"Hey, Virgil." Virgil growled as that familiar voice caught his attention. His eyes darted up to see Roman standing there with a soft smile and an anxious look in his eyes. "I was just saying hi."

"I told you to leave me alone." Roman's smile fell and his hand twitched slightly. "Why are you trying so hard anyway?"

"I want to be friends."

"Why?" Roman frowned as Virgil just rolled his eyes. "Seriously, Roman, just stop."

"I can't do that." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Roman sighed. "I can't... stop, Virgil. I won't... But, I will give you some space. So... I'll just say hello and leave you be for now."

"You make no fucking sense." Roman sighed as he just nodded and walked off. Virgil laid his head down on the desk. His mind was in a tumble over everything. Mainly over Roman... Well, Roman and the night prior. He just couldn't stop thinking about it. What happened? 

He remembered getting beaten up. He remembered the spirit board. He remembered... He... He didn't know what he remembered. Virgil sighed as he sat up and placed his head in his hands, eyes slipping shut as he tried to work through his thoughts. He just didn't know what to think.

He could faintly remember this...voice. He couldn't tell you what it sounded like or what it said, but it was there... just outside his grasp in the back of his mind. Virgil flinched as his mind flashed to that first punch. His gut twisted in fear as his mid spiraled with thought.

Why did he go? Why did he accept it? Those men were assholes. Sure no one ever physically bullied him before but they had still proven to hate him. He should have known something was wrong. He ALWAYS assumes it... So why did he agree? Why did he just go along with it all?

Even worse, when Will took out the board, he should have left. He should have come up with some excuse and walked out the door. No instead he let himself get peer pressured into it. Oh shit... Virgil whimpered silently as his mind played through on repeat. He never said goodbye. He knew damn well to never take his hand off until he's said goodbye but... He didn't. He just chuckled the planchette and broke it. What if he was cursed now? What if he was haunted? What if that demon was real?!

"Virgil, calm down." Virgil flinched badly as this voice filled his head. He was in such a panic he couldn't tell you if it was in his mind or outside it. He couldn't even tell you who it sounded like. He was just lost to his thoughts. "It's ok. You're ok, Virgil. Try to breathe. Can you do that for me? Can you breathe?" Virgil shook his head although barely notable in his curled upstate. The teacher just droned on in the background oblivious to the student having an attack right there in front of him. "Virgil..."

"VIRGIL REED!" Virgil jumped up eyes wide at the sudden sound of his teacher glared over at him. "Is my lecture on important American history boring you?"

"N-No, Sir." Virgil shook as he gripped the ends of his jacket tightly. He could feel the tears pricking at his eyes. 

"Oh, really?" His teacher, Mr. Darren, just shook his head as he crossed his arms. "Because it looked as if you were just sleeping in my class?"

"N-No I..." Virgil tensed up as curled into himself hearing the snickering from his fellow classmates. "I'm sorry."

"I won't tolerate..." Mr. Darren's voice trailer off as this blank look filled his eyes. Virgil frowned as he glanced up just in time to see the teacher's eyes flash red. "... you being sick. You're not looking that well. Are you ok?"

"Wait, what?" The whole class just went silent at the sudden change. Mr. Darren's eyes still held that red as Virgil glanced around at everyone. The only one not staring at the teacher in shock... was Roman, who was instead looking very angry. Virgil's eyes narrowed noticing how his eyes also looked red, which didn't make sense considering they were green.

"If you need to I can write you a pass to the nurses."

"No." Virgil quickly responded as he shook his head focusing in on his notebook. "I'm ok. I'm sorry."

"That is quite alright. Just try to focus a bit more, ok?" Virgil nodded as the teacher slowly turned back to his lecture, the red in his eyes fading away with every second. Roman just sat there in the back glaring daggers into his back. How dare he... Roman groaned as he tried to calm himself down. 

How dare that... that... that fucker treat Virgil in such a way? He was clearly panicking. Roman had tried to help him but it didn't seem to be doing anything and of course... that man had to make it all worse by treating him like this... he honestly couldn't get his thoughts into words. He was just really angry... angry and concerned. Virgil had been spiraling over yesterday, Roman knew that. He could hear it. It actually hurt to see Virgil so scared. It was his job to take all his fears away... the make him feel safe. Roman was starting to wonder if that was even possible. 

Virgil just wouldn't talk with him. He wouldn't interact. Anytime Roman tried he got told to leave. Then without any provocation, Virgil started to have an attack over last night. Bullies, mean teachers, loneliness... those are things Roman knew how to fix. But how is a person, demon or otherwise, supposed to fight with the nightmares in your own mind.

Roman was at a loss and seeing that poor kid curled up and struggling just to stay out of his own mind, it actually hurt him. This was all so new to the demon. Everything Roman did was a choice based around things he had no prior knowledge about. He was just trying to do his job but...

"How do I help you, Virgil?" He guessed possessing the teacher to get off the kids back was a start. It wasn't much but it did help reroute the situation a bit. Plus convincing Patton to try being friends with Virgil might also be good. Like I said... Roman could handle getting the bullies off Virgil's back. He can stop the teachers and adults from being assholes. He can help bring people to Virgil and start to turn his life around. He's a demon there isn't much he couldn't do or haven't done in regards to making wishes come true. He even helped a man become the richest person around... at least in that era. Things have changed now. Regardless, he's done it. This... This is about protecting a man from not only the outside world but that which is in his own head. He had no clue where to start.

"Ok, class, that's it for today. Homework is on the board. It's due Monday, please do not forget."