64

"Wait, what?" Roman whined as he nodded, letting Virgil sit him down in one of the chairs beside the. Remus was just completely stunned. "What do you mean?"

"I mean the boy I keep dreaming about is me... before all this." Roman's voice came out hoarse and strained as he cried not wanting Virgil to let him go at all, even as the human knelt down in front of him holding his arms as to give him some space. "I... I made a deal with a demon and sold my soul."

"That's inpossible though." Roman laughed as he shot Remus this look making him crash under everything. "It just doesn't make sense."

"Tell that to the memories. Is it the new soul? No..." Roman groaned as he hid his head in his hands. "If it was just having a soul again that triggered it I would have been having these dreams before now. Why... Why is my mind suddenly trying to make me remember it all?"

"I still don't understand how this is possible." Remus cut in with a frown. "Yes, the most common way for a demon to be made is through the act of selling their soul." Remus crashed into his own chair with this look of disbelieve and horror. "But you aren't just some demon... You're one of the Great Demon Princes..."

"I know." Roman growled out through the pain as his body trembled. "I know that."

"Why is that important?" Virgil whispered as his eyes darted between the two. Unlike nearly everyone in his group, he didn't have a clue about demons or other occult for that matter. This was all new news for him. "Why does him being a prince mean it doesn't work?"

"There are several ways for a demon to be made." Roman just sat there staring off at nothing in complete silence as he let Remus try to explain it. He just didn't want to talk. His mind was falling fast under all the flashbacks. "And just as with every race of occult... there are ranks. Lower-class demons are the ones that started off human. They're the ones that either sold their soul or went to hell because they had an evil soul. Those who sold them typically are tortured..." Roman's eyes flashed as he suddenly shifted to place a hand to his chest not liking the memories of the warehouse he had gotten from that. "...until there's nothing. Then they would be forced to do it to other souls... making them demons. Mid-class are the pure demons, the ones that are born from other demons... Or even fallen angels. It's rare but it has happened. And then... Then there are the ones like Roman or... Romulus." Roman's eyes darted up to see how the two were staring at him and he sighed as he shrugged.

"Demon Princes are nothing but pure and complete darkness. They are the strongest of all demons because they were created by all this evil condensing into itself during some sort of event. They're nothing but evil intention. That's why they have so much power, or symbolize and incite things. For example... The four horseman of the appolispe as you all call them are actually Demon Princes. Plague was create when mass amounts of people died due to illness. Now they incite it where ever they go. They're all the same. Every prince out there... They were created by something." Roman choked on his worlds as he curled up against himself. "I'm the Demon prince of insanity. I never... I never knew what it was that made me, just that I incited chaos and destruction where ever I went. Full psychotic breaks... Mass cult suicides or murders... I hadn't done any of that for a VERY long time but... There were a few from way way in the past that were because of my influence."

"But what your saying is... You're an tortured human..." Roman nodded as Remus shrugged making Virgil's heart just drop. "But your also a prince... the strongest prince."

"I'm only the strongest because I didn't care about anything or anyone. I would mawl other demons to bits just for a little fun. Like I said... Insane." Roman hissed as he dug his fingers into his arms. "I just don't get it. How could I have been human?"

"Maybe..." Virgil hesitated slightly catching both the others attention. "Maybe THAT'S your issue with soul deals?" Roman's eyes shot wide as Virgil laughed a bit sadly. "I mean... You said it yourself even back then you never made one. Granted you said you couldn't find the point in it... that it was more fun to own their bodies but... It was obvious you had some sort of an issue with it."

"I never made soul deals. Never have... never will." Roman repeated as he stared down at nothing.

"What I'm saying is maybe some part of you DID remember what happened and even though you would be the demon this time... couldn't make another soul deal. It would make sense." Roman smiled a bit as he nodded.

"Yeah. It kind of does. I wish it changed anything though. In the end I still made one... and Romulus was still created." Roman shook his head as his tears slowly built up in his eyes. "I just don't know why I would have made the deal in the first place."

"Papa, I'm home!" Roman called out as he gently put his shoes over in the small spot by the door. "I got you your medicine!" He slowly pushed open the bedroom door to see his father lying there in bed and he sighed. "Hola, Papa."

"Roman?" Roman smiled with a nod as he gently pulled the blankets up enough to make sure his father stayed warm. "What... what's going on?"

"I got you your medicine."  He ended up having to work himself till he was sick doing odd jobs that a teenager who barely ate probably shouldn't have been doing but... he managed to earn enough money to get it and that was enough for him. He helped his father upright so he could give it to him only to have to stop and quickly hand him his old rag to cough in. "It's ok, Papa." Roman frowned seeing the blood that covered the rag as he placed it back on the counter. "Here." He handed over a small cup, helping the man to drink, before stepping back to see his father just lean there against the head board seemly dead to the world. "Don't worry, Papa. You're going to get better. I'll make sure I can keep getting your medicine."  Roman watched as his fathers eyes slipped shut and he crashed feeling pathetic over not being able to save his father. "You're going to get better, Papa. I promise."