84

Warning~ Pain... a lot of pain... Too much pain

"No, Virgil. Listen..." Virgil clammed up with a blink as Roman forced himself to take a breath. "I am voluntarily walking myself into a devil's trap." Virgil's eyes slowly started to widen as he realized what Roman was saying. "Not only that but this trap, Virgil... It was made to suppress my powers completely... perfectly. Unlike with Remus's cuffs that are still on my wrists... I will NOT be able to use my powers at all. That mean's I'm willfully entering a trap that will put me at my most vulnerable with no way to escape it." Roman squeezed Virgil's hand as his voice started to go soft on him. "Once I'm in there there is NO getting out. I'm at everyone's mercy. Please... PLEASE, Flos! Don't leave me." Virgil's heart just about shattered. "I know I've been obsessive and that's all I've been telling you but... Virgil, I need you more than ever with this. I will not be able to go through this alone. Please don't leave me? Not with this... Not when I'd have no way of protecting myself... or worse protecting you." Virgil smiled softly as he walked himself backward, letting his hands sip from Roman's as to not drag him in before he was ready, and put himself directly center of the large devil's trap.

"I'm not leaving your side, Love. I promise you." Virgil's smile only got softer as Roman started to cry. "We go through this together or not at all."

"Whenever your ready, we'll begin." Alda spoke with a soft lull as she gently touched Roman's back. "Only when your ready, there is no rush at all." Roman never took his eyes off of Virgil as he just tried to work through how he managed to get such a man for a mate. His eyes literally sparkled before turning to Alda and giving her a nod. "Alright, can you please take your shirt off?" She called as he walked herself back to the table unaware of the panic in Roman's eyes.

"Uh..." Alda hesitated in confusion as Roman's voice shook a bit. "Do I have to?"

"I have to paint the runes on you. And trust me when I say it'll be safe if it's off, you'll be convulsing from the pain." The sicking worry that filled everyone's eyes just over that one sentence was a shocker. "That being said I'd have the metal cuffs removed as well. When you're in the circle they won't be needed anyway." Roman simply glanced up at Remus who nodded and gestured to Janus. There was a snap and suddenly the cuffs fell to the floor only making Roman tear up again at it all. Yes, he was willingly putting himself in something that's far stronger than the cuffs but the fact that Remus didn't even fight it... that the cuffs were just off now... Roman sighed as he stared down at his shirt in thought before grimacing.

"Just... please don't say anything about it..." Alda frowned in confusion, glancing back only to pale as Roman stripped the shirt off with a very anxious look in his eyes. The scars that covered him were extensive and nasty. You could see how much the sight of them all tore at the gypsy. "As you can see... I've far too used to torture. I think I'll be ok with whatever you have planned... as long as I'm not alone."

"You won't be." Virgil whispered as Roman suddenly found himself melting over Virgil playing with his hair. He didn't even hear Virgil get closer but it was definitely helping to calm him down. The second Roman took his shirt off you could see the horror in the other's eyes. Remus just looked sad as he and Virgil already knew about the scaring but... Janus and Patton were in tears. Logan... Logan had rage in his eyes as he clenched his fists, yet all of them did as Roman asked and didn't say a thing about it.

"Are you sure you're ready?" Alda asked one more time before bringing over this bowl. "This won't go on easy. There's holy ash and sacred salt mixed into it." Roman tensed before just nodding against and grabbing Virgil's hand tightly. All Alda did was gesture behind them and already Roman knew this was it. Whatever came of this spell... it was going to affect everything. One way or another... whether Romulus stays forever... Or Roman does. Some part of him was going to die out.