gaze again feeling as Virgil shakingly grabbed his shirt from behind. "I'm the asshole that gave your family all its money." Roman blinked, a small smile slowly growing on his lips as he let his energy grow in him. He couldn't fight. He couldn't teleport. He couldn't use any of his demonic powers but he could do something. He could get Virgil out of there. 

"You son of a-..." Light exploded around Roman blinding everyone as he quickly grabbed Virgil and ran. Patty roared in rage as she yelled out for her men to chase after, before turning to see Remus just glaring at her. "You let not only a demon into your home... BUT THE DEMON?!"

"And I'd do it again." Patty just growled as she snapped making several men grab Remus despite how Thomas was yelling out to let his son go. Patty just glared at the door before just walking right past the burned shadow of wings that spread over everything against the wall. 

"That demon dies tonight."