86

"¿Por qué estoy tan cansado amor?" Roman whined as he sat there strewn about the dining room chair they had brought in for the small table in the kitchen. His eyes kept fluttering, wanting to close but being unable to, as he groaned at how the room was spinning. "Tengo mucho sueño." (Why am I so tired, Love? , I'm so sleepy.)

"Roman, I do know Spanish but... I'm not fluent in it, Hun. Especially, not as well as a native like you." Roman whined as Virgil stood there at the stove cooking food.

"Siesta." Virgil stopped short, his eyes darting over to see Roman, moments from passing out despite knowing he wasn't able to. "Ayudar." (Nap. , Help.) 

"Roman, stay awake for me, love." Virgil lulled, reinforcing the command, as he walked over to the other seeing just how out of it he was. Virgil went to his knees as he pressed his hand to Roman's forehead making Roman's bliss as he leaned into the contact. "Is there really nothing else I can be doing for you?"

"No puedo pensar." Virgil's eyes narrowed a bit in concern as he nodded. (I cannot think.)

"I can see that. You too tired to even speak English." Roman laughed as he forced himself to sit up."

"English is my second language. I'm sorry if you can't understand me." Virgil just shook his head as he went back to cooking. Roman smiled as he just watched Virgil work. "Te amo, Mi Flor."

"I love you too, Roman." Roman's smile only grew as Virgil gave him a smile back. "I'm all done." Virgil plated everything before setting it in front of the demon, whose eyes just lit up brightly. His stomach literally growled making him blush sheepishly as Virgil just sat down beside him, far too concerned to comment. Roman hesitantly picked the fork up, his hand shaking so horribly it clattered against the plate. "Here, Hun. Let me help." Roman's eyes shined as Virgil took the fork from him, his hand shaking as well but far more subtly than Roman's. Virgil gently scooped up some of the eggs, easing it towards Roman as to not drop any, who took it all gratefully with a bright smile on his face.

"I've missed this." Virgil frowned in confusion as he went to get some more, making Roman laugh. "The feeling of actually eating. Demons don't get hungry so... eating does absolutely nothing. There's no sensation of being full or anything like that. I can taste the food but... to be honest, it was just my brain registering that the taste was there, not that my body could truly do anything with it." Roman took another bite giggling happily over it all. "I hadn't actually felt hunger for so long, even when I got my memories back... I couldn't remember what it was like to actually feel it. God, these eggs are good." He hummed as he took another bite making Virgil smile over it all.

"I'm glad you're liking it." Roman nodded, blush painting his cheeks as Virgil grabbed more eggs before sticking a small slice of sausage at the end of the fork. Roman's eyes lit up as he ate it and practically moaned over it all, making Virgil break down in laughter.

"Hey, don't laugh at me," Roman whined as he glared playfully at his mate. "You try being starving and finally getting your first proper taste of food in literally forever." That shut Virgil up instantly as the reality of it all hit him once again. "Actually, please don't. I don't want you to starve. It's not a good feeling. I love you so please don't. I was just playing."

"I know, Ro." Roman smiled sadly as Virgil set the fork down. "Why don't I get you a drink?"

"Please?" Virgil nodded as he made his to the fridge.

"You already seem a bit more lively." Virgil commented as he pulled the fridge open trying not to stress out on what any of it all could mean.

"I'm still really exhausted but... yeah, I guess I am? Don't ask me why... I'm just as confused as you are." Roman laughed as he leaned his head against his hand and sighed. "Just as long as I don't have to go back to sleep."

"Roman, you're feeling hunger." Roman's eyes darkened as Virgil hesitated before pulling out some orange juice. "I'm assuming thirst as well..." Roman only nodded as Virgil poured the juice into a cup before putting it back. "I don't understand it, Ro, but we can't just ignore it."

"I'm not saying to ignore it. I just want to hold off for just a bit, Virgil. I've been asleep for a week and I'm starving." Roman tensed as he tried to pick the fork up himself again, his hand still shaking badly, but determined to take another bite. He wined as he made a mess but even still, he felt pride over managing it, however poorly it was. "Can we please just eat and relax before we bring it up with Remus and start panicking as a family? We just dealt with Romulus... I don't want to have a whole other emergency right off the bat."

"Just until your done eating." Roman went to say something only to stop seeing how serious Virgil was. "I mean it, Roman. I'll ignore it for the time being because you right. If your starving you need to eat... but only until this plate is empty and then we talk to Remus. If it's an emergency, I'd rather deal with it now before it gets worse."

"Virgil-..."

"We have no information. We can't afford to put it off." Roman sighed as he nodded and just turned back to eating in silence. Virgil was right about it after all. Virgil just deflated as he held up the cup of orange juice with a small smile. "Here, Love." Roman held the cup with Virgil's help and took a good-sized gulp, blessing out once again over the sensation of actually eating and drinking.

"Gracias, Virgil." Virgil's smile grew just about over how happy Roman actually was about it all, as he nodded. "Thank you for helping me."

"Of course, Ro. You're my partner. I'll always take care of you if you need me to. Just as you have done for me..." Virgil gently rubbed Roman's arm as the demon took a bit of his food again. "I love you."