14

(TW~ Violence, blood)

"It's three in the morning and I'm walking to god knows where." Virgil grumbled as he kicked a rock. "This is why you're supposed to just drink some water and go to bed."

"Why did I go to the store anyway?!" Virgil rolled his eyes as he held his bag tightly. It doesn't matter in the long run. He had gone and that was that. It was better to just get home and go back to sleep. It's not like he had school in the morning anyway.

"Oh looky here boys." Virgil tensed as his eyes looked back to find some kids from school drunk off their asses. This wasn't going to end well. Just ignore them and get home. "What's the emo doing so late at night? Were you walking the cemetery?"

"Considering it's a four-hour walk from my house... no. I was not." Virgil sighed as he shook his head and just kept on walking.

"So tell us Emo. What were you doing?" Virgil froze as a couple of boys cut off his escape. He didn't even know any of their names, just passing faces in the hall.  Virgil swallowed his anxiety as he looked around to see he was surrounded. "Were you... going home after beating up some more jocks?"

"What?" Someone grabbed his arms holding him back and making him crash with an intense sense of Deja vu that made his gut twist. He'd been like this before. He's been held back like this. Let him go. LET HIM GO! One of the boys leaned in with a very vile smirk as he scoffed at the fear he saw.

"Derek, Will, the whole gang..." Virgil's eyes narrowed as he struggled to breathe. "They're all in the hospital."

"Wait..."

"They're all in the hospital with varying injuries after inviting you to their gathering. Now, why is that?" Virgil cried out as the guy punched him in the face aggravating the injuries already there. "Why is it that they're in the hospital and you're not?" Another punch and Virgil found himself tasting blood as it filled his mouth. Another and his was covered in blood from the reopened abrasion above it and the world tilted. "You're pathetic. So tell me, Emo. How did you do it?"

"He didn't." Virgil froze as that familiar voice filled his ears. Next thing he knew Roman was standing in front of him, the main asshole on the ground whining from a broken nose as the others quickly all stepped back in fear. Roman growled as his glowing red eyes darted about the crowd, standing protectively in front of Virgil who was disoriented and dazed. "I suggest you all return home... before I get angry."

"And what are you going to do..." The guy gasped and fell silent as Roman throat chopped him making him lose any air he had.

"Am I going to have to repeat myself?" The whole crowd seemed to give each other this apprehensive look as quite a few shook their heads. Unfortunately, not all of them understood that they should have been afraid. 

"Fuck you, you rich prick!" Roman took a step forward, time slowing down around him as several boys all ran at him. He took everything in trying to figure out the best way to win this that wouldn't kill them or either hurt or scare Virgil. The problem was... Virgil wasn't to stable on his feet right now which meant Roman had to end this fast. Roman shifted to the side grabbing one of their arms and literally throwing him into another before dodging a punch and sidestepping out of the way. He grabbed the dudes hair pulling him back enough to drive his elbow into the kid's chest. 

"R-Ro..." Roman whipped around to see Virgil swaying more and Roman smiled softly.

"It's ok, Virgil." Roman quickly dodged another punch tripping the guy and making him fall to his face. "I'll get you out of here."

"I don't think so..." Roman had his hand wrapped around the kid's throat, fangs bared and eyes glowing, as he cut the kid off. "W-What are you?"

"I'm the one that going to send you the hospital to join your friends if you don't leave well enough alone." Roman smirked deviously as he squeezed the kid's neck just a bit tighter to cut his air off. "If another one of you fuckers come after Virgil I will personally send all of your asses to burn in hell. Do you understand me?" The kid glared at him in an obvious final attempt to show confidence but that all melted as Roman let out a puff of black smoke from his mouth making his red eyes look just as demonic as he truly was. "I said do you understand me."

"Yes, sir."

"Sir? Really?" Roman growled as he threw the kid down no problem and just rolled his eyes. "I'd start running!" Roman watched with disdain as he watched all of them scramble away, some going to help the injured ones as they all ran away. "Good. Now..." Roman turned around just in time to see Virgil's eyes roll back and he snapped. "VIRGIL!"

"I'm ok, Jesus." Roman frowned as Virgil chuckled softly. Roman had carried him back to his house which was much closer then Virgil's. Part of the way, Virgil had woken back up with a muted start only serving to concern the demon more. By now he was at least awake enough to try to stop him from helping. "Roman, seriously, stop."

"No can do, Virgil." Roman smiled softly as he gently pressed the wet cloth to Virgil's open injuries. It wasn't that long ago he was been doing this the first time. Although, Virgil was passed out them. Virgil grumbled as Roman focused on cleaning all the cuts off. "What were you even doing outside at 3 in the morning?"

"You do realize that I am but one person out of the ENTIRE crowd you just scared off?" Roman frowned as Virgil once again waved his hand off trying to stop him. Obviously Roman didn't listen. "Including you. What were you doing up?"

"I think its called a nightmare." Virgil's eyes went wide as Roman just shrugged. "I went for a walk to clear my head." 

"Do... Do you have them often?" Roman's eyes darkened as Virgil finally stopped fussing.

"No. Then again... I don't sleep enough to have them." Virgil's expression fell as Roman brushed his hair back just to make sure he got all of it off him. "There. That should be good."

"Thank you, Roman."

"Hey, don't mention it. We're friends." Virgil tensed as Roman just laughed softly. "Why don't you take my bed tonight? I don't want you walking home after everything that happened. I'll have Tho-... Dad drive you home in the morning if you want."

"But what about..." Roman just shook his head as his eyes fell. 

"I don't think I'm going to sleep anytime soon. But you really should... so go on, Virgil. It'll be ok."