76

TW~ Romulus, blood, Panic Attack

"WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING, VIRGIL?!" Remus screamed the second they got back to the control room. "I told you we had this. You weren't supposed to go anywhere near him!"

"Oh, because hearing the love of your life literally BEGGING you telepathically to come SAVE him, is you having this." Remus's completely shut down as Virgil just sighed and shook his head. "You don't seem to understand what's going on here. Have you even properly spoke to him since he's woken up?"

"We tried." Patton cut in seeing how Remus was trying to pull away the situation. "He wouldn't answer our questions... just kept threatening us."

"And there he goes again." Remus whimpered making everyone turn back to the screen to see Roman fully freaking out, things flying around as Remus muted the video. "We don't know what else to do Virgil. There isn't anything else we CAN do. This is Romulus we're talking about."

"Does that look like the Prince you all are so frightened about?" Virgil pointed to the screen seeing the blackened tears falling from his love's eyes. Already he could hear Roman begging him to help him... to come back. It was agonizing to ignore. "Roman is a very troubled... Traumatized man, Remus. He only JUST got to start properly grieving over his own death."

"We can't risk everyone's safety-..."

"I'm not asking you to sick him on the world, I'm asking that you let me help." Virgil hugged his hoodie tighter around him as he tried to block out Roman's whispers in his mind.

"Remus..." Janus hesitated for a second before taking a deep breath and just nodding to himself. "I think we should let him."

"WHAT?!"

"Think about it." Janus quickly cut back in seeing how completely stunned Remus was as he had yelled out. "Patton goes in there and gets nothing. All Romulus does is threaten him and beg for Virgil. Virgil goes in there and there was an instant change. Roman's talking, he's much calmer, happier-..."

"Yea! Happy over the idea of ripping people's guts out."

"Technically, it was pulling peoples teeth out but-..." Virgil teased a bit only making Remus's face just drop. "He's not going to talk to any of you and keeping me away from him is only making him worse. He won't hurt me... CAN'T hurt me. There is literally no reason for you to separate us."

"I'm doing it for your safety." Remus tried, but the look on Virgil's face made it quite clear he wasn't going to win. "Virgil, please. I understand your thoughts but you don't know Romulus. We all tried to keep you from that. Roman himself didn't want you to know anything about Romulus. Please... You can't trust him."

"Right now, I trust him more than anyone else in this room." The room went silent as Virgil spoke as softly as he could. "And you know why that is too. Please, Remus... Roman needs me-..." 

"SHIT!" Everyone screamed as this loud interference suddenly came through the speaker. Remus was up within seconds trying to fix everything but Virgil's eyes were solely on the glitching video. Roman sat there in the chair, eyes black yet completely devoid of everything. He sat still and unmoving, unable to breathe or even blink. The whispers had all but gone silent. The only thing indicating what was happening was the magic fluxes that tore through literally everything. Virgil could see as blood had started to pool under the chair and his heart lurched.

"Damn it, Roman!" Virgil went to run for him only for Janus to hold him back. "HE'S HAVING A PANIC ATTACK! LET ME GO!" They all just looked at each other for a second before Virgil finally ran out of the room the second Janus's grip lessened.

"ROMAN!" Virgil pushed the door open only for Remus to quickly push him to the side, throwing up a metal plate to catch all the surgical knife flying at them. Virgil whined as he carefully crawled to his love, blood painting his hands from the pool he had to go through. "R-Ro? Come on, Love. Breathe for me." There was a second but Virgil smiled noticing the very choked breathing Roman forced himself to make. "Good boy. That's very good. It's going to be ok." Virgil swallowed his own panic as he stopped right there in front of his breaking demon. Roman's head tilted just a bit for Virgil to know Roman had focused in on him. "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. Relax for me." Roman's literally melted into the chair as everything crashed back to the floor. He whined as he desperately tried to get to him despite the chains. "Ro. Ro... Stop." Roman growled has was forced to go still. Even still he didn't stop trying to flex out his fingers wanting Virgil in his arms.

"I-Ignis..." Roman was breathless as his head rolled to the side a bit just to see him better. "Please... Please?"

"Please what? You have to talk to me, Love." 

"Get me out of these chains." Virgil frowned as the black left Roman's eyes, only to reveal the pain that filled them so fully. "I can't be stuck here. I... I can't... please get them off."

"You can't listen to hi-..." A knife went flying at Remus only for the hunter to grab it out of mid-air with a startled huff. "Virgil?"

"You can't do that," Roman whined, a pout to his lips as Virgil shook his head. "If you want out you can't be hurting people. This is why you're in them in the first place, Love. Hurting people is bad."

"It's all I know." Roman deflated a bit as Virgil gently pushed his hair back. "It's all I know, Ignis. Death... torture... Pain. So much pain. It's fun getting others to feel it for once. I told you. I can make people sing for you. You'd enjoy it."

"No. Romulus." Roman groaned but still tried to get to him, becoming more frantic as the second went on. "Ro.. Stop please. Just tell me what's going on with yo-..."

"I need you." Roman's eyes flashed green making everyone falter at the soft tone the demon had. "I need you, Flos. I'm... I'm so scared. I can't do this... Please. Please don't leave me." Roman's head twitched as he started to pant. "Can't... don't... Please..." Roman growled as his eyes flashed black again. "You are not allowed to leave me. Never again." 

"We need to fix your soul." Roman smiled softly as he leaned into Virgil's touch.

"I'm not going anywhere, Mi Amor. So please... don't leave me like this."