48

"What..." 

"SUMMER!" Patton screeched with an excited giggle as he jumped about the group, cutting the very confused Roman off. Everyone laughed Patton just danced about. "It's summer. I'm so excited!" 

"Wait but... I'm confused." Roman laughed awkwardly as Virgil rolled his eyes playfully. "Summer doesn't start until the 20th." Everyone laughed at that only making Roman falter with a slight pout. Everyone except for Logan that is, whose eyes lit up a bit with a smile.

"Well, he isn't exactly wrong. The 20th of June is the summer solstice with marks the beginning of the summer season." Roman nodded with a slight gesture that clearly said thank you, while the other still just chuckled at the two. "However, Roman..." Logan continued making the demon snap up. "Patton was refusing to summer break. Which simply put is the time period we students have off from school during said summer season."

"OH! So that's why we don't have school until September? It's a special summer break?" Roman's eyes shined as he smiled and gently took Virgil's hand. "Well, whatever the reason, I'm just glad for the free time."

"Why?" Virgil teased slightly as Roman's eyes shimmered with joy.

"More time to spend with you, Flos." Fiona visibly tensed, her eyes filling with fear, as Virgil just laughed and wrapped his arms around the demon. 

"Oh? And what per se would we be doing during this... free time, hmm?" Roman rolled his eyes as he just shook his head.

"Whatever, you want to do... just as always."  Patton awed loudly over the two making Virgil laugh as Roman's eyes narrowed in confusion. He really didn't understand why everyone made some sort of reaction to how he and Virgil were with each other. What was so 'cute' or 'funny' about how they were? Roman was really confused. "Although, I will admit... this new information about break does have me intrigued." Roman giggled softly as he just lit up with excitement. "What exactly does one typically do on 'summer break'?" Virgil glanced over at Patton seeing the mischievous grin and he laughed with a nod.

"Camping?" Virgil offered with a smile as Patton bounced happily with a giggle.

"Camping! I already have the place set up!" Roman's eyes shot wide in awe as Patton fixed his bag around his shoulder better. "I rented out this cabin my parents had recommended. There a lake and trails... so much space... It's going to be fun!"

"Let me get this... accurate." Logan called out as he eyes Janus and Virgil respectively, to who he would have made a comment had he not chosen his wording correctly, before turning back to Patton. "You have already rented out this cabin under the assumption that we would all be free at the time you had chosen without any input from us at all about it." Patton just blinked as the air went silent, yet the bubbly one never faltered in his smile.

"How else am I going to make sure you all show up?" Patton laughed making Logan sigh with a slight smile. "You guys wouldn't possibly 'not' come when I already spent money on it... would you?"

"That... is highly manipulative, Pat." Janus teased, his eyes shimmering with pride. "I love it."

"Well, I'm sorry." Kai chuckled awkwardly as he smiled sadly over his own guilt. "I would love to join but... I'm actually heading out of the country come tomorrow. I'm going to England with my dad for the summer."

"Well, I'll join." Fiona beamed as he hugged her backstrap close. "I have to make sure this guy doesn't get into any trouble." She pointed over at Virgil with a teasing smile making the usually anxious one gasp playfully, only Roman couldn't help but feel that was a jab at him. Either she was saying Roman couldn't be counted on to protect Virgil or... Or she was saying Roman WAS the trouble and he really didn't know which one was worse.

"O-Okay." Roman gave a tense smile as he held Virgil's hand tighter. "Well, you all know I go wherever he goes so..."

"Oh, we are so going." Virgil cut in with a smile making Roman's face soften a bit. "I promised you I would take you camping. This isn't EXACTLY what I had in mind as it's a cabin and not a tent but..."

"We can still use a tent..." Roman pointed out as the others laughed. "I mean if theirs plenty of space like Patton said. Besides... you know I'd do whatever you want. I'm happy with anything, as long as you are."

"Again... AWE!" Patton squealed making Roman jump with this look of confusion. Kai just laughed as he waved them all off.

"Honestly you two..."

"What!" Roman pouted as everyone just laughed at him again, even Virgil who was trying to hide it with his hand. "No, seriously tell me!" Fiona just stood there with narrowed eyes, confusion filling her gaze, as Roman stomped his foot childishly. "You guys aren't funny. I don't know why your laughing."

"Don't worry about it, Ro." Virgil chuckled softly seeing how Roman just deflated with a very defeated nod. It wasn't really Roman's fault. He didn't exactly understand that his and Virgil's relationship wasn't entirely platonic anymore. He just did what felt natural to him... just as Virgil did. "But I think for your first time camping it might be better to utilize the cabin. You know... Since it has a bathroom and all that... and bed."

"If that's what you want, Flos." Roman lulled instantly turning his attention back to Virgil with a soft look in his eyes.

"When is this trip happening?" Fiona cut in with the sudden sound of her clearing her throat, jarring everyone's attention to her. "I mean... When are we supposed to start packing?"

"Well I figured you guys wouldn't have made any real plans this early into the summer since it just ended an all so..." Patton chuckled awkwardly as he rocking on his heels a bit. "I book it for a next week. We check in this Saturday and leave next Sunday."

"Perfect." Roman beamed as he bounced with excitement making Virgil laughed. Fiona just smiled as she glared the demon down.

"Yea... Perfect."