The Best Kind Of Gift~ Pt. 4

TW~ Panic Attack, Disasosiation, Flashback/PTSD (I don't go into major detail but it happens so I'm still putting it in the triggers just in case.)

"Let's go in here." Kai called as he held the door open letting Roman and Virgil walk in. Roman glanced around seeing how full it was and grimaced as he shifted closer to Kai. "It's ok, Angel."

"There's a lot of people." Roman muttered anxiously, his eyes darting about as if expecting there to be danger. Kai just gave the angel a small smile as he wrapped his arm around him, watching as Roman's eyes shot over to his.

"Should we look somewhere else?" Roman frowned as he shook his head and forced himself to relax. "Are you sure? I know I don't mind at all and I'm certain neither would Virgil." 

"Of course not... If we need to find a less crowded place-..." Virgil started only for Roman to shake his head again. 

"I'll be fine. I just... If there's a lot of people, it makes it harder to protect you two." Virgil and Kai both shared a look before Kai just chuckled and started to lead Roman over to the hostess. "I am glad though."

"Oh?" Roman nodded as he fidgeted a bit in Kai's arms. 

"As much as I absolutely loved everything we've done today, it'll be nice to actually sit down and relax." Kai laughed as he nodded in agreement seeing how Roman's eyes sparkled the second he started laughing.

"I can see that. Just remember this isn't the end. We still have that sleepover." Kai could see the excitement in the other as Roman bounced on his feet.

"I can't wait!" Roman giggled as he rocked a bit. "I love sleepovers. The first one I ever had was with Virgil. Then we went over to Patton's and a sleepover there. Just imagine... A sleepover... with just you, Virgil, and me!" 

"I'm glad your so happy about it." Roman hummed as the two finally got through the line.

"How many?" The hostess called making Roman tense up a bit at the suddenness of it. He hadn't realized the line had moved so much. Kai just held him close letting Roman relax into him.

"Just three." Kai responded as he rubbed Roman's arms. "Um... Roman, booth or table?"

"Booth, please?" 

"No problem." The hostess smiled as she gestured with the menus in her hand. "Right this way please." Roman clung tight to Kai as the two were led back through these isles. It felt like forever before they were finally seated. The hostess handed out the menus, letting them know their waiter's name even though neither man could remember anything she had said, before leaving them on their own. Kai just laughed seeing the confusion in Roman's eyes, as he pulled his hoodie off. 

"So, Roman... Do you want to sit with Virgil or..."

"No." Roman mumbled as he just slid into one of the seats with this sad look in his eyes. "I-I'll just sit on my own."

"Are you sure? You don't have to-..."

"I'll sit on my own." Kai just sat down in the other booth, staring at the table as Roman avoided even looking up at him. The second ticked on almost unbearably before Kai finally sighed making Roman flinch.

"What's up, Angel?" Roman curled away as Kai spoke with a soft tone. "You seem upset about something. You've been pulling away all day. Well... Pulling away from me anyway. Should I have left at some point?"

"What, No." Roman whined as he finally looked up to see the sad look Kai had. "No. Why would you-..."

"I just figured with how you've been today... that maybe you just wanted to spend it more with Virgil than with the two of us. He is your mate so I understand. I just... I thought maybe I had overstayed my welcome." Roman quickly shook his head as he reached out and grabbed Kai's hand. "Ro, you keep pulling away."