34

"VIRGIL! ROMAN!" Patton pulled Virgil into a hug the second they got to the house making Roman have to bite back the growl as he suddenly reached out to grab Virgil's hoodie, as to not lose him. "You're here!"

"Yes, Pat." Virgil chuckled softly as he patted the other's back noticing how Roman tugged on his hoodie, clearly not happy about being pulled away from him. Virgil pulled away from the hug with a small awkward smirk making Patton laugh as he nodded.

"Sorry about that, Kiddo. Why don't we all get everything set up inside?"

"That would be great. Thank you." Patton nodded as he quickly ran off. Virgil went to follow only to freeze at the pained whine that sounded behind him.

"Don't go." Roman whimpered as Virgil glanced back to see the tears forming in his eyes. Roman tugged on his hoodie again and Virgil sighed as he held his hand out knowing that contact with his mark calmed the demon down instantly. Roman gently took it before shaking his head and pulling the other into a hug. "Sorry." Roman nuzzled into him, as Virgil just stood there in shock over everything, hands outstretched with unsurety. He had no clue what he was supposed to be doing. "I just... I'm sorry. Patton pulled you away and I... I just couldn't... You're staying with me right?"

"There's no way I'm leaving you when you're still dazed like you are, Roman." Roman smiled softly as he nodded and allowed Virgil to pull away a bit. "Are you ok?"

"Territorial." Virgil's eyes widened as he shifted to hold Roman's hands. "The haze is making it worse so... I'm having trouble dealing with everyone around you and then Patton just pulling you away..."

"If you can't do this sleepover..."

"No. Please? I want this. I'll be good. I promise." Roman whined as he squeezed Virgil's hands tightly. "I just wasn't prepared. I'll be ok. I swear. Please don't send us home."

"You're sure you're going to be ok?" Roman nodded frantically as Virgil sighed and just stepped aside to let Roman go on ahead. It took a second for the demon to catch on before his eyes lit up and he ran in with a happy giggle.

"Took you two long enough." Patton teased lightly as he gestured for them to follow. "We're gonna set everything in the living room."

"I can't wait." Roman beamed as he followed along practically dragging Virgil with him after the human had taken his hand. The second they walked into the livingroom Roman froze in awe over everything. It wasn't anything extravagant like at his house. It was more than Roman had ever seen a room filled with snacks and sleeping bags. It made him really happy. "Virgil.  Virgil. Look!" Roman bounced excitedly as Virgil carefully set down their things in an open space. 

"It's kind of like we're camping indoors." Virgil teased only to notice how Roman completely froze up with a childish wonder gleaming through his already sparkling eyes.

"Camping?" Virgil laughed as he nodded, carefully undoing his sleeping bag so he could roll it out. "What's that?"

"This but outside and slightly different activities. I'll have to take you one day. It's better to just experience than explain." Roman's face lit up as he nodded jumping in to help with his sleeping bag that he pressed against Virgil's just to make sure they were together. Virgil smiled seeing how Roman made absolutely certain the too sleeping bags were touching before grabbing Virgil's pillow and handing it to him with a short giggle. "You are really excited arent you?"

"It's a sleepover, Virge. I'm just ... I don't... It makes me feel... normal?" Virgil's eyes flashed as Roman's smile fell to a look of anxiousness. "Doing things like this... I can almost pretend that I'm not... not uh... well, you know."

"It's ok, Roman." Roman smiled softly before laying down against his sleeping bag and just staring up at the other. "You sure you're going to be ok sleeping so close to me? Are you going to be able to sleep?"

"I doubt I would have a problem if I can... it doesn't bother you does it?" Virgil just shook his head before stopping as he noticed Janus pause in the doorway. The witch shot a sort of glare at Roman before just shaking his head and quickly walking off only making Virgil tense up. "Virgil? Is something wrong?"

"No. No, don't worry about it. But um..." Virgil grimaced as he quickly jumped up to his feet only making Roman's concern worse. "I have to use the bathroom. Can you finish setting things up or..."

"Yeah, no problem." Roman instantly responded making Virgil's eyes darken a bit. He really was only giving him a task to do to distract him from the fact that he was leaving. "You aren't going to be long right?"

"I'll try not to be. You focus on getting everything set up and I'll be back." Roman's eyes flashed as that subtle shiver ran his spine over the order Virgil had given him. It took a lot in him to not instantly jump up to do as he said but he supposed that was a good thing. The fact that he was able to hold back for a little while was a very good thing. He just sat there watching as Virgil walked off before groaning quietly as his mind went to doing as he was told. The instant fear he got the second Virgil was out of sight burned through him making him falter just a bit.

"Please hurry back." He whispered before finally getting up.

"Ok, so where..." Virgil secretly fumbled through the different rooms. He had asked Patton where Janus's room was under the guise of inviting him down so he knew he was in the right direction. He finally spotted a door with a rune etched into the face of it and he stopped cold. He sighed as he carefully pushed the door open, actually happy to find that Janus wasn't there, even if he did want to talk to him about something. He glanced around just taking everything in before spotting a very old-looking book on the desk. His eyes latched on to the runes plastered all about it and he tensed in concern. It couldn't be good.

He walked himself further into the room, cautious about everything until he made it to the desk and froze. The second he spotted the name plastered in Old English font he felt his heart fall a bit. 'Prince Romulus'... He gripped his hoodie sleeves tightly as he glanced over at the drawn picture it gave of the Shattered Prince. The psychotic grin could be seen even through the inky black, his red eyes the only color they provided him. Virgil frowned as slowly at the desk pulling the book closer to him, this tightening in his chest over it all.

He read it all right from the start, carefully making his way through all the things they wrote about him. How the Prince symbolized insanity and destruction... How he left nothing but vile gore where ever he went... However, it wasn't until the book mentioned his 'pets' did he truly falter in his reading. His heart completely shattered as his eyes caught sight of the name 'Lady Fiona Kaine'... the same women Roman was so guilty over. She was Romulus's pet... Romulus's... 

Roman WAS Romulus.