93

Trigger warning~ Slight gore? maybe? I don't know. I'm just descriptive. Burning alive (sort of), Fire, Derogatory and Cruel slurs, Suicidal thoughts/actions, Death, blood ( Ok so basically because I don't think the warning gives you enough warning... The chapter had Patty basically ordering Virgil to Kermit unlive and Virgil in his grief does as she says...)

Virgil sat there collapsed on the floor as he stared over at the fire the Blacks had burning in front of them. Roman's body laid charring away in it as Virgil's skin literally itched. How dare they... HOW DARE THEY?!

They already killed him. Already took him from him... Why would they have to stoop so low as to send his remains into the very fire Roman was so desperate to escape from? What was the point in going so far? HE WAS ALREADY DEAD!

"I don't know how he escaped the devil's trap... but I won't allow that to deter me." Patty hissed as she turned back to Virgil. Remus was screaming in the background desperately trying to get free as tears streamed down his rage-filled eyes.

"YOU'RE NOTHING BUT MONSTERS!" Remus cried out making Patty freeze with a very dark glare. "Hunters are supposed to help the good ones. They're supposed to protect from the creatures who would do harm... NOT KILL THEM ALL!" Patty just laughed as she shook her head seeing how Remus crashed into himself.

"You still have much to learn then, if that's what you believe." Patty's eyes darted to Virgil, who still remained just sitting there in the same position he had been when they took Roman's body from him. Her eyes trailed to his arm, seeing the mark still there, and growled with hate in her eyes. "You LET him mark you." Her voice was venomous as Virgil's eyes slowly panned to her. Remus suddenly clammed up in horror as Patty grabbed the human roughly by the arm, murderous intent just oozing off of her. "You allowed that... beast to taint you... to mark you."

"NO! STOP!" Remus desperately tried to fight against the chains as Patty literally dragged the helpless Virgil over to the flames where he was forced to see just how the fire melting his love to ash and bone. "HE'S ONLY HUMAN! You can't kill him!"

"He stopped being human the second he agreed to be the demon's whore!" Patty growled as she literally shoved him forward, pulling out her knife pressing it against his throat. "Walk into the flames... Or get burned once you're dead." Virgil just stood there in silence, his eyes dead and dull, as Patty pressed harder till he felt that slight bite in his skin. "WALK... OR BURN REGARDLESS, YOU DEMON SLUT!" Virgil's eyes flared as he suddenly grabbed the knife, blade to hand, as he growled angrily.

"Roman was NOT a fucking demon. He was the love of my life." Virgil's eyes were filled with rage and grief as Patty just glared him down with pure hate. "And I'd walk through anything for him... Fire... is NOTHING." Patty just smirked as she ripped the blade from his grasp, watching the blood dripping down Virgil's arm.

"Then walk." Virgil frowned as he slowly turned back to the fire feeling the heat against his skin. He choked on the tears that fell at the scolding blackened remains still just burning away in that scarlet flame. Virgil actually starts to smile as he takes that first step ignoring the overwhelming burn the close proximity to the fire was giving him. Everyone was so focused on him and the flames... they didn't see the figure slowly stalking closer to them.

"Hurry up!" Patty cackles as Virgil takes another step finally hitting the fire, wrenching a sob from his lips from the pain. "You don't want to keep your master waiting." She hissed out a laugh knowing full well the blade completely destroys soulless creatures, meaning there would be no one waiting for Virgil, in the hell's fire. Virgil freezes up, sobbing loudly, as the fire licked up his legs causing his very skin to bubble and bleed.

"VIRGIL, STOP!" Virgil jumped at the sound of Remus's voice but yet did not turn around. He just took another step staring at the body before him. He wasn't going to fall until he reached it. If he was going to die... he was dying with his love. "VIRG-..." Remus's eyes shot wide finally noticing the figure standing directly behind the hunter, his eyes glowing that familiar white. Virgil took yet another step only for his whole body to scream out on him, causing him to cry... JUST as the sound of a knife clattered to the ground. Patty's eyes were wide in shock as she looked down to see an arm going right through her chest. Light began to peek through around the arm as her body burned from the inside out. The arm was suddenly ripped out of her sheet as she went up in flames herself before crumbling to the ground in ash and bone.  Unfortunately, Virgil was too lost in everything to have even heard it. He just kept walking... just kept moving further into the fire until... He screamed out as arms pulled him back out of the flames.

"LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" Virgil fought, kicking and screaming, his body literally flailing about despite how badly burnt his legs were. He didn't care. The adrenaline numbed quite a bit of the pain as he continued to fight whoever it was the stopped him. "LET ME GO! ROMAN! ROMAN! STOP LET ME GO! I CAN'T LEAVE HIM! I PROMISED!"

"ARE YOU INSANE?!" Virgil froze like ice as he was suddenly spun around to come face to face with such a pained expression. "Please... Please stop. Just... Stop." Dark obsidian eyes filled with tears as the young man gripped his arms in desperation. "Don't you EVER be as stupid as to follow me into the fire!" Virgil's eyes shot wide as Roman tears streamed down like waterfalls. "If anything ever happened to you I would completely shatter." Roman's just crashed as he collapsed into Virgil sobbing endlessly over being so overwhelmed. "I can't lose you. I... can't just watch you get hurt. Please... Please don't ever do that again."

"Roman?" Virgil whispered so softly, disbelief lacing his tone, making Roman shudder. Suddenly Roman jolted up capturing Virgil's lips against his, with such desperation it hurt. They both could taste the salt from their tears as Roman took Virgil's head in his hands, literally trembling against the other. Virgil just stood there frozen as Roman pulled away, his eyes glowing white as he smiled softly, wrapping his arms around his love.

"How?" Roman just chuckled as he held Virgil close. "She... She used that blade on you. She said it destroys demons." Roman just nodded as he brushed Virgil's hair back.

"Yea... it does. It kills demon..." Roman trailed off slightly only to chuckle again over the lost look in Virgil's eyes.

"I don't understand."

"It kills demons, Love." Roman whispered, ghosting his lips against Virgil's, making the human's eyes flutter before shooting wide at the sight of wings that suddenly spread out around them. Virgil's face filled with shock as Roman let his wings flutter before wrapping them around his love protectively, seeing even more tears beginning to fall. "I'm not a demon... I never really was." Virgil completely crashes into him letting Roman hold him tight as he sobbed through his broken laughter. "It's ok, Mi Flor. I'm never leaving you again. I'm so sorry that I scared you so."

"I thought I lost you." Roman smiled sadly as he nodded just letting Virgil get it all out. "I thought... I..." Virgil laughed as he nuzzled into Roman melting into the warmth his wings were providing. "You look different. I didn't recognize you."

"I look like me." Virgil faltered as he pulled back to see the shine in Roman's eyes. "The real me... the me before my soul was destroyed." Virgil's eyes widened as Roman just basked in everything. "This... This is what I really look like, Love. This is me." Virgil just stares at him with tears in his eyes as Roman glances away, a slight look of nervousness bleeding through. "I hope that's enough."

"It's more than enough." Roman's face fell as Virgil gently cupped his cheek. "Because, all I ever wanted..." The love that filled the two of them was literally palpable as the two slowly closed the distance between them. "...Was to be love BY you." Roman purred as he pressed his lips against Virgil's making the human giggle softly.

"Is that your greatest desire?"

"Oh my god." Virgil laughed as he shook his head fondly just staring into his love's eyes. "What do you think?"

"Good." Roman beamed as he nuzzled into the other still purring softly. "Because it's mine too."

"That's nice and all. I've fucking happy as the shit your not dead but..." The two broke apart only to laugh seeing the pout Remus was giving them from over by the wall. "I'm still chained up. A little help please?" Roman blinked and suddenly all the chains crumbled to the floor making Remus falter with a small smile. He couldn't stop the tears that built as he looked up to see his brother... his real brother... not the demon he was before, just smiling away as he held the one he loved. "It's good to have the real you back, Roman. Now don't be stupid and get yourself killed again." Roman's eyes flashed as he growled with a smirk and pulled Virgil in closer making the human laugh at it all.

"Never again. I belong solely to mi amor." Roman whispered out with a husky breath making Virgil blush in his arms. "I'm yours forever, Mi Flor. Even till the end... I'll carry your soul to heaven with me." Virgil literally broke down over that. "Te amo, Virgil Reed."

"I-I love you t-to, Roman P-Payne."

~THE END~