80

Warnings~ Romulus, not really but still uh... slight maybe gore-ish things

"Hey, Ro-..." Thomas froze up at the sudden look Virgil made as the younger quickly shook his head. "Uh... How are you feeling?" 

Roman and Virgil had spent the rest of the night talking about everything. At the end of it, all Roman broke down and said he wanted to go and made Virgil promise him that he wouldn't hurt anyone and fuck everything over. This was the first time Romulus was ever accepted. Sure he wasn't allowed to do anything he kept wanting to but there was a reason for it. Even still they all still cared for him and wanted Roman there. They were all trying so hard to help him. And for Virgil and Remus specifically to not even blink at some of the things Roman will say or do... Or how Thomas still wants him there with the family... It means everything to Roman. He CAN'T fuck it up. No matter how much the demon in his is desperate for some bloody chaos

"In pain." Roman whispered out painfully only making Thomas's small awkward smile fall more.

"Oh?" Once again Virgil just shook his head making Thomas sigh before giving the demon a small smile. "Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I uh... I wanted to ask you how you wanted your steak don-..."

"Raw." Roman frowned as he looked up to see Thomas still smiling.

"I figured but I thought I would ask anyway. Alright, why don't you two go find yourself some seats? Anywhere's fine. We'll work around what's best." Roman was honestly confused, to say the least. He really didn't understand how any of them are ok with any of this.

"Dad." Thomas froze up instantly as Roman started to tear up, his green eyes dulled yet strong despite the agony he was still in. "Lo Siento, Papa." Thomas frowned as he slowly turned back to see how Roman was clearly struggling. "I don't mean to... I didn't want... I..."

"It's ok, Bud. Remus and Virgil both told me everything they knew. I understand what happened. I'm not disappointed at all." Roman swallowed the burn in his throat as Thomas's eyes brightened. "I know my son."

"Come on, Ro. Let's go sit." Roman smiled as he nodded letting Virgil lead him off. The second he saw the table setting he got worried though. "It's ok."

"It's so sharp." Roman whispered as he pressed the tip of the knife against his finger and just spun it about. 

"So what exactly was so import I had to come ba-..." Remus froze the second he walked into the dining room to see Roman just playing with the knife. Virgil sighed seeing the concern flash in Remus's eyes over it all. "What-..."

"Your father wanted a family dinner. Don't worry. Roman and I talked everything over. The knife in his hands is actually a good thing, trust me." Roman held the blade up as he just stared down it before grinning.

"It's so sharp. Why is it so sharp?"

"A... habit... of mine." Roman perked up as Remus just rolled his eyes and sat down across from him with a small smile. " I was taught that anything can be used for defense in an emergency situation so... I have a nervous habit of making sure anything that can be used is lethal. I sharpen the silverware when I'm kind of lost in thought."

"You could totally mutilate someone with this." Roman grinned as he gripped his hand tight around the handle, before acting as if he was stabbing into someone's neck. "If your intent is to kill then you'll be good if you know how to use it... but for dinner, it might be a bit... much." Roman laughed before just turning back to playing with it while they all waited for Thomas. Or well they thought it was JUST Thomas. That was until Thomas came out with bread and sat down in his own chair with a small smile making everyone tense up. "Uh... Thomas?"