69

TW~ Blood, Torture, Pain, Gore

Virgil stood there at the stove feeling the chill in the air. He sighed as he peeked back over at Roman who was just sitting there at the table, eyes blank and unseeing. Virgil just didn't know how to help his love and that broke his heart. He flipped the omelet before turning back to the homefries, as he forced himself not to cry. Things were bad, yes... but they weren't irreparable. Things were going to get better. Virgil just didn't know how to get to that point.

"Here you go, love." Roman blinked out of his head as Virgil set a plate in front of him before sitting across from him with a very soft and supportive smile. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine." Roman lied, as he just stared at the food before him, making Virgil's eyes soften even more in concern. "Why'd you make me food?" 

"Because it's 7 in the morning." Roman's eyes widened as he turned to the stove clock to see the time only to crash and fall back into himself.

"Oh. Right... breakfast. Thank you... I guess." Roman hesitantly picked up his fork, prodding at the omelet with this dazed expression. Virgil could tell his demon wasn't really there at the moment. Even still he didn't push, Virgil simply ate his own food letting the world filter away into a silence. 

Roman blinked, his mind drowning in memories from after his death. He could feel his skin getting torn, and ripped from his body. He could feel as all these spikes were driven into his arms and legs setting jets of flames and agony through his nerves.

He suddenly jerked, dropping his fork and creating a loud clatter that made Virgil jump, as he started to freeze up, his lungs refusing to fill with air. He heard the chains in his head, each and every shift his broken and mangled body made. Laughter filled the air as tears spilled endlessly. He begged. He had pleaded and broken down, begging them to let him go... to let him get back home. He was in agony. He just wanted it all to end but all they ever did was laugh at him. 

Eventually, even that ended, slipping into that numbness he often did to protect himself. He could physically hear as they dragged these knives down his skin, separating his muscles and tissues as if butter. He felt the burn of each drag as he screamed out. But screaming only egged them on... Silence pissed them off. There was nothing Roman could do to stop it. They just kept getting worse. IT NEVER ENDED. Every second of every day sent more pain than the last. Why wouldn't it ever end? Why...

"Why would anyone do that to a child?" Virgil stopped short at the breaks in Roman's choked tone. The demon laughed through the tears as he gripped his hair, his body twitching under the phantom pain from his memories. "I was 16... 16 when I died. It hadn't even been a year since I made the deal. 16 and I had demons tearing me apart for decades."

"Ro-..."

"Well... Not exactly. Time works differently in hell. I don't really know how long it was but... it felt like forever. Just chained up screaming forever..." Virgil pushed his chair back as Roman whimpered with an obvious shiver. "No wonder I went insane." He whispered out as Virgil carefully moved to kneel down beside him, the demon's eyes never leaving the table, as if only able to see the memories before him and nothing else. "Demon Prince of Insanity, gore, and death... What else would you become when pain becomes all you ever know." Virgil gently took the other's hands, stopping Roman from pulling at his hair, as he got him to look at him. Roman completely broke as Virgil just smiled at him. "Flos... I figured it out." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Roman squeezed his eyes shut, making more tears gather down his flushed cheeks. "The event that made me... Why I'm suddenly remembering it all... Torture... I was tortured."

"Roman, it's going to be ok."

"Virgil they ripped my soul apart!" Virgil jumped in shock as Roman magic burst out make the world come alive with this heat. "They took the soul of a 16-year-old boy and ripped it apart until there was nothing there. I forgot EVERYTHING. All I knew was pain, blood... violence... gore. The event was my own torture. The thing that made me a Demon prince... was my own destruction. Romulus was made... because Roman ceased to exist. They didn't just make a demon out of me, Virgil. The... They corrupted me in a way... I just don't understand. I knew nothing but agony and pain. I'm a monster. They turned me into a monster, Virgil."

"Hey... Remember your sister." Virgil cut in seeing how Roman's eyes were turning black. "She loved you. You cared for her. ROMAN isn't a monster." Roman snapped, pulling his arms back only for Virgil to grip his arm tightly so he couldn't pull away. "Roman, please. Remember her-..."

"I ABANDONED HER!" Roman yelled sending another blast of magic through the room and all the cabinets burst open from the force. The pure broken misery that Roman had in his eyes tore Virgil apart. "I abandoned her, Virgil. I died. I died and left her alone with our pathetic monster of a father. A father I SAVED by selling my soul."

"Roman, breathe." Roman ripped his arms free as he practically threw his chair back, making Virgil fumble forward onto his hands. 

"I left her alone with that fucker. I promised her I would care for her forever and I FUCKING LEFT HER!" Roman sobbed out as Virgil sighed, carefully getting to his feet. He hesitantly placed a hand to the demon's own, making Roman jump only to throw himself into his human. "I left her, Virgil. I... I died and left her." Virgil didn't say anything as he let Roman cry into his chest. "Papa... Papa killed me. He... I gave up my soul to save him and he... he killed me."

"You saved a man's life, Roman." Roman tensed as Virgil gently rubbed his back, whispered as softly as he could. "A man that didn't earn it, let alone deserve it but... You still made the choice to look past that to save him. You cared enough to try to save his life. You gave up something so precious of yourself for him. And not just him... You stood in the way of your sister. You protected her. You saved her as well, giving up your life for hers. That sort of selflessness-..."

"Selflessness is an angel's trait, not a fucking demon's!" Roman snapped with a growl, despite only burring himself more into his love, far too desperate for contact than to try and escape it.

"You're only a demon because you sold your soul." Roman went completely ridged as the truth of it all stabbed him in the heart. "You are only like this because you made that deal. Roman-..." Virgil never got to finish his statement. As soon as he started Roman broke down, losing all the strength he had, making Virgil have to hold him while the demon sobbed endlessly into him. Endless mutterings of broken pleads and questions spilled from Roman's lips. Questions of 'why' and 'how could I leave her' never stopped filling the air as Virgil rubbed his back and turned to comfort rather than reassurance. Roman didn't need words right now... he needed to feel. Contact was what got through to the demon. "It's going to be ok, Ro. I've got you."

Broken Planchette ~ PrinxietyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara