5

Virgil hugged his leather jacket around himself more as he slowly walked into school. He tried to keep his slight limp to a non-noticeable standard but when people keep bumping into you it's kind of hard. Is it on purpose? How does that many people need to bump into him? There's plenty of room. There can't be that many kids in one hall. Virgil groaned as he walked over to his locker and opened it only to rest his head against the one shelf in it. He already just wanted to go home. It was bad enough he couldn't have his hoodie with him. It was doused in school. He just had to settle for his father's old jacket. That alone made him on edge.

He grabbed his books stuffing his bag in, not even bothering to hang it up. It wasn't like he needed anything in there anyway. He already had his headphones around his neck, and earbuds to use sense he'd get in trouble if he used his headphones. He mainly just keep his headphones on his for comfort reason while he had his earbud in.

He slammed his door shut, leaning against it with a sigh, as he tried to get himself ready for first period. Math just wasn't his favorite subject. Actually, none of them were at all. Except for music maybe... He really didn't do much. To be honest most classes he just sat there at his desk writing. 

He started for his first period only to find someone standing there in front of him and he groaned. He pulled his earbuds out and wrapped them around his shoulders, glancing up to find the principal staring down at him. Well, shit. What did he do now?

"Mr. Reed?" Virgil tensed as the Principal narrowed his eyes. "Would you kindly follow me back to my office?"

"Not particularly." Virgil mumbled as he hugged his jacket even tighter. "I'm going to be late for first period." The principal only furthered his glare making Virgil cower under it. "Fine. Yeah, whatever."

"Grand." Virgil curled into himself as he silently followed the man passed by snickering students who all ignored his existence until something happened that they can laugh about. "Right inside please, Mr. Reed." Virgil nodded as he walked past the man and his secretary only to freeze up the moment he spotted another boy already sitting in one of the chairs. Virgil jumped feeling a hand go to his back before quickly sitting down in the empty one. He tried to avoid looking over at the other boy but... his eyes glanced over to see the other staring at him with a small smile and he went to put his hood up to hide... only to remember he didn't have his hoodie on. "Virgil Reed, this is Roman Black, he'll be starting school here as of today."

"Hello, Virgil." Virgil flinched slightly only offering the boy a nod as he tried not to look over at him. He could still feel his eyes like pricks to his spine.

"Now, Mr. Reed as you are one of the only boys who doesn't participate in any extracurricular, I believed it would benefit you to be this young man's guide."

"What, why?" Virgil's eyes were wide in shock as he just shook his head and hugged himself. "No. I can't do that."

"Mr. Reed, I wasn't asking." Virgil deflated and the principal sighed and held out a piece of paper, that Roman took gratefully. "Roman here is one of the son's to the Black family, Virgil. The very one that has helped to grow this town to his splendor."

"Please, Sir... My family is simply just trying to do all it can for this place. We aren't angels." Virgil couldn't help but cringe under Roman's words. He didn't understand why but... the words angel just did not sound right coming from him. "Regardless, I appreciate the steps your taking to try to make me as comfortable but... Virgil doesn't have to help me." Virgil frowned as he finally looked over and froze under the other's gaze. "I'm perfectly capable."

"Holy..." Roman quirked a brow as Virgil mumbled under his breath as he took the boy in. Roman had naturally red hair that was dyed a deeper and fuller red at the floof. He had bright emerald green eyes that glimmered under the light. Virgil could swear he saw specks of yellow and blue in them... even some red around the edges if he looked closely enough. He had very tanned skin that just fit him perfectly. Virgil was left stunned.

"What?" Roman smiled as he chuckled softly. "Do I have something in my teeth?" Virgil shook his head slowly as Roman just shrugged. "Oh, ok."

"Sorry." Virgil forced himself to look away only sink into himself noticing the principal just shaking his head annoyed. 

"Virgil, you are to help Roman with whatever he needs. Do I make myself clear?" 

"Yes, sir." Roman's eyes darkened seeing how Virgil curled up again.

"Good, you both may be excused." Virgil nodded quickly standing up and heading to the door as Roman did the same. "Oh, and Roman?" The two froze up as the man gave the demon a soft smile. "Do tell you're father I said hello, would you?"

"Of course, Sir. I'll let him know." Roman let the room trying really hard not to go back in there and... well... do something he would regret. "Virgil?" Roman froze seeing the boy before him flinch and he sighed softly. He knew what he was getting into. The boy's wish was to not be afraid... to not have to worry anymore... to be cared for. Obviously, that would mean something. Roman had a lot to do just to get Virgil to trust him. And then more than that... The deal was Virgil's desire for his desires. Roman didn't even know where to start for that. He couldn't start anyway. Not until he established himself. It was hard enough just trying to get people outside of the family to even believe he was a Black. The eldest son, who was off abroad with a distant relative. Roman just prayed that would explain his... naivety about certain things. Give him a break. He's been traped for centuries. He didn't even know what year it was until he spoke to his 'father'. "I uh... I'm Roman."

"I know." Virgil grumbled as he shook his head and turned away. "Look, you're from the richest family in town. That means you're going to have a lot of people practically fawning over you. The less time you associate with me the easier your life here will be." Roman's eyes flashed as he clenched his hands tightly. "So, I'll just show you to your classes and we can both be on our way."