15

"Good morning, Roman." Roman smiled as he turned back to see Thomas sleepily rubbing his eyes and he stumbled along. "Whatcha doing?"

"Just watching tv. I found this channel and I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet." Thomas giggled as the demon when back to show. Ironically it was a rerun of supernatural. "They've got demons which is actually kind of cool. Every book I've read never had demons before." Roman smiled a bit wider as he watched this demon start kicking everyone ass. "They actually got somethings right. Like the devil's trap and how we possess people for a body." Thomas froze up as Roman just watched the screen in wonder. I may have been watching it for several hours now."

"Uh, Ro..."

"Die, Demon Bitch!" Remus screamed out as he jumped over the back of the couch Smacking Roman hard with a foam mace that actually really freaking hurt Roman. Roman gasped at the sudden pain as he keeled over with this throb in the head.

"REMUS!" Roman just laid there, the room spinning as Remus stood over him resting his toy mace against his shoulder with a look of pride.

"Not so tuff are you mister demon skank?" Roman grumbled as Remus just laughed and held his mace up to hit him again. Roman flinched putting up a guard making the other hesitate just enough to let Thomas yank it away from behind. 

"Remus, knock it... Hey, wait. This is foam." Roman groaned in pain as he rolled over and tried to push himself up. "How did it..."

"You won't let me have any real weapons... So I have to make my own. Give me my mace back to I can kill this  fucking..." Roman's eyes flashed as he flicked his wrist sending the mace flying out of the room. "HEY!"

"Can you stop trying to kill me already? It fucking hurts ok? And I'd rather not lose this damn body do if you could..." Remus's only response to that was pulling out a water gun and smiling. "God I hate hunters."

"Says the demon bitch from hell..."

"Actually, from a planchette. Now..." Roman growled as he bared his claws. "Fucking leave me alone."

"Nope." Remus went to fire only for his gun to get thrown just like his mace and he yelled. "That's not fair. That's not fair! You have powers and I'm stuck with crappy homemade weapons."

"That still hurt. They maybe homemade but you still know what you're fucking doing, Damn!" Roman groaned as he ran a hand through his head and sighed. "What did you do to get the mace to hurt anyway?"

"I had it sit in holy water for a long time and then let it dry before carving runes in it and putting sacred salt in the paint I used." Roman's eyes went wide as Remus beamed. "Plus I used special wood that my cousin told me can kill you to so..."

"You're crafty. I don't think I've ever met a hunter who made his own weapons before." Remus's eyes narrowed as Roman just sat there with a faraway look. "No. No, they didn't. They just used the typical holy water and exorcisms."

"Yeah well, I would rather kill you." Roman just crashed with annoyance as Remus glared at him. "You can't possess me thanks to the tattoo but my idiot father on the other hand..." Thomas yelled out a hey as Roman just shook his head. 

"I don't want to give up this body. I thought I said that." Remus frowned as Roman slowly got up and stretched. "Now if you'll excuse me, I actually have a guest over. And by the feeling of things, he just woke up."

"WAIT, WHAT?!" Roman just ignored the kid screams as he focused solely on the sudden panic he felt coursing through him. He could tell what was wrong. Virgil had woken up in a room he didn't recognize and started to panic over everything that's happened over the past two days. Roman honestly could help but feel bad for his charge. It's only been two day's and he's suffering so much. 

"Virgil?" Roman slowly opened the door, knocking as softly as he could, as he walking in with a comforting smile. "Are you up?"

"R-Roman-n?" Roman nodded as he carefully made his way to the bed seeing  Virgil all curled up. "How..."

"I helped you, remember?" Virgil slowly looked up with a worried expression making Roman's heart drop. "You were being hurt by some kids. I stepped in and got you out of there. I brought you back to my place for the night. Do you remember any of it?" Virgil frowned in thought before nodding a bit. "Ok, good that's a ..." Virgil leaned into the demon making Roman tense up at the sudden action. His hands went up in shock only to relax slightly as Virgil chuckled. 

"Thank you, Roman." Roman smiled softly as he let his hands drop back to the bed. Virgil sighed as he slowly sat back up with a frown. "I should get home."

"No... actually..." Roman frowned as he gently brushed his fingers over Virgil's wounds making him wince bad. "You should see a doctor. You're bruising has gotten a lot worse and those cuts don't look to good, Virgil."

"I'll be fine..."

"Virgil..."

"Roman, just because you 'rescued' doesn't mean shit. I don't want to be..." Virgil froze up as he just stared into Roman's green eyes. His eyes narrowed as Roman just looked away not even trying to say anything. "I don't want friends."

"I hear you, Virgil but... Friend or not... You need to see a doctor." Virgil sighed as Roman offered him a soft smile. "Please? I'm worried about your head, Virgil. I don't want you to get sick. I could have Thom... I could have my dad take you? I don't even have to come with. And then after, if you wanted to, he could take you home."

"No."

"Virgil, come on..."

"No, Roman... I meant..." Virgil sighed as he shook his head and laughed. "I meant no... I... you can come. Despite me not wanting a friend and repetitively trying to push you away... you did prove you cared and this it wasn't some kind of a lie... when you saved me last night... so..."

"Does this mean we ARE friends?"

"It means I don't hate you." Roman beamed as he jumped up and danced a small bit, making Virgil chuckle at the chilling joy he say. "Jesus calm down, Dude. All I said was I didn't hate you. Don't understand your joy over it." Roman froze up eyes wide as Virgil just kept laughing. Was that... Was that joy? Was that what Joy felt like? Roman smiled softly as he let himself calm down a bit. Joy, huh? It felt nice.

"We should get going, Virgil. The sooner you get seen by a doctor the better."