72

Trigger Warning~ Violence, Guns, Blood, Torture, Gore, Romulus... (Don't Threaten a Demons mate... Especially when that demon is Prince Romulus)

"Are you feeling better Ro?" Roman smiled with a short nod, just leaning into his love. Virgil chuckled a bit as he gently played with Roman's shirt while they walked. "I'm glad. I know it's been a week since all that but... we never really spoke about it after that day."

"I'm ok. I'm... still working through things but... I'm going to be ok." Roman pressed a light kiss to Virgil's neck before pulling away and just spinning around until he was walking backward. "I never really did get to thank you for all you've been doing for me."

"Roman... You don't have to thank me. Not for this." Roman eyes softened as Virgil pulled him closer a bit just staring into those green eyes with a loving look. "I'm always going to help you. I love you, Roman."

"I love yo-..."

"VIRGIL FUCKING REED!" Roman's eyes instantly flashed red for just a second as he pushed Virgil behind him. This older man... Maybe early twenties, came staggering down the road from a local park, beer bottle in hand. Roman tensed hearing that oh-so-familiar sound of shattering glass as the man chucked his bottle at the asphalt, rage in his dulled intoxicated gaze. "You... You FUCKING bitch!"

"I... I..."

"Don't Virgil." Roman held his hand back behind him to hold Virgil's hand feeling the fear pulling at them both. "Don't speak... I'll protect you."

"But Roman..." Roman gave him a smile making Virgil's eyes widen a bit with a short nod. "I love you."

"Love you too." Roman turned back to the man advancing on them as he let Virgil's hand go and just glared him down. "Who are you?"

"Who-... WHO AM I?" The man grinned evilly as he pointed at Virgil with such malice despite how out of balance and shakey he was. Roman wasted no time shifting his weight to put himself in between them far too used to this from all his regained memories. The flashback might be making it all easier for him to know what to do... but the panic burrowing into him was not a good thing at all. Even still... HE WILL PROTECT VIRGIL! The man got sickening close to Roman who grimaced over the disgusting scent of beer. "Why don't you ask the boy that fucker put in a hospital?" Roman's eyes shot up instantly as Virgil pushed him back behind him in shock.

"Wait, what?" Virgil's voice shook as the man hissed out a laugh. "Who-..."

"Derek... My little brother. The one you send to the hospital in a week-long coma?" Virgil's eyes were filled with horror as he turned to see how Roman had completely shut down, his expression neutral as if unaffected. "He's home now but so fucking traumatized because of you... He won't even leave his room. FORGET ABOUT THE DOWNSTAIRS! I even bring it up he starts screaming!"

"Virgil didn't do anything." Roman growled, his body tense as the man, who Virgil now understood to be Brendon as Derek had spoken about him enough in school to know, turned to him with a fire in his eyes. "I suggest you step away before something happens."

"Roman-..." Roman's energy seemed to shift as his eyes started to darken making Virgil really tense.

"Virgil, go home." Roman's voice was dark as he clenched his fists tightly. "If anything happens call Remus."

"THE FUCK YOU'RE GOING ANYWHERE!" Brendan yelled as he went to grab Virgil making Roman blink and find himself shoving the human back. Brendan stumbled to the ground with a grunt as Roman twitched, his eyes flashing black as he whined, feeling this pressure on his mind he didn't trust at all.

"V-Virgil..." Roman panted as he turned back to his love in desperation, seeing the panic in the other as clear as he could feel it rising like bile in his own throat. "Please... go."