47

TW~ PTSD Panic attack, Blood, self-hate and deprication

"Roman? Roman, It's ok... Hey!" Roman completely fell to the ground of the bathroom as he frantically tried to wipe the blood off his hands only to panic more as his mind forced him to see his entire body covered in it. Virgil just didn't know how to help.

"Get it off... Please. Please get it off." Roman cried as he squeezed his eyes shut unable to look at it anymore, shaking his hands about as if that would get it off of him. 

"I don't... I-I don't know what's wrong." Virgil deflated as he let his hands slip to the floor. He felt pathetic. He couldn't even help his demon when he was clearly panicking. "Roman, You have to tell me what's wrong."

"JUST GET IT OFF!" Roman yelled out as his magic flurried around them causing all the stalls to slam open and the lights to flicker. "I hate it. I hate it. G-Get it off. No. No. No. NO!" Roman's hands went to his hair as he just screamed out in pure terror. "I'm not him. I'm not him. I'm not..."

"Kiddo?" The bathroom door creaked open making Virgil panic only to see Patton with this sad look in his eyes. One look at Roman and his heart just dropped as he slowly closed the door back up and magically forced it to lock. "I'm here to help."

"Please?" Virgil whimpered as he gestured to the broken demon. "I-I don't kn-now what wrong."

"No. No. No." Roman muttered endlessly as he rocked back and forth just gripping his hair. Patton smiled sadly as he knelt down beside Virgil with glowing silver eyes. 

"Virgil, Do I have your permission to use my magic on your demon?" Virgil frowned in conversion as Patton just pointed at the bond mark he had on his wrist. "That means that Roman belongs to you. As such, I need your permission if I want to use my magic."

"What magic?" Virgil tensed, his eyes filled with desperation despite the protective expression he had.

"I'm a psychological witch. My magic lies in the mind and of emotions. I can help him but I need your permission to." Virgil relaxed as his tears only fell harder seeing how completely broken his demon was. 

"Please? Do whatever you have to just... help, Roman." Patton smiled as he nodded, his silver eyes glowing even brighter. He placed his hand on the demon's shoulder making Roman suddenly jerk up with scorching red eyes. Patton's magic flashed revealing exactly what Roman was seeing to him and his heart completely shattered for him.

"Virgil, get some paper towels and wet for me... as quickly as you can."

"Y-Yea... ok." Roman's eyes darted from Virgil to Patton before he just whimpered and stared at his shaking hands. 

"It's going to be ok, Roman." Patton spoke softly as he gently rubbed the other's shoulder, not that he needed to continuously touch him. Roman simply needed something to help ground him. "I'm going to help you."

"G-Get it o-off." Roman just sat there in tears as he held his hands out with this broken expression. "P-Please."

"I will. I promise."

"Here." Virgil quickly handed it over as Patton smiled and held it up for Roman to see. His eyes flashed brightly as he spelled the cloth to affect Roman's panic-induced delusion. Roman's eyes widened as he felt Patton's magic surge and he tensed up.

"This is going to get rid of all that nasty red ok?" Virgil's eyes narrowed in confusion since he couldn't see what the others were, but Roman just crashed in desperation. "Can I have your arm?" Roman practically thrust it out just wanting all the blood to get off of him.

"Please. Please..." Roman muttered as Patton gently wiped the clothe down his arm making the demon's eyes light up. "More... More. Please." Virgil was honestly completely helpless. He sighed softly as he moved to sit properly on the floor, a small yet sad smile on his face as he watched Patton work. Already he could see how Roman was relaxing as Patton wiped him down. Whatever the witch was doing was working and that's all that really mattered. "Thank you." Roman whimpered as he held his arm up seeing all the red gone as Patton moved to the other. Roman's eyes darted to Virgil as he reached out, desperate for contact. Virgil just smiled as he carefully let his fingered intertwine with his. "I'm sorry." Roman muttered, choking only a bit on the apology as Virgil sat down beside him, letting him lean his head against him while Patton continued to get everything off of him. "I just..." Patton blinked letting his magic take over canceling out the delusion completely now that Roman was brought back enough to not snap over the sudden change. Roman smiled feeling that sudden surge as he let out a relaxed breath. "Thank you, Padre."

"It was no problem, Kiddo. I'm just glad I could help." Virgil's eyes darkened only to falter as Roman nuzzled into him, grabbing his hands lightly. Patton smiled softly as he nodded to the human, who was just a bit confused. "I'll let Virgil take care of the rest."

"Take care of... Patton?" Virgil just at there blinking as the witch walked out of the room leaving them on their own. "Roman?"

"Just hold me... please?" Virgil wrapped his arms around him pulling him in as close as he could as Roman smiled sadly. "I'm sorry. I just... I-I couldn't... I don't like blood." Virgil's eyes darkened as Roman whispered against his chest. "It was all I could see. I was covered. I... I couldn't... All I could think was I must have done something and my thoughts drowned me... I'm sorry."

"Shh. It's ok." Roman whimpered as Virgil just held him protectively. "I'm not going anywhere, Roman."

"I'm sorry."

"I know." Virgil sighed softly as stared down at the other who just starting off with a blank expression. He could tell... Roman was lost in his memories. This attack... This attack set him back badly. He really didn't know how long it would take Roman to recover. "It's going to be ok."

"I really can't change can I?"

"Ro-..." Roman just shook his head making Virgil stop short with tears in his eyes.

"I'm always going to be a demon... and there's nothing I can do to change that. No matter how much I want to... I will always be Romulus deep down."

"Roman, that isn't true." Roman just smiled, his eyes holding no luster at all.

"One of these day's I'm going to hurt you..." Virgil faltered over the pain in Roman's voice. He knew it wasn't true. He knew the type of person Roman was. Unfortunately, Roman didn't and that worried him greatly. "Why are you so protective of me? I'm not safe... I'm not a good person. I'm not worth the effort." Roman's eyes dimmed even more till those red eyes practically looked brown. "I'm only going to end up hurting you. It's all I'm good for."

"You're my best friend Roman. My friend..." Roman's eyes slipped shut as Virgil tried to hold back his tears. "And even if you don't see it... I know you have a soul. You aren't just some demon."

"A soul?" Roman laughed as he shook his head. "You forget, Flos... Demon's don't have souls."